The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
BOA being a PITA. I appreciate the fraud protection and all but don't call me getting gas and a sub "unusual activity" and locking my card up. 25 minutes later...

BOA being a PITA. I appreciate the fraud protection and all but don't call me getting gas and a sub "unusual activity" and locking my card up. 25 minutes later...

They are always a pita. I ditched and am with fifth third now

I shipped a package today (golf club), already packaged by me and it cost $35 as the cheapest option. Is it me or is shipping outrageous? Last time I shipped something it was like $40 and that included the box and packing job.

Seems ridiculous. I normally ship USPS Priority Mail and pay about 13.00-18.00 depending on the location.

Has their ever been a worse band in the history of the world than Florida Georgia Line.

It is a PITA, but when they called me yesterday and asked if I had just spent $425 at Home Depot, and another $250 at a Safeway Market. I was happy they had called. Cause it was fraudulent use. They said the trigger was Home Depot. Big shock there I guess given recent history.

It is a PITA, but when they called me yesterday and asked if I had just spent $425 at Home Depot, and another $250 at a Safeway Market. I was happy they had called. Cause it was fraudulent use. They said the trigger was Home Depot. Big shock there I guess given recent history.

But you'd been using that card so it makes sense. They just sent me the card and I had activated it yesterday. Little early for the irregular activity don't you think?

But you'd been using that card so it makes sense. They just sent me the card and I had activated it yesterday. Little early for the irregular activity don't you think?

Well a little premature ejac...I mean at least you know they're watching you Wardy!

But I hadn't used my card since the Morgan Cup lol

I shipped a package today (golf club), already packaged by me and it cost $35 as the cheapest option. Is it me or is shipping outrageous? Last time I shipped something it was like $40 and that included the box and packing job.
Guessing you didn't go usps? last time I shipped a club is was 9 bucks

Just be glad your not shipping out hundreds of putter covers.

Just got off the phone with my father, apparently Family Services had to pay a visit to my grandparents. At a recent doc's appointment my grandmother told her doc that her knees were swollen and bruised because my grandfather keeps slamming her into doors. Her dementia's getting far worse :( A social worker showed up because a claim of abuse was made, and my aunt thankfully went over ASAP, she's spent her whole life as a nurse or administrator in various mental health facilities. The social worker was treated to a line of stories about how my grandfather hits my grandmother, how he sends secret messages out the window with his flashlight to people who are parked on the street, how he leaves at 1am... he's almost 90 and can barely play 9 holes with a cart, never mind taking off at 1am.

Thankfully the social worker knew nothing had actually happened, but she was very concerned for my grandfather's safety due to the violent delusions my grandmother is having. Looks like the family may need to move her into a facility for both her protection as well as my grandfather's... but they've been inseparable since they were teenagers. Even with all that's happening, my grandfather refuses to leave her side. I'm heartbroken at the thought of things getting worse and them being separated.

Sorry to hear that Russ, that is beyond tough.

Just got off the phone with my father, apparently Family Services had to pay a visit to my grandparents. At a recent doc's appointment my grandmother told her doc that her knees were swollen and bruised because my grandfather keeps slamming her into doors. Her dementia's getting far worse :( A social worker showed up because a claim of abuse was made, and my aunt thankfully went over ASAP, she's spent her whole life as a nurse or administrator in various mental health facilities. The social worker was treated to a line of stories about how my grandfather hits my grandmother, how he sends secret messages out the window with his flashlight to people who are parked on the street, how he leaves at 1am... he's almost 90 and can barely play 9 holes with a cart, never mind taking off at 1am.

Thankfully the social worker knew nothing had actually happened, but she was very concerned for my grandfather's safety due to the violent delusions my grandmother is having. Looks like the family may need to move her into a facility for both her protection as well as my grandfather's... but they've been inseparable since they were teenagers. Even with all that's happening, my grandfather refuses to leave her side. I'm heartbroken at the thought of things getting worse and them being separated.

I hate to hear that Russia, my grandmother suffers also and it is a scary thought.

Has their ever been a worse band in the history of the world than Florida Georgia Line.

I just saw the cbs intro again, I'm answering my own question no their has not.

I'm going USPS next time. UPS is just ridiculous.

Same with me OJ. The last two clubs I shipped were over $30. iOS store wanted $18 on top of that for a box.

It was only going like 400 miles. Rip off.

Guess I'll do USPS next time. What method of USPS is best and provides a tracking number?

Same with me OJ. The last two clubs I shipped were over $30. iOS store wanted $18 on top of that for a box.

It was only going like 400 miles. Rip off.

Guess I'll do USPS next time. What method of USPS is best and provides a tracking number?
Priority Mail

I'm going USPS next time. UPS is just ridiculous.

Sign up on eBay as a seller, you get 25% off UPS shipping when you make a UPS acct. Also, don't go UPS store. They mark up higher than regular UPS.

Also, don't go UPS store. They mark up higher than regular UPS.

That is where I went wrong. At my last job I was able to ship from there under our national account rate and just pay it back to the company.

So I guess I didn't realize what a rip off UPS Store seemed.

Damn rocks in the bunkers. Not small stones, but legit rocks - as in 1-2+ inches in long axis!
Killing my wedge! ARRRGHHH!

Installing new flooring in 80% of the house has kept me off the course and away from THP much more than I would like.

Installing new flooring in 80% of the house has kept me off the course and away from THP much more than I would like.

That sounds terrible, but rewarding.

That sounds terrible, but rewarding.

Yeah, you know I am not real handy but we are trying to do this ourselves. First two rooms look pretty good. Just a lot of work but it should be well worth it in the end.

Yeah, you know I am not real handy but we are trying to do this ourselves. First two rooms look pretty good. Just a lot of work but it should be well worth it in the end.

What kind of flooring?

We have quite a few projects coming up. I am dreading it and excited at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back