Collecting Putters Hypothetical

One putter that holes the most number of putts, whether it's worth $1 or $2,000.

I'd take the handful... Says the guy who is trimming the horde to 2, to make room for more. :D

I'm in the single putter camp these days, but For $2000? I'll take a handful of really nice putters for that money.

I would have multiple. Not sure I could take a $2000 putter outside the house, much less use it on some of the rough greens around here. Also, I like to chutt occasionally and would hate to risk scratching such a valuable club.

I think I would rather have a handful of nice putters for $2000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would go with the one putter for 2K. It would be a gamer to last me years!

I'll take one Circle T built to my specs please.

Good luck if you find a new circle t for 2000 point me in that direction. Although you can get some great used ones for that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

He did say hypothetical. I figured while we were dreaming...

I already answered once stating multiples and based on the price quote I just received for a custom T.P. Mills SoftTail I received this afternoon, that was absolutely the correct answer. 4 custom T.P. Mills flat sticks for $2k.....yes please!

I would definitely go with $2000 in multiple putters.

What is the point in having one $2000 putter that you are afraid to use. Plus, it's much more easy to stomach spending $2000 on putters $20 at a time. I mean, it's exactly what I've done so far... I've been playing for under a year, and up until last week I had over 30 putters. I probably only spent over $60 a piece on 3 of them. I got to try lots of different classic ping styles. I got to see what a Bertinardi was like without spending over $60, granted it was a Mizuno A-01 and an Eminence 5. I bought a nice NC Gambler Flush. I've tried classic cast and modern milled face. I've tried toe hang and face balanced. All kinds of offsets, head weights, and styles. Im on my 3rd SeeMore. I mean, I've got to try a lot of different things in 6 months.

Yea it was a lot of money in the overall picture, probably $600 - $700, but it didn't hurt my wallet when I did it $20 at a time. Plus, since I've traded a fair bit of them, now I'm getting to try a set of forged Callaway irons (my first forged set) and I've now got some Yes! and Odyssey putters to try...all of which I didn't have to pay for, I just traded off the stuff I didn't seem to like.

Anyway...just my 10 cents worth of ramblings.

Good luck if you find a new circle t for 2000 point me in that direction. Although you can get some great used ones for that.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So, I don't always pay attention to Scotty's putters. I just didn't see enough difference from one years model to the next to justify the cost that they bring... But now that I've looked at the Circle T's and the cost associated with them...yea...I really don't see what all the fuss is about. I mean, Bettinardi and Scotty kinda killed it for me when I walked into bigger golf shop, and saw 30 Betti's lined up next to 30 Scotty's next to 10 SeeMore's... It was kinda just like..."Oh, so basically anybody can have one of these, they're no more special than a cheaper club...they just have a bigger price tag."

My new motto since then has been, "Never Pay Full Retail."

Back