Should Tiger Play in the President's Cup?

They will let him for rating purposes.

Absolutely not. I'll lose a ton of respect for Freddie if he picks TW for his team. No frickin way should he be on it right now.

If we keep agreeing on things we are going to wind up friends. hahaha

Philosophically speaking TC, I know a few times you have mentioned you want TW to come clean with everyone. Lets say the guy is just kind of a jerk and thats who he is, he doesnt come clean because he doesnt care what we think. Would you want him to come clean and all even if he doesnt want to and it would be in a way fake?

I dont know any of this to be fact, just hypothetically.

No, I would want it to be real. I know that may be hard for Tiger, but one thing is clear: what he gave us in that presser after his scandal was the furthest thing from real.

No. He needs to stay home and "practice"

No, I would want it to be real. I know that may be hard for Tiger, but one thing is clear: what he gave us in that presser after his scandal was the furthest thing from real.

Agreed, looking back, it is laughable.

I think it depends on why he'd be wanted there.

If he was there for the TV ratings or as a tip of the hat to his accomplishments, then yes he should be there.
But if the goal is to field the best possible players to have the best chance to win the event, then the answer should be "No" because Tiger's game simply isn't there yet.

But the reality is that it's a mixture of all those things so he'll probably be there.
And you never know, he may surprise everyone and put on a clinic and then all the gum-flappers will say that the opportunity was just what he needed to kick start his game.

Agreed, looking back, it is laughable.

He was pretty real after his Friday round last week in his interview. I actually saw truth in his eyes it seemed. He looked so battered and dejected. I think him being real is what will let his golf game come back.

I'm not saying that this should make the decision or not....but he's already committed to the Australian Open on the week prior to the President's Cup. Plus Couples has pretty much said that he's going to be a captain's pick if he's healthy (http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/6837709/fred-couples-says-tiger-woods-likely-presidents-cup-squad).

On form right now, there are easily 12 American players that are more deserving of being on the team than Tiger. However, the 2 things that I listed above lead me to believe you'll see him on that team.

Only if Stricker requests him as a partner again... and if he brings the beer. Then maybe.

He was pretty real after his Friday round last week in his interview. I actually saw truth in his eyes it seemed. He looked so battered and dejected. I think him being real is what will let his golf game come back.

Yeah, the more I think about it, the more I think he is a selfish guy and that is that. I personally could care less, I mean he's not my friend so it doesn't affect me in any way. He wasn't really sorry he hurt people so it looked fake. Now he is very down that his game is sucking and it affects him personally in a bad way, so his emotions look honest because I think they are. I'm ok with that.

tiger

tiger

i dont think tiger should play in the presidents cup he should man up and just tell f.couples that he is just not ready and give some of the young guns an opportunity to play. i think the ratings will suffer but it is what it is. i really dont think tiger is going to play again until his game is a little tighter. His game at the pga was embarrasing and that could be in his head when he makes his decision. A little off topic i dont think tiger will get back to where he once was with sean foley hes got him all twisted up and doesnt have a clear direction in which to go. If you've ever read any articles or seen him on the golf channel he is a nut job. He fixes golf swings not the space shuttle. just my opinion though.

Maybe over Bo but I like HM and Jimbo over Tigger right now

Top 12 as of today, I'd take Tiger over the bolded.

Steve Stricker
Matt Kuchar
Phil Mickelson
Nick Watney
Dustin Johnson
Bubba Watson
David Toms
Hunter Mahan
Bill Haas
Jim Furyk
Rickie Fowler
Bo Van Pelt

No. He should not. Used to be you would want him there just for the Tiger Factor. But when it's just an Eldrick Factor, not so much.

How come?

First because no one should be able to do whatever they want. The world isn't Woodstock. Second because he's terrible right now.

Kevin

No way should Eldrick get a spot, but I am sure he will, as the Hairy Fish said, Freddie has already been quoted as saying if Tiger is healthy he gets a spot. I don't think health was the issue last week, it was his game and his mental state pure and simple.

as much as we say no, I'm sure he'll be there. might be some drama but in the end, he'll be playing. at least that's what I think.

No, I do not think he has earned the spot. Does him being on the team give the U.S. a better chance to win? IMO it does not.

I say no. His game is a mess and his game isn't where it needs to be in order to do justice to this event.

Absolutely he should. He deserves it....

And what about Keegan Bradley? Is an American golfer in better form than him right now? He should be a Captain's pick.

If Tiger's game was messy but his head was OK, I'd say pick him. At this point I'd rather see that kid who won the PGA, Bradley, get a shot over Tiger.

Back