Euro soccer 2012-13 season (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
RVP O M G

Tap Tap Taparoo

Southampton fans must be sickened right now.

Time for Fergie to go I think

I know it isn't EPL talk, but there isn't much else to discuss during the break... how about the USA beating Jamiaca? Coming back after the loss 4 days ago and now tied for the lead in the group. Way to go USA!

JFT96.

Some long overdue recognition for the families today after 23 years.

Gosh England looked bad against Ukraine. They made Cleverly look like a rec league player and Ox gave the ball away more then Ashley Young, which I didn't think was possible.

By the by, who else wants to see Swansea win the Premier Ship?

Gosh England looked bad against Ukraine. They made Cleverly look like a rec league player and Ox gave the ball away more then Ashley Young, which I didn't think was possible.

By the by, who else wants to see Swansea win the Premier Ship?

Cleverly is a rec league player. Its only cos he plays for United that he's a media darling. he only plays for united because they are too stupid to realize they should have bought midfielders instead of more forwards.

I don't think Cleverly is a terrible player. When he's playing defensively, I believe he adds a positive attack from the back. All I remember is that when he played in the Community Shield 2 years ago against City, He absolutely thrashed our defense. I believe Sturridge should've started instead of Cleverly. He was far more positive then Cleverly, but I also think Cleverly just had a bad game.

I am not sure how I missed this thread! I am a huge Liverpool fan and, while the season has started a bit shaky, I think we will come into form after 8 to 10 games.

Not sure we will crack the top 4 this year. Obviously we need to spend some money on a strike force but with the defense and the midfield set for the foreseeable future, I think money will be spent on a couple of forwards. Sturridge in Jan?

Not sure we will crack the top 4 this year. Obviously we need to spend some money on a strike force but with the defense and the midfield set for the foreseeable future, I think money will be spent on a couple of forwards. Sturridge in Jan?

I don't think top 4 is realistic with Rodger's methods and that squad this year. Next year, maybe.

Any idea on how much Chelsea is going to want to pillage Liverpool in that transfer after the fee paid for Torres? A lot. Like more then half of what Abrom would have to pay to get Falcao. Presuming they want to let him go at all since he counts and British for their squad numbers and I think home grown.

EPL TV and Internet Viewing Schedule

All times Eastern.

Saturday, September 15:

• Norwich vs West Ham, 7:45am, ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes
  • Queens Park Rangers vs Chelsea, 10am, FOX Soccer
  • Manchester United vs Wigan, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Arsenal vs Southampton, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Stoke City vs Manchester City, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Aston Villa vs Swansea, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Fulham vs West Brom, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Sunderland vs Liverpool, 12:30pm, FOX Soccer

Sunday, September 16:

• Reading vs Tottenham, 11am, FOX Soccer

Monday, September 17:

• Everton vs Newcastle United, 3pm, ESPN Deportes and ESPN3.com

I don't think top 4 is realistic with Rodger's methods and that squad this year. Next year, maybe.

Any idea on how much Chelsea is going to want to pillage Liverpool in that transfer after the fee paid for Torres? A lot. Like more then half of what Abrom would have to pay to get Falcao. Presuming they want to let him go at all since he counts and British for their squad numbers and I think home grown.

I think a lot of the pieces are set for the next few years that will excell in Rodgers system. The defense and midfield (with the possible exception of Gerrard, it is hard to say...) are going to play his system with ease. It is the front three that is a huge worry.

As for Sturridge, the rumored price is 15 min euros (which sounds like a bargain really). I am not worried about a gouging from Man city unless the Financial fair play rules are going to be enforced. If man city is worried, who knows what they might do? Ask a ton for the players to generate profits? Or just want to get rid of them to free up cash on the wage bill.

If they get Falcao... I can't even think about that. Do they need all top forwards not names messi or Ronaldo...

Wohoo... My Spurs finally started their season. After some lackluster performances, we obtained our first win of the season against newly promoted Reading. While Reading obviously isn't used to BPL games, our machine looked impressive, particularly in the first half. We still need to work on our finishing a bit. And, of course, we need to stop giving up 90th minute goals. Seems like that is en vogue for our spurs right now.

Another draw for City. Fourth in the table. Not a great start, but no one is pulling away yet.

All times Eastern.

Lots of Champions League games this week.

