Lamkin UTx Grips Review

Has anyone ran into a defect like this on their UTx grips?
I just noticed several of the ones I picked up have similar defects.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1452028412.948319.jpg

View attachment 23156

I haven't noticed anything like that on any of mine.

If its on the underside of the grip you shouldn't even notice it.

View attachment 23156
I have that on almost all of my utx wraps that I have. It's not a problem, just the grip stretching around the shaft. Consider it a stretch mark.

I have that on almost all of my utx wraps that I have. It's not a problem, just the grip stretching around the shaft. Consider it a stretch mark.

It's more of a gauge than a stretch mark that I'm familiar that I have noticed on these grips. It's like someone pulled the cord out of the grip on that section.

It's more of a gauge than a stretch mark that I'm familiar that I have noticed on these grips. It's like someone pulled the cord out of the grip on that section.
Like I said, I have that on several of my grips and have no issue at all. Don't even feel em. I even put some pics in this thread about it when they first showed up, I want to say September 2014? Again, I haven't found them to hinder performance.

+1 here. I'll see if i can snap a picture when i get home of mine. It looks like a cut, but is the grip stretching/stretched.

Just ordered 15 UTx in red for $3.49 each from the lamkin site. Free shipping too.

I am on my third set of UTx grips and I do not recall seeing marks as in the above photo

I will be putting my Special edition masters ones on my clubs this year

I have midsize UTx, midsize wraps, and mega paddle putter grip on my clubs and have not seen the issue discussed. I'll keep an eye out for it though. I am not crazy about the wraps...probably going for another set of midsize over the off-season.

Lamkin UTx Grips Review

+1 here. I'll see if i can snap a picture when i get home of mine. It looks like a cut, but is the grip stretching/stretched.

It's just installed, no stretching or anything. Like I mentioned earlier it's like some one pulled the cord out of the grip leaving a small cavity on the grip.
I just uploaded a better pic (tapatalk has crappy resolution)
What yall see as "stretch marks" is just the cord is exposed.
64434bf1635623c114e96c59b410ef17.jpg

It's just installed, no stretching or anything. Like I mentioned earlier it's like some one pulled the cord out of the grip leaving a small cavity on the grip.

Yeah, that picture is much more clear and tells the story. Yikes. That looks no good. Are you sure you didn't stretch the grip too much? I've never seen that.

Yeah, that picture is much more clear and tells the story. Yikes. That looks no good. Are you sure you didn't stretch the grip too much? I've never seen that.

No stretching involved putting on my grips. Just grip tape and +2 on the lower half (was not installed with an air compressor) and the defect is towards the butt end.
I've already spoken to lamkin and they are sending me replacements for the grips that have that defect.

Yeah that looks like a defect. I get what your saying now with the cord being pulled out.

No stretching involved putting on my grips. Just grip tape and +2 on the lower half (was not installed with an air compressor) and the defect is towards the butt end.
I've already spoken to lamkin and they are sending me replacements for the grips that have that defect.
Totally get what you are talking about now. Definitely what I'd consider to be a defect. Glad Lamkin is taking care of you. A+ stuff.

Wanted to try these since they are on sale, I went through their online fitting and it put me at a "mid size" grip. I've been using standard in the past, should I give the mid size a shot?

Wanted to try these since they are on sale, I went through their online fitting and it put me at a "mid size" grip. I've been using standard in the past, should I give the mid size a shot?

Do you put extra wraps on your standard grips? if so you might be already playing a mid size without intending to. If not, i would head out to your local PGA SS, Golfsmith, etc. & try a mid size they have there and see if its too big.

I picked up a set of these to put on my clubs for the upcoming season. I can't wait to give them a try.

Finally get a chance to play around with these for a while as they're on the latest XR Pros irons I'm gaming, I've always loved the feel, just haven't had a chance to put them through the paces yet!

Lamkin has great customer service. I'm sure they will take care of you promptly!!

Has anyone tried installing the UTx with an air compressor? If so:
Were their any issues with the installation using air?
Have you experienced any slipping or twisting in the butt end once the grip is on the club?
Do you have any tips for using air to install the UTx?

Thanks in advance! I put a black UTx on my driver before I left for South Carolina a couple weeks ago, and I absolutely love it and can't wait to get them on the rest of my clubs!

Has anyone tried installing the UTx with an air compressor? Yes
If so:
Were their any issues with the installation using air? No, none at all - irons wedges were quick, woods were a bit tougher - I think my PSI level was lower than it should be when doing this, I used an inflator vs. the compressor
Have you experienced any slipping or twisting in the butt end once the grip is on the club? Only in my woods, wedges and irons are good.
Do you have any tips for using air to install the UTx?

Thanks in advance! I put a black UTx on my driver before I left for South Carolina a couple weeks ago, and I absolutely love it and can't wait to get them on the rest of my clubs!

See above in red.

Just received an email that Lamkin is running a buy 2 get one free promotion right now.

Just received an email that Lamkin is running a buy 2 get one free promotion right now.

i think this has been on the thp home page for awhile

i watched a guy yesterday take a soaking wet towel, vigorously rub down his utx grip, then take a dry towel and give it one or two rub downs and the grip was perfectly tacky and dry as a bone. these grips really are great.

i think this has been on the thp home page for awhile

i watched a guy yesterday take a soaking wet towel, vigorously rub down his utx grip, then take a dry towel and give it one or two rub downs and the grip was perfectly tacky and dry as a bone. these grips really are great.

Probably missed it as I am normally using Tapatalk.

I think I may take advantage just to stock up on UTx grips as they are my gamers.

Back