Airline Rewards Programs & Deals Thread

Strongly considering the AA card.

Mainly:

1) The new line of credit will actually HELP my score
2) Would give me 2 travel cards to rack up miles on with the 2 I travel the most to events (SW and AA)
3) The free checked bag is nice
4) I could get 100.00 off a November flight I have coming

Any recent thoughts on the AA card? Should I look hard elsewhere?

Annual fee? That's the only thing that kept me from retaining it after the mileage bonus. Checked bag is nice.

For me, SW would be the one I would keep just due to rewards and cost of flights.

Love my aa card and the airline has been the cheapest flight wise for me in both dollars and redemptions for quite some time.

Mainly:

2) Would give me 2 travel cards to rack up miles on with the 2 I travel the most to events (SW and AA)

Solid card. I use the SW almost exclusively since all my travel is with them, but have people at work using the AA one

I have not been a fan of AA so it's hard for me to get their card. But it does seem to give a quite a bit in return

Annual fee? That's the only thing that kept me from retaining it after the mileage bonus. Checked bag is nice.

For me, SW would be the one I would keep just due to rewards and cost of flights.

Yeah, there's that fee, but if I use it a lot, its a drop in the bucket of the big picture, ya know?

Plus, SW is getting expensive out of OKC/TUL, hell for my November flight AA is 270.00 cheaper.

Love my aa card and the airline has been the cheapest flight wise for me in both dollars and redemptions for quite some time.

Yeah, the Doc and I flew AA part of the WDW trip bc it was exponentially cheaper, which is crazy bc SW has always been our go to.

Solid card. I use the SW almost exclusively since all my travel is with them, but have people at work using the AA one

I wish OKC/TUL was a hub for something other than meth. LOL

I have not been a fan of AA so it's hard for me to get their card. But it does seem to give a quite a bit in return

Yeah, not my favorite, but at least I'm not cattle on AA like SW hahahaha

Aa has been cheaper for me than sw for just about every flight I look at. Not bad to have two options, especially if one is not going to be flying enough for status. Annual fee is no biggie with savings and such.

Mainly:

Literally just got mine. Deal they had running was 35k miles and 2 admiral passes if I spend 1500 in 3 months.

For those that fly Southwest, they are having their 72 hour sale right now.

For those that fly Southwest, they are having their 72 hour sale right now.

yeah I saw that yesterday and as usual it does me no good, the ol $99 trick is valid for like 3 random days in Dec

And Pre-Check approved.
KTN is in place on each of my 8 upcoming flights.

And Pre-Check approved.
KTN is in place on each of my 8 upcoming flights.

Cant beat that, I have a few trips I have to make for work next year, was hoping it would be enough to make them pay for pre-check but not looking good

Cant beat that, I have a few trips I have to make for work next year, was hoping it would be enough to make them pay for pre-check but not looking good

$85 for 5 years, the way I looked at it for Morgan was even 2 flights a year at $15 a year is worth it. When I get in line, if someone offered me $10 to go to the front I would probably give that to them. :D

$85 for 5 years, the way I looked at it for Morgan was even 2 flights a year at $15 a year is worth it. When I get in line, if someone offered me $10 to go to the front I would probably give that to them. :D

It's worth it just to bypass the security line at MCO.

So many. I dot. Use McO often, but O'Hare comes to mind.

I'm not sure if it's an every time thing, but since I got my KTN, everyone on my itinerary got Pre Check for both legs of the flight on my last two trips. Once was a coworker and the other was Nicole.

I clock about 90k-120k miles in the air a year and having a KTN or in my case Global Entry is a must. For those that are international hoppers like me, Global Entry is now eligible to apply for the UK Registered Traveler service. Which is their version of Global Entry. Food for thought if you travel to the UK a lot...

http://www.gov.uk/registered-traveller.

Membership in Registered Traveller include the following benefits:
· Access to ePassport gates at airports across the country
· Use of the UK / European Union queue at airports across the country
· A dedicated Registered Traveller lane at Gatwick Airport
· Not needing to complete a landing card on arrival to the UK
· No credibility interview with a Border Force officer.

Global Entry has been the best travel decision I have made in the last few years. $100 for no lines at customs and automatic enrollment in TSA pre-check. Can't be beat. And I think it's good forever (or maybe 10 years)

I haven't done pre check yet mostly because with the clients I have I end up at small airports (see Monroe the week) and they don't offer pre check. For those who fly into big places it's a no brainier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't done pre check yet mostly because with the clients I have I end up at small airports (see Monroe the week) and they don't offer pre check. For those who fly into big places it's a no brainier

Think DFW and some of the worst security lines ever.

Lord have mercy it's Terrible there. Love Field ftw. Honestly I don't think I've ever waited more than 15 minutes there.

Kansas City is one of the easiest for me so I'm glad we are headquartered here, but the only times I am going into big airports it's just to connect. These are my most recent airports I have actually had to go through security for:
Kansas City
Monroe
Moline IA
Durango Co
Tucson

Not exactly huge airports

Lord have mercy it's Terrible there. Love Field ftw. Honestly I don't think I've ever waited more than 15 minutes there.

Kansas City is one of the easiest for me so I'm glad we are headquartered here, but the only times I am going into big airports it's just to connect. These are my most recent airports I have actually had to go through security for:
Kansas City
Monroe
Moline IA
Durango Co
Tucson

Not exactly huge airports

I know it sounds trivial, but not having to remove your shoes, laptop, and liquids as well from your bag is worth some of the cost.

Honestly, Orlando was WAY worse than DFW. At least the few times I have been there, including recently.

Honestly, Orlando was WAY worse than DFW. At least the few times I have been there, including recently.

I concur. Orlando is horrible, one of the worst I have dealt with over the years. DFW in general sucks because of the limited TSA Pre lines and their locations.

Back