DB86

Reaction score
Handicap
I have been working on a spreadsheet in excel (taking numbers from my scoring app) to chart my overall progress and my putting progress. Below you can see my progress since I started playing (19 months) in the graphs. I have shaved 37.5 strokes overall off of my 18 hole rounds with about 22.5 of those strokes being putts. That means that about 60% of my overall performance improvements have been due to the old flat stick. Very interesting to see the data. All the data below only includes rounds at my home course.

First graph is overall performance with 18 hole scores shown in blue and 9 hole scores in red. (Solid lines represent par)
7e30b1339c4b91a340d5b741c629c251.jpg

Second graph is putter performance with 18 hole putts shown in blue and 9 hole putts shown in red.
01d69e2414c6f290c962070e8a52979e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats. Thats awesome.
Good luck on your journey.

I think I need to work on my flatstick some more

Fantastic progression right there.

That is amazing progress... and cements the fact that mastering the flatstick is a crucial part of you're game... great work!

I wish I had the patience to track the data. Fantasic, keep it going!

Interesting analysis.

Are you tracking all of your data by hand or using an on course app?

Thanks everyone for all of the positive encouragement. I was amazed that my putting was such a large amount of the total. I am using an app initially but none of them that i have found show everything I wanted to see so I started using excel also. I use swing by swing when playing I really like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck I wish I had the patience to keep track like that

Just keep trending down! Congrats on the progress!

Back