Brag about your kid, grandkids, or whatever

pjcedog

Reaction score
Handicap
I have to brag about my kid once in a while. He is going to be auditioning to play with the Greater Dallas Youth Orchestra this year. If he is accepted he will rehearse and perform on stage with the youth orchestra and with the Dallas Symphony at selected events throughout the year. It is a big deal and a step towards being a professional musician. I will let you know how he does. At 13 he will be one of the younger kids out there, most of the competition will be high schoolers with a lot of awards under their belts.

I wish him luck :)

I have to brag about my kid once in a while. He is going to be auditioning to play with the Greater Dallas Youth Orchestra this year. If he is accepted he will rehearse and perform on stage with the youth orchestra and with the Dallas Symphony at selected events throughout the year. It is a big deal and a step towards being a professional musician. I will let you know how he does. At 13 he will be one of the younger kids out there, most of the competition will be high schoolers with a lot of awards under their belts.

Very cool--what does he play?

(We have a sixth grade orchestra concert tonight, and I'm not really looking forward to it.)

Very cool--what does he play?

(We have a sixth grade orchestra concert tonight, and I'm not really looking forward to it.)

French horn. He also plays guitar, if he were a little older I would let him play for money. At 13 I don't want him around that crowd yet. Thanks for asking.

That is so cool that he is playing and competing for a spot in the symphony. I wish him the best of luck and hopes he has fun. Playing in a symphony is something very few get much less want.

Very cool pjcedog! Congrats. He must really be talented. Keep us updated.

French horn. He also plays guitar, if he were a little older I would let him play for money. At 13 I don't want him around that crowd yet. Thanks for asking.

The French Horn? That is very impressive :good:

That is so cool that he is playing and competing for a spot in the symphony. I wish him the best of luck and hopes he has fun. Playing in a symphony is something very few get much less want.

Not sure I follow you here, 'few get much less want' I don't know what you are trying to say here exactly.

Boo Girl gave us our Valentine's gift, a few days late. She'd made us a coupon book, full of chores we can ask her to do. I guess she's seen some coupon books before, because most of them had time restrictions (weekend only is the big one), limits on how often they could be redeemed, expirations dates, and the like. It was both funny and sweet.

Boo Girl gave us our Valentine's gift, a few days late. She'd made us a coupon book, full of chores we can ask her to do. I guess she's seen some coupon books before, because most of them had time restrictions (weekend only is the big one), limits on how often they could be redeemed, expirations dates, and the like. It was both funny and sweet.

Is there a floor mopping coupon in there I can borrow? My floors need it bad with all the snow and salt grime on them. Stupid winter. I guess I would need to borrow Boo to if I was going to use that coupon. I'm not sure my wife would accept the coupon.

Boo is such a sweetheart.

Since mini-sacul is only 7 months old, I guess his biggest acomplishments so far have been rolling over and sitting up. I dont like to brag about him to people face to face, but he did start sleeping through the night at 6 weeks, and he's the happiest baby you've ever seen. I simply walk in the room and he starts giggling (insert funny looking jokes here). If anyone gives him a big smile, he'll laugh back at you, with his little tummy rolling up and down! Hilarious!

Since mini-sacul is only 7 months old, I guess his biggest acomplishments so far have been rolling over and sitting up. I dont like to brag about him to people face to face, but he did start sleeping through the night at 6 weeks, and he's the happiest baby you've ever seen. I simply walk in the room and he starts giggling (insert funny looking jokes here). If anyone gives him a big smile, he'll laugh back at you, with his little tummy rolling up and down! Hilarious!

Sleeping through the night is HUGE!!! Congrats to you :D

I made one of those for my parents as well when I was younger, thank god all of them didn't get redeemed. They found the book again the other day, and stupid me: I didn't put an expiration date on the coupons!!!

Sleeping through the night is HUGE!!! Congrats to you :D

I know, that's why I dont like to brag to people. I work with a bunch of people with infants, hear all the stories, and thank God every day! But I know He'll get back at us with our next!!!

Cool--this is the time to take that nekkid baby on the bearskin rug photo. And post it.

Back