2013-14 College basketball thread (Spoilers)

I'm used to Duke getting killed on the boards. I'm not comfortable with a Duke team that can't play defense and can't hit free throws.

Not that they can't play defense but show no desire to play solid D. They got tired in the second half as well.

I'm used to Duke getting killed on the boards. I'm not comfortable with a Duke team that can't play defense and can't hit free throws.

I think both of those will get better as the year goes on. K won't be ok with the effort on the court today. However I wish JJ played when the rules were like this dude would have had 40 a night with this many free throws.

Ohio State shot 51 free throws tonight!!!

wish I could have stayed up to watch the game, 2-0 on my wishes!

It was a great game. The lead for either team was never more than 6 points. The foul started to really slow it up. But overall it was exciting

Nothing would please me more than Kentucky losing
Ask for and you shall recieve

I agree, which I why I was a little surprised that they came out of the box ranked #1. Also shows you how much I pay attention to the rankings early on - just found out tonight !! :)

On a side note - great win by VCU. If you ever get a chance to watch them in person, do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VCU is must see for anyone that enjoys college basketball, I covered them when they were in the CAA, prior to last year. They are capable of running any team in the country off the floor on any night. But if they miss there 3's they can be in big trouble, as we saw in last years NCAA Tourney against Michigan.

It's been a great week so far of basketball with the 24 hour marathon this week.

Tonight I'll be at the Towson/Temple game.

Buckeyes end marquettes ncaa leading home winning streak

Oh my. .NC goes down to Belmont

Haha. Belmont at home? 12th ranked team? That is laughable. Can't wait for those games

And Iowa St. takes down Michigan.
But Iowa St ain't no cake walk especially @ home

Last edited:
KU is up to #2. But so early in the season

KU is up to #2. But so early in the season

After Towson's horrible showing at Villanova yesterday, I'm afraid to see what awaits them at Allen Field House on Friday. Maybe the Jay Hawks will overlook them.

Cuse about to lose??

KU doing like NC. They're struggling with Iona

Must be early season sleep on teams week, UNC losing last night, Duke struggling with East Carolina tonight, Kansas vs Iona, it always seems to go in streaks.

Must be early season sleep on teams week, UNC losing last night, Duke struggling with East Carolina tonight, Kansas vs Iona, it always seems to go in streaks.

Maybe the trend will continue on Friday when Towson plays at KU. But I bet Iona will put an end to any thought of KU being caught off guard twice in the same week.

Yeah. Think Self will be all over em next few days

Good games from the big 3 freshman last night. Jabari Parker, Andrew Wiggins and Julius Randle all with good games.

I think Randle could be the best of the three. He's so dominant on both ends of the floor.

I thought for sure Duke was going to get on a big run in the second half and pull away but it never happened. I think UNC, Duke, and Kansas will all get better as the season goes on. Duke didn't have the polished look they typically have.

Back