TaylorMade SLDR Hybrid Preview

Being as it is adjustable, I am sure it is merely that and the shaft.

Good thoughts. They often have a "TP" setting that sits a touch open, don't they...

Can't wait to hear the early feedback.

Does it seem like TM will focus on the one line in 2014 or sill we maybe see a Stage 3 line and the SLDR line to occupy the higher end and value line?

I like the look from above but the bottom of it looks quite busy with lots of notches and cutouts, usually quite slick looking hybrids but tbh who cares what the bottom of looks like if it performs, could look like a scrotum if it does straight + 25yds :D

As excited about the SLDR 3 wood, I am even more excited about the hybrids. That is what my bag needs the most now. Really interested on the feedback that may come out of this weekend.

Does it seem like TM will focus on the one line in 2014 or sill we maybe see a Stage 3 line and the SLDR line to occupy the higher end and value line?

Hard seeing them ditch the R series

I will hold that thought for a few months.

these look sharp, I personally love my r11 so TM must work hard to get it out of my bag

Solid looking hybo, really like the looks of it.

I have never hit hybrids, always had long irons in my bag, but the trend over the last few years does seem to have moved slightly more towards hybrids so I may just have to bite the bullet and see what all the fuss has been about :golf2:

Good looking Rescue.

Looks good. Same weight concept as the R11 hybrid?

I love my stage 2 hybrids so I'm very curious about these. No speed slot to clean out is a nice step!

That's a sharp looking hybrid right there, and with hitting the big daddy a few weeks ago...should be interesting as well.

I love a good hybrid and this looks great!

Agree with Hawk and like the weighting of the shaft.

Definitely like the looks of this hybrid. I've only had 1 prior experience with a TM hybrid (can't remember the model) but it was a very solid club.

I gotta ask is that slot next to the face something to do with adjusting weight or is it like a speed slot? I've seen it on the FW also but did not see anything to slide around through it.

I definitely like the look of this hybrid.

Definitely like the looks of this hybrid. I've only had 1 prior experience with a TM hybrid (can't remember the model) but it was a very solid club.

I gotta ask is that slot next to the face something to do with adjusting weight or is it like a speed slot? I've seen it on the FW also but did not see anything to slide around through it.

It looks like a speed slot. Aside from the single weight port in the center, there's no weight-adjustment that I see on the club. Certainly nothing comparable to the SLDR driver's weight adjustment. Makes sense. It's one thing to occasionally dropkick the driver, but I wouldn't want to deal with keeping a sliding weight slot clean for something that nominally interacts with the turf like a hybrid.

Little brother to the 3 wood, just like you would expect. Same feeling as with the 3 wood, still bet that's a long and easy club to hit.

Is there any kind of gap between the SLDR badge on the sole and the club itself? That's the place that's probably taken the worst of the wear on the sole of the driver, in terms of dirt and grass getting caught in it. Something similar on the hybrid or fairway woods would be pretty detrimental in terms of how the sole looks long term.

The SLDR line just looks so much better than anything else they have produced in the last 2 years. Hopefully they keep leaning towards this styling!

It's a thinner profile than I expected based on previous TM hybrid offerings, I love the classic color scheme.

I like the look and the shape of this. Looking forward to the reviews.

I have never been much of a hybrid guy but if these feel as good as the SLDR driver (thanks PhillyV) then I am game.

I need to hit this. Soon

Back