What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played in my first tournament post Sternotomy and since being diagnosed with Cancer. After 5 rounds of chemo and feeling fatigued, I was able to pull out a 2nd place finish. I shot an 81. Left some strokes on the course, but all in all, had a good round.
WOW, congrats to you man.

Had a PR today and hit 74. My previous best was a 78. I dont think Ive ever hit the ball so well and where i wanted . Now if I can just get this putting thing down.

Shot a 95 yesterday and felt great about it. I finally put all the pieces together for a round. One blow up hole each 9 and if not for that would have been my best round ever. I am still struggling with my 7 iron, it used to be my go to club and now I can't seem to figure it out. Playing again today can't eat

Sent from my rooted Tbolt

Well, after yesterday's 76, the "real" me showed up today...still not horrible

8 pars
4 bogeys
6 doubles

7/13 fairways
5 GIR
36 putts

45/43=88

The big thing today was the GAIR that yesterday I chipped up or putted from the fringe and made tap in pars...today I blade a chip over the green, chunk a chip and 2 putt for double....what a difference a day makes.

Somebody told me that most amateur golfers can shoot ten strokes either side of their handicap on any given day.. So I guess yesterday was my ten strokes under day...lol

I shot an 86 today at Legacy Golf Links, tied my best round of the year!!! I am starting to really get the feel of my new G20 driver!!!! Played 3 rounds this weekend 90,90 and 86 my game is starting to finally come around and I hope I can keep this up. I also play with the Callaway Chrome Yellow today for the first time and seemed like a pretty good ball even though I had a few drives balloon on me but I am still liking the ball so far. I haven't been able to judge the spin yet because the greens were hard but they were putting really nice!!!

42 on the front 9 at my home course. Really kind of pissed about it - seriously deserved a better score with how I hit the ball. Water hazard that shouldn't have happened and a sprinkler head resulting in an unplayable= not happy. Especially with 2 birdies on two par 3's.

Not very well, ended up shooting 88 lol. Played the back side for only the 2nd time this year which is windier and longer than the front with trickier greens. Shot 47 on the back with one birdie and also a 8 and a 7 lol, shot 41 on the front with 2 birdies. It was blowing about 30mph today with gust to who knows what. Saw some crazy ball flights today with this wind.

Yeah, I hate this game! Just joking, I just hate playing the way I played this weekend. 100 today, and a 99 on Sat, I just fell apart started both days out pretty well. Today I was even after 4 with a double on the first hole, Sat I started off plus two after 6. I did how ever sink a 25 plus for birdie. That's what keeps me going.

yea I was there I doesn't look like you added the so called practice swing (hitting the ball), but good game I'll get you next weekend.

Not a great 92 today. Played with my friend George for the first time (after talking about it forever). He shot a 76. Really cool to play with someone so much better!

77. Bet $5.00 across the board on my team, but my Calcutta partners didn't hold up their end of the donkey. I did get $8.00 back on $18.00 worth of bets on other teams, so it was not a profitable day.

Kevin

Shot a 91.. Best round of life by 10 strokes!! Felt so good even got a birdie :$

Sent from my iPhone

Nice shooting, jj!

Not a great weekend for me. Saturday I shot an 85 and Sunday an 83.

Shot a 90 today. Lousy score but a little perspective helps.

I took a quintuple bogey 10. That happened because of a mistake that made me mad and I wouldn't just take the safe shot. +5 there.

I birdied 17 and 18. I had 63 left on the 415 yard par 4 18th. I drove it through the green on a 285 yard par 4.

I only had 13 putts on the back nine.

It was a lousy score no doubt, but I had a lot of good to take away from today. I feel like a few tweaks and I'll be posting in the breaking 80 club regularly.

Out in 40 and came home in 34 thanks to a closing eagle on 18. Really happy with a 74!

That is a great round.

Fourth or fifth time in a row I have shot a 91. 44 and 47, missed 7 putts from three feet and exploded on the last two holes.

Thanks motoo. Shot even par on the front nine on Friday too but blew up on the back and wound up with 78. Fickle game we play.

87. Bad bad day on and around the greens.

Thanks motoo. Shot even par on the front nine on Friday too but blew up on the back and wound up with 78. Fickle game we play.

Indeed, I would like to blow up for a 78 :act-up: Perhaps one day, I've been figuring out my swing issues but actually fixing them has been difficult and there is putting...ugh putting.

Played in my first tournament post Sternotomy and since being diagnosed with Cancer. After 5 rounds of chemo and feeling fatigued, I was able to pull out a 2nd place finish. I shot an 81. Left some strokes on the course, but all in all, had a good round.

Inspiring. Please keep us updated!

yea I was there I doesn't look like you added the so called practice swing (hitting the ball), but good game I'll get you next weekend.

What about the one on the 18th that "fell off the tee"?

Out in 40 and came home in 34 thanks to a closing eagle on 18. Really happy with a 74!

Very nice! Strong finish. Is 18 a par 5? or 4? Either way, very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back