Important THP Reader Info - Blind9Golf

We really appreciate the honesty JB and GG. It stinks that it came to this, but you have to do what is right for you.

We have attempted to contact them about the remainder of their partnership by all methods possible, including a certified letter which was refused, and we have not received any response back

this is what really killed it for me, the fact that they deliberately refused a certified letter. I had a great experience about a year ago with blind 9 (through amazon though) but that was then and I know personally I attempted to contact them three times in the last 6 months and only got 1 response back that one week that they answered everyones emails. I hope nothing negative is going on in P & D's life, but I agree that this is for the best.

Uriel

I hate that it came to this, but I am glad that you let us know what is going on GG....I would hate for someone that didn't know to place new orders with them just because they are used to them being a THP perfered vendor.

This is unfortunate, but seemingly necessary. I was a member when Blind9 was the go to place for THP'ers. I wonder what happened?

Having never dealt with them I can't speak to lack of service, GG/JB have set a standard to what is THP acceptable and if its not for the good of what you've dreamed and built then that's all I need to hear. You've always kept this ship on a steady course for excellence and there is no reason to believe it won't maintain it. Thanks for giving us the straight skinny.

I refrained from posting specific online retailer at the time when it happened (ordered in early May), but I will never purchase from them again regardless.

I also purchased from them based on recommendations, I ordered a clic-gear cart and some other items that went with it. While I received the cart (drop-ship from clic-gear directly) ... it took me over 2 months (nearly 3) ... yes nearly 3 months to get the rest of the items I ordered - which included a gps holder attachment, a towel and a few other minor things (about $50 in total extras).

I called to check in 2 weeks after my cart arrived, I was ensured it was an issue on clic-gears end and would be remedied shortly.
Giving them the benefit of the doubt I waited.
Called after another 2 weeks, and again after 2 more and 2 more... it became a chore. I did not see results until I began calling them daily and asking Dennis for updates and threatening to get bank involved.

Was not pleased at all to say the least.

I'm shocked. I knew some guys on here were having problems with them but this is a surprise.

you gotta do what ya gotta do and this seems like it was a most do. seems thp takes care of its members the best it can tho after reading all this im going to join the albatross club as soon as i get done typing this.

Sorry to see it come to this. This does bring up a question I have though. This spring, when all the other web sites and stores were marking down the older clubs like the Burner 2.0 irons, Blind9 kept the old price up on their site. It seemed like a red flag to me, since any retailer would want to have updated sale prices on their website or they'd lose a lot of business. One of the first things I look for when choosing an online retailer is how much attention they give to their site. If they can't be bothered to update it regularly, then how much attention will they give the customers? So I was never comfortable enough to order anything from them.

I didn't comment on it at the time because I didn't want to say anything negative about a THP sponsor, especially with so many people raving about the excellent service they were receiving at the time. So my question is, what is the accepted practice for something like this? Should it be brought up in the forum, in a PM to GG or JB or an email to the retailer itself?

you gotta do what ya gotta do and this seems like it was a most do. seems thp takes care of its members the best it can tho after reading all this im going to join the albatross club as soon as i get done typing this.

I see by your badge that you are a man of your word, welcome to the AC krank.

I am surprised by this action but understand why it needed to be done. Thanks for looking out for the members GG.

I'm shocked. I knew some guys on here were having problems with them but this is a surprise.

Same here I bought a couple big ticket items from them.
Was treated great.

Sorry to see it come to this. This does bring up a question I have though. This spring, when all the other web sites and stores were marking down the older clubs like the Burner 2.0 irons, Blind9 kept the old price up on their site. It seemed like a red flag to me, since any retailer would want to have updated sale prices on their website or they'd lose a lot of business. One of the first things I look for when choosing an online retailer is how much attention they give to their site. If they can't be bothered to update it regularly, then how much attention will they give the customers? So I was never comfortable enough to order anything from them.

I didn't comment on it at the time because I didn't want to say anything negative about a THP sponsor, especially with so many people raving about the excellent service they were receiving at the time. So my question is, what is the accepted practice for something like this? Should it be brought up in the forum, in a PM to GG or JB or an email to the retailer itself?

Definitely send a PM to me or JB.

Truthfully, I am mad at myself for even letting it get this far. We should have taken action sooner when we first started to receive complaints. I take full responsibility for that. I always try to see the good in people, and believe there is always a good reason why someone wouldn't be responding to emails, phone calls etc...but after months of complaints from members I should have known better and stopped it sooner.

I never like to make these things public, but I know there are quite a few people still waiting on orders from them so I felt it was important to put this out there for everyone. Thanks for your understanding.

Really can't blame yourself when things like this go wrong. Surely it wasn't something that you thought would've happened when you formed the partnership. A lot of people including myself are always trying to see the better in people. Sometimes it's just not there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Way to go , Stepping it up to Albatross membership is Fantastic!

ty and i always do what i say if at all possible.

I'm disappointed it came to this, I personally had a good transaction with them fairly recently, but totally understand and support the decision. Very much appreciate THP keeping us informed with things like this. Thanks much!

A real shame to hear about this for the members/GG/JB and even Blind9. It's a shame one side was not able to hold up their end of the deal especially after gaining such great exposure.

Think it speaks wonders to JB and GG to take the initiative and break away from a partnership that had turned for the worst and for that I applaud you for taking that initiative.

Like some others, I was never able to get with them on questions. I think I was 0 for 3 as well.

Morgan, you and I talked about a possibility for me here in Warner Robins with that golf shop. People have told me I was insane to think about it based on the percentage of mom-n-pop shops competing against big boxes that survive. Maybe that's what happened (?)

I appreciate the transparency. For what it is worth, I tried to buy with them and never heard anything back. I didn't mention it on the forum, but you can add another person to the list who found them not responsive.

Back