"Your New Favorite Golfer is Andres Gonzalez" - VICE Off Day

That's a great video. Very down to earth guy. Very dedicated to play in that weather during the winter too.

He totally seems like a regular guy, who loves his beer and his golf clubs. I enjoyed that.

I have always liked him. Loved seeing this. Somehow didn't realize he was up in this area. I'm going to have to go to that place and try that sandwich. With a beer of course.

The title is so true. Probably my new favorite golfer. This was a pretty awesome video and that club collection looked badass. Now I want a sandwich with an egg on it

I love this guy. And love that bent elbow, maybe my swing has a chance after all :p

When the Web.com tour had tournaments in my area, I had the good fortune to be a committee chair, which gave me the opportunity to meet and be around Andres. At the time, he had not yet cut his hair, so he appeared to be more suited to the WWE than the PGA. I found him to be a genuine guy that really enjoyed life, he was always laughing at or with someone and readily accepted humor at his expense. What was of more significance to me is that he showed an appreciation for the volunteers and fans that supported the tournament.

Seems like a dude who I would be friends with. Very cool guy not taking life too serious

Cool dude. Suddenly, I want a sandwich. And a beer.

Also, I have a few friends who bend their left elbow on the backswing, and they're pretty good players. What's important is that the left arm straightens out just before impact.

Cool dude. Suddenly, I want a sandwich. And a beer.

Also, I have a few friends who bend their left elbow on the backswing, and they're pretty good players. What's important is that the left arm straightens out just before impact.

You know Jordan Spieth too!!!??? :D

You know Jordan Spieth too!!!??? :D

Oh I didn't know that. I had to Google that. Jordan has a slight elbow bend, my buddies have a great big bend, like 90 degrees.

I'd play a round with him and then a beer after the round. Would be fun.

Found this to be a fun little video. I'd love to see more of these from other PGA Tour Members.

Good stuff. Definitely appreciate him and his uniqueness more now.

Family, friends, the dog, golf, big checks, and a brewmaster in his man cave.

What's not to like.

I had to stop the video and comment right away. I grew up hitting balls on the same range he's hitting balls on to start the video. And when we couldn't afford being members anymore (about age 11), I still caddied there for another 2-3 years. Love. That. Course. (Edit: I realize now that this is probably only interesting to me. And maybe my wife when she feigns interest in my golf stories...)

Gonzalez seems like a good dude.

Also, 48 and rainy? That's god's weather...:act-up:

Last edited:
Seems like a cool dude who's a blast to hang out with. Definitely enjoyed the video and he's made a new fan in me.

Ha, that was pretty cool and the trolling of Tiger on Twitter was hilarious. The fact he grinds in rain speaks volumes about his commitment to the game!

I want that sandwich now. So much.

The year my daughter started playing around with golf, we went to FESJC here in town and Andres stopped and talked with her. She was amazed at his mustache handlebars. He is an ultra cool cat in my book, and she calls him Andres the Giant!

That was a really cool mini doc too!

JM

Hahahahaha Wow I can relate to this dude!

This guy is my hero.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! That was an extremely cool video. I've been living under a rock because I've never heard of vice before. He seems like an extremely cool and down to earth guy. I like his "unique" swing, makes him relatable to us average golfers who don't have the "perfect" swing. Love his crazy long head hair and facial hair stylings! Touché

From Callaway's site, it would appear that this was the first of a four part mini series. The released a teaser with Lydia Ko yesterday.

Finally got around to watching this. Dude is hilarious.

He was hear for a charity event and I didn't expect to follow his group as there were some bigger names in the groups teeing off after him, but I quickly found myself following his group just to hear his comments and how he interacted with the crowd. Really hard not to like him.

Back