Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically - the guests are paying for the wedding. The $150 covers your meal. I think that your wife's brother or the bride's family should pick up that expense.

Yes, the guests are paying for the wedding. I dont even want to know if my brother-in-law is getting a discount or comp on his "honeymoon" package for having the wedding there (I'm sure he is), that would just push me over the edge!!!

sacul, do we have the same brother? sounds like something mine would pull (and i know that he'll see this). dude, that's kind of rough, you kind of have to be there i'm sure. if it's any consolation, i'd rather you make the thp outing as well.

And yeah, I think if we go to this, it kills any chance of doing the outing. But kicker is, his parents have already said they're not going, and his other sister is on the edge about it as well (this might send her off). So I dont know if we have to be there or not.

I'm leaving it up to the wife. We have the money, but it'll hurt. It's her family, it's her decision, and I'll support her wholeheartedly in whatever she decides.

Just send a gift and go to the party I'm sure they will have after they get back :) No hard feelings, they should expect that not everybody is able to make it. Just don't mention the THP Outing. That might cause a little awkwardness.

The last destination wedding I went to was in Bermuda. I have to admit - it really was a fun wedding.

menopause

lol! thanks hanks needed the laugh, and no its in regards to Mrs. S_H

I already feel bad for JB when that happens to me. I am normally about 5 degrees warmer than the average person who know what will happen when I am going through menopause. I guess it's a good thing we have another 30 year or so for that.

yeah its no fun for either party. Mrs. S_H is a little older then me, 47 to be exact and I know she is having a rough time with it and has for 6-7 months. The mood swings are the worse, like a rollercoaster. Some days I can do no right no matter what I say or do or dont say or do. And God forbid dont ask any kind of question about anything! What I dont get is you know theres an issue and your doctor tells you what it is and gives the medicine that will help you deal with it and you get the medicine from Walgreens but you wont take it! :banghead:

oh well I love her and were together till death do us part. Just dont know if will be by Gods hands or mine! :angel:

Yes, the guests are paying for the wedding. I dont even want to know if my brother-in-law is getting a discount or comp on his "honeymoon" package for having the wedding there (I'm sure he is), that would just push me over the edge!!!

And yeah, I think if we go to this, it kills any chance of doing the outing. But kicker is, his parents have already said they're not going, and his other sister is on the edge about it as well (this might send her off). So I dont know if we have to be there or not.

I'm leaving it up to the wife. We have the money, but it'll hurt. It's her family, it's her decision, and I'll support her wholeheartedly in whatever she decides.

im thinking this is all a part of your future bro inlaws evil master plan... have as little family at the wedding as possible and the ones that show kick in for the weddings expense... smart guy

I hate people that talk about both sides of their mouth. Lie constantly because they are too busy trying to tell you what you want to hear. Its insulting because you want to believe more in them. But its also insulting because they must believe you have no memory.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

yeah its no fun for either party. Mrs. S_H is a little older then me, 47 to be exact and I know she is having a rough time with it and has for 6-7 months. The mood swings are the worse, like a rollercoaster. Some days I can do no right no matter what I say or do or dont say or do. And God forbid dont ask any kind of question about anything! What I dont get is you know theres an issue and your doctor tells you what it is and gives the medicine that will help you deal with it and you get the medicine from Walgreens but you wont take it! :banghead:

oh well I love her and were together till death do us part. Just dont know if will be by Gods hands or mine! :angel:

Wow 47 that seems really young to get it. I hope she takes the meds and starts to get better I am sure you are both paying the price right now.

I hate people that talk about both sides of their mouth. Lie constantly because they are too busy trying to tell you what you want to hear. Its insulting because you want to believe more in them. But its also insulting because they must believe you have no memory.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I would like to add to this rant. There is something incredibly hurtful about opening your heart to people and just having them stomp all over it. It's one thing to be honest about how you feel but to do just as JB said, talk out of both sides of your mouth, because you try to play everyone is just wrong. It's also wrong to bite the hand that fed you but that is a lesson I guess not everyone has learned yet. Now I know why jews aren't supposed to eat bottom feeders, they really are the scum of the earth. (the last part about jews is a joke and not meant to offend anyone or their religion.)

geez, sounds like there's some bs happening at thp headquarters. sorry to hear about that guys. you live and learn i suppose. i've also learned in my life, experiences, travels that for the most part, people suck!

geez, sounds like there's some bs happening at thp headquarters. sorry to hear about that guys. you live and learn i suppose. i've also learned in my life, experiences, travels that for the most part, people suck!

It's just such a shame because you go out of your way to be helpful, kind, accomodating etc....and people don't care. There are so many self serving people in this world and I guess like you said you live and you learn. It's all good though we are more venting then anything because in reality we don't much care because we know where everyone stands.

It's just such a shame because you go out of your way to be helpful, kind, accomodating etc....and people don't care. There are so many self serving people in this world and I guess like you said you live and you learn. It's all good though we are more venting then anything because in reality we don't much care because we know where everyone stands.

well, vent on sister! at least you do know where everyone stands, that's a luxury that some don't ever have.

well, vent on sister! at least you do know where everyone stands, that's a luxury that some don't ever have.

It really is fine and we probably shouldn't have even put it in the rant thread because like I said we aren't mad so much as hurt but at this point we just don't care.

I think it's more like sister/aunt isn't that how it works?

i never expected to get that from you....LMAO!! Jb's a bad influence.

It really is fine and we probably shouldn't have even put it in the rant thread because like I said we aren't mad so much as hurt but at this point we just don't care.

and having met both of you, that's the part that makes it all the worse for you guys.

i never expected to get that from you....LMAO!! Jb's a bad influence.

and having met both of you, that's the part that makes it all the worse for you guys.

Between watching Soprano's and hanging around JB I am a real bad*** these days haha.

GG I would suggest live and learn.. or inmy NYese... F*** 'em

exactly! I can hear the accent haha.

I've been burned too many times. I pretty much just stick to myself now.

thanks GG, one day at time is how I'm taking it right now...

Wow 47 that seems really young to get it. I hope she takes the meds and starts to get better I am sure you are both paying the price right now.

.)

lol yes Sister Aunt seems right! or Sister Cousin! cue the dueling banjos! :guitar::guitar:

I think it's more like sister/aunt isn't that how it works?

So, I am trying to get the bread flour out of the pantry so I can make pizza dough for pizza tonight and something fell on my head which made me jerk my arm which then cause my elbow to go right into a glass bottle of hot sauce which then crashed and shattered all over the floor. So my head hurts, my elbow hurts, there is glass everyone and the worst of it all is the ever powerful smell of hot sauce that is now ALL over the floor, the pantry, the walls, you name it!

That delayed the dough making which pushes back dinner and then after all that I realize I don't have any pizza sauce :dohanim:

This is by no means a major tragedy or anything but still very frustrating! :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back