Tuesday, September 18:
  • Montpellier vs Arsenal, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Real Madrid vs Manchester City, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer and FOX Soccer 2Go

Wednesday, September 19:
  • Chelsea vs Juventus, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Manchester United vs Galatasaray, 2:45pm, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go

Thursday, September 20:
  • Young Boys vs Liverpool, 1pm, FOX Soccer and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Maritimo vs Newcastle, 1pm, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Tottenham vs Lazio, 3pm, FOX Soccer and FOX Soccer 2Go

I think a lot of the pieces are set for the next few years that will excell in Rodgers system. The defense and midfield (with the possible exception of Gerrard, it is hard to say...) are going to play his system with ease. It is the front three that is a huge worry.

As for Sturridge, the rumored price is 15 min euros (which sounds like a bargain really). I am not worried about a gouging from Man city unless the Financial fair play rules are going to be enforced. If man city is worried, who knows what they might do? Ask a ton for the players to generate profits? Or just want to get rid of them to free up cash on the wage bill.

If they get Falcao... I can't even think about that. Do they need all top forwards not names messi or Ronaldo...

Man City? Sturridge plays for Chelsea mate, not City.

Gerrard, I don't know what's going to happen there. He just doesn't fit into Rodger's system unless he can convert himself into a deep lying ball winner. The juice doesn't seem to be there anymore and the Hollywood pass doesn't work in this system (I betcha Rodgers did a little dance when he got Charlie Adam out the door). We'll see. I however don't have the optimism that it'll come together in such a short time frame as you.

All times Eastern.

Saturday, September 22:
  • Swansea City vs Everton, 7:45am, ESPN2/ESPN3.com
  • Chelsea vs Stoke, 10am, FOX Soccer
  • West Ham vs Sunderland, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Southampton vs Aston Villa, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • West Brom vs Reading, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Wigan vs Fulham, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go

Sunday, September 23:
  • Liverpool vs Manchester United, 8:30am, FOX Soccer and, on tape delay, on FOX either at 2pm ET or 4:30pm ET
  • Newcastle vs Norwich, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Manchester City vs Arsenal, 11am, FOX Soccer
  • Spurs vs QPR, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go

All times Eastern.

Saturday, September 29:

• Arsenal vs Chelsea, 7:45am, ESPN2/ESPN3.com
  • Fulham vs Manchester City, 10am, FOX Soccer
  • Everton vs Southampton, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Norwich vs Liverpool, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Reading vs Newcastle, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Stoke vs Swansea, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Sunderland vs Wigan, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Manchester United vs Tottenham, 12:30pm, FOX Soccer

Sunday, September 30:

• Aston Villa vs West Bromwich Albion, 11am, FOX Soccer

Monday, October 1:

• QPR vs West Ham United, 3pm, ESPN Deportes and ESPN3.com

City comes back from 1 down after 10 minutes to win 2-1 over Fulham.

They sure have changed a lot of players, lost of names I don't recognize.

Man City is definitely struggling. They drew yesterday in their Champions League game. Major problems in their defense. No clean sheets yet this season.

Europa League tonight and Liverpool is looking for a win against Udinese. Tough opponents imo - will be a good test to see if the recent positive results will continue against a savvy Italian team. I hope BR lets the youngsters have a go - really liking the looks of Shelvey,Sterling, Wisdom and my personal favourite Suso.

While we finally got a win in the league I´m still a bit concerned about Reina´s form - He´s like a shadow of his old self.

I've been away from the thread for a bit, but WOW... my spurs beating ManU at Old Trafford. Just awesome. It took everything we had to hold on to that game, but awesome nonetheless.

Looks like our players are not sporting the enthusiasm for Europa as AVB seems to be. Oh well... no worries about that.

All times Eastern.

Saturday, October 6:

• Manchester City vs Sunderland, 7:45am, ESPN2/ESPN3.com
  • Chelsea vs Norwich, 10am, FOX Soccer
  • Wigan vs Everton, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • West Brom vs QPR, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Swansea vs Reading, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • West Ham vs Arsenal, 12:30pm, FOX Soccer

Sunday, October 7:

• Southampton vs Fulham, 8:30am, FOX Soccer
  • Liverpool vs Stoke, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Tottenham vs Aston Villa, 10am, FOX Soccer 2Go
  • Newcastle United vs Manchester United, 11am, FOX Soccer and, on tape delay, on FOX either at 2pm ET or 4:30pm ET

City finally played a game in which they looked like the champions and also got their first clean sheet of the season. Hope they keep this play going.

Tottenham looking more and more like a top 4 team. Undefeated in last 6 EPL.

City finally played a game in which they looked like the champions and also got their first clean sheet of the season. Hope they keep this play going.

Mancini finally stopped messing around and reverted to the successful 4-2-3-1 formation that the won the league last year. I hope he finally puts that awful 3-5-2 to bed. It really screwed up the defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back