Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade ATV Wedges

Awesome chance to test these.

Current wedge- xft's 54 & 60
I have tried the new ATV
I like the sole design. I think it's gives me more confidence assuming its going work from all lies. It takes away guesswork for bounce in an all purpose model.
i am right handed
i do consider myself to be active.

Good luck everyone, this is going to be really interesting testing

1. What wedges do you currently play? 54* Mizuno T10, 58* & 62* Cleveland CG 15

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I have only seen them once in store and it didn't seem like they were to anxious to let me swing them.

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I would really like to see how the technology works because I struggle with my higher bounce wedge on full shots but need that bounce in the sand and rough.

4. RH or LH? RH

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I made the THP OGWR so I would say yes.

This testing is going to be one of the nastiest ones THP has had to date. Just picked up the ATV wedges and played a round with them today. I have a feeling this testing is going to be VERY successful!

The hits keep coming; from TMAG & THP!!!

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

1. What wedges do you currently play? I currently use the Taylormade xFT wedges, 50,54,58 And i do really love them so i would love to compare them to the ATV!

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge?
No i have not, I hope to hit one quickly this upcoming week when i get my lesson!

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? My thoughts? How about "LOVE" Who would'nt want to have a wedge in there bag which you can play almost out of any lie your given. Many people buy more then just the set they have depending on the courses you might play, Some more serious golfers add the additional club of choice for what would better you for the Golf Course's you play, now not so much you have the Taylormade ATV. I think this wedge isnt only great for beginning golfers but all handi-caps will bonus from this!

4. RH or LH? I am a Righty!!

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I am very very very active! I come on everyday, easily over 5-10 times a day. I would say i'm more addicted then active hahah! I always get screamed at to get off my IPhone from my girlfriend for "reading about golf." And i post daily! I have not applied to test any-other product from THP because i knew i wanted to be very interested in the product and love it which i do! If i was chosen i would not only test this beautiful product i would treat it like a job and do my very best for the great people at Taylormade and Josh and Morgan at THP! And all you!!

1. What wedges do you currently play? I am currently playing Cleveland CG15's.
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I have not had the opportunity to try these out yet but really want to as all of my other clubs are TaylorMade.
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I am very intrigued by the variable bounce on these clubs for many reasons but one is because of the varying sand conditions on many courses.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yes I consider my self an active member of THP. I check in on the forum many times a day.

Holy, Holy!! Thank you THP and :taylormade: for this quite awesome opportunity!!

1. What wedges do you currently play?

I currently play a 52 degree Taylormade TP Wedge w/ XFT with 8 degrees of bounce and I also play a 58 Degree Mizuno MP T Series with 10 degrees of bounce

I have not, but once I see them I will definitely give them a try. I've heard nothing but good things about them.

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design?

I really like it. I've wanted to see how a company would attempt to re-invent the wedge, per say. I believe this idea is very intriguing and I believe that it could work very well.

4. RH or LH?

RH

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member?

Yes I do. I have been to 2 Georgia Golf Get Togethers. I am known amongest the THP community as that kid who REALLY likes Rickie Fowler. And, I am ranked 71st in the Official THP Golf Rankings. I believe I could provide great insight into this club because of my practice regimen. I practice/play 6 days a week, at least 2 hours a day. I really do hope you guys put some trust in me to let me test these clubs. I know I am young (18), but I would really treasure an opportunity like this. Taylormade have a great product here and I would be honored to test it for the THP community.

Awesome testing opportunnity. Thanks TMADE and THP.
1. What wedges do you currently play? Adams Tom Watson
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? Great concept. can't wait to try them
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? on a scale of 1 to 10 where 10 is the most active and 1 is never logs on I am probably not quite a six.

Great Testing Opportunity Thanks to THP and Taylormade

1. What wedges do you currently play? Cleveland 588s 55* and 60*

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? Got a chance to hit these at THP Demo day

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? Interesting concept and i was impressed with my initial thoughts with how it interacted with the turf.

4. RH or LH? RH

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I do consider myself active.

Cobra II Tour 52° GW, RAM 56° SW, RAM 60° LW (they're ugly but they work)

I've had the chance to look at them, but not hit them

I'm very intrigued by the design of these, and the versatility they provide.

4. RH or LH?

Righty tighty

I'm glad to say yes

I big thanks to :taylormade: for supporting THP and allowing this testing opportunity.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Cleveland Forged 588 48*, 52*, 56*, 60*
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I have not seen in person but from initial pics I think the sole looks a little funky. I tend to stay away from wedges that come with iron sets because they don't allow creativity due to the sole size/design, (lay club open, etc...), and the soles of the ATV remind me of an "iron set wedge". From all the tour hype in the podcast I assume my intial thoughts are wrong and the sole technology performs as advertised but I will have to see for myself.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Very much so.

1. What wedges do you currently play? TaylorMade xFT 50*, 56*, 60*

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? Yes, at the THP Demo day

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I love the idea of the versatile sole which keeps the guessing game of which bounce to put on a particular wedge.

4. RH or LH? Right-hander

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yes, thanks to Tapatalk keeps me active with the site during the work day and also away from the laptop.

1. Callaway Forged 52*, Bridgestone J38 56*, Taylormade xFt 60*

2. I have not.

3. I don't know. It is interesting, and versatility is a huge thing for me. Will it work? I dunno, not until I try it.

4. Right.

5. I would say so. For the last 2 years I have been consistently active, and my activity level has increased greatly in the last several months.

Wow...I would really love to try these!!

1. What wedges do you currently play? Cleveland 52* - 56* - 58*
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No...but I would love to!
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? After listening to JB's show with Mike Fox on these, I find the theory really interesting and want to test it out.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I am very active. I am on here almost every day and usually multiple times a day.

Thanks THP and Taylormade for this opportunity !

1. What wedges do you currently play? I have a Cleveland TA 900 52* Ping Tour 56* and Titleist Spinmilled 60*

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? No I have not tried it out

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? To be honest I'm a little skeptical. I think it would be an amazing wedge if it works as advertised. I'm not too worried about how the wedge looks, I actually like the very mechanical look it has.

4. RH or LH? I'm Right-handed

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I do consider myself an active member. I come to the forums every day and post when I feel I can bring some insight to a conversation.

Thanks THP and Taylormade for this great testing opportunity!

1. What wedges do you currently play? Taylormade racTP satin 52, Titleist Vokey 58
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I have, and had very positive results with it to say the least
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? Interesting in concept, impossible to argue the results.
4. RH or LH? right handed please
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Pretty sure I've THP'ed in my sleep. I'm fairly active yes hehe

Awesome testing chance, thank you so much THP and Taylormade for the chance!

I currently play the TaylorMade RAC ZTP Wedges in 52, 56 and 60 degrees of loft.

No, sadly I have not.

I find the sole design pretty interesting actually, even though I'm quite skeptical that one wedge can be used for all types of shots in different conditions. I'm open-minded about it, and eager to try out different types of shots on different courses with various conditions.

4. RH or LH?
Right handed.

Yes, I consider myself to be pretty active, I like to post a few times a day, and when I'm not posting I'm always browsing, or learning from the info in threads.

1. What wedges do you currently play? TM Rac Z TP n 52/56/60
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? i have, and to be honest i love them. they are so nice and easy to control everywhere around the green. i'm tempted to pick up a set of these once i get the money (which might not be for quite a dang while, but still)..
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? well, when i first heard of them, i thought they were just a bunch of pro's being recorded on camera saying they are awesome to get money, but when i first tried them, they really are awesome. never thought there was such a wedge that could be used so easily for every type of shot. as for looks, i don't really care, as long as it works, i'll take it.
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? I do, i'm on almost every day

Another great testing opportunity for the members of the site.

1. What wedges do you currently play? Cleveland 588 - 50, 56, 60

2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I have. I hit it at the THP Outing and Demo Day.

3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? Very intrigued by the look and felt it worked very well with the various shots I hit with it.

4. RH or LH? RH

5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yes I do.

Thanks to THP and Taylormade for making it happen! Should be a great one to follow and hope to be a part of.

Wow, THP is KILLING it this year. And TaylorMade, major props for being so willing to have your products tested by a bunch of random duffers like us! I am confident whomever is choses will provide great feedback. And tell Mike from the radio show he was a great interview.1. What wedges do you currently play?
I'm currently playing some older Cleveland CG 11's at 56° and 60°. I also have a Callaway Big Bertha 2006 Gap Wedge to match my PW.

No ... and I'm DYING to - especially after that THP radio interview and I'm really looking to improve my short game this year. And with the KBS shafts..yummy!

I'm totally tripped out by the concave sole and how that will help on tight lies. But then with a little change is address, a different leading edge and potentially bounce. I might be a little intimidated and excited by when to use what where - I love that creative element about golf and this design seems to support that. I'm never one to think sticking to convention is always the right path, so I applaud TMaG for trying something new.

4. RH or LH?
I'm a righty!

Yup! I'm in the Tadashi top 50 ranking!

Taylormade XFTs in 50/52/58......love the KBS shaft in these

2. Have you tried the ATV wedges yet?

No....there aren't available in the UK yet......( please hurry up September) I have been reading and watching and listening to everything about these wedges I can find .

3.What do you think about the sole design?

I am fascinated by what Taylormade has done with the sole design. Here is a wedge that you should be able to produce a multitude of shots from without worrying about the lie you are playing from.....no more choosing the wedge I will HAVE to use because of the bounce choices I have available.

4.Right or Left Handed?

Right handed

Yes I do.....always on here reading posts , finding out info or posting. I love the community I have found here.

THP is getting after it with the testing! Thanks again TayloMade and THP.

Thanks THP and TMaG for a great testing opportunity. I am looking forward to this review.

1. What wedges do you currently play? I currently play TM xFT Wedges in 56 and 60
2. Have you tried out the ATV wedge? I have not had the chance, none of my local shops carry them yet.
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? I rather intrigued with the design. From all the reviews I have read about it so far, I think Taylormade has a winner in there hands. Creating a wedge that can be used in many different ways by just adjusting the lie of the head is an amazing thing.
4. RH or LH? Right Hand
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yes, I believe I am an active member, as much as my crazy life allows.

Last edited:
Looking forward to hearing more about these new hot wedges. Thanks to THP & TaylorMade Golf for partnering for this testing.

1. What wedges do you currently play? SCOR4161
3. What are your thoughts on the sole design? The soles look very interesting, love the innovation here and am looking forward to hearing how it works
4. RH or LH? RH
5. Do you consider yourself an active THP member? Yes, I have been consistently active on the THP forum and homepage since signing up in 2010. Active in many different sections of the forum, not just one topic or another.

Very excited to see a big manufacturer like Taylormade getting involved in "ground roots" testing like this. I have been very excited about the brand for a while, even more so after seeing it on Undercover Boss recently.

Maxfli M-Series

No. There is no where local for me to do so without purchasing them.

I'm confused, and curious. I am uncertain how the design actually works.

4. RH or LH?
RH

I have only recently joined and am trying to be as active as possible. Hopefully soon I will start a progress thread on my return to golf after 15 years away from consistant playing.

Back