The dealership where I work has two of these GEM carts. They will go about 22 mph and we have them tagged up for street use. They are fun to drive, and it would be nice to have a two seater with the club holders, or a lifted one sort of like VA. Vince has in his pick above.

g8e4angle.jpg

Can't wait to see what you plan to do with the new cart JB, I'm sure it will look sweet. Are you going to start trailering it to THP Events, that could be fun!

Dang that is cool. I hope to take a ride in that thing one day soon.

THP is now the owner of a new golf cart.
We went with the EZ GO and had some changes made including having it dialed up a bit to go 22 mph.
The place we are getting it from also does all custom carts, so we have some ideas for alterations down the road.
It gets delivered in 2 days.

Can't wait to see pictures !!!

We went with the EZ GO and had some changes made including having it dialed up a bit to go 22 mph.
The place we are getting it from also does all custom carts, so we have some ideas for alterations down the road.

Congrats on the new purchase!! Sounds cool!

Sounds like a nice new ride for the two of you. Can't wait to see the finished product knowing how well THP does custom alterations.

The dealership where I work has two of these GEM carts. They will go about 22 mph and we have them tagged up for street use. They are fun to drive, and it would be nice to have a two seater with the club holders, or a lifted one sort of like VA. Vince has in his pick above.

g8e4angle.jpg

Can't wait to see what you plan to do with the new cart JB, I'm sure it will look sweet. Are you going to start trailering it to THP Events, that could be fun!

We stayed at a resort at Texhoma that had a couple of these for sale.............

I own a Yamaha electric cart. This little beauty right here...
d099911d-f63b-4d22-93d1-53e09bf87fdd_zpseb70b6a3.jpg

When I ordered it, I added the speed chip to get an extra 3 or 4 miles an hour out of it and glad I did.
We live in a golf course community, so it's a quick run with the cart from the garage to either of the 2 courses down the street.
I also had headlights and tail lights installed, but no brake lights so it's not street legal.
The cops in this town don't mind the carts driving around as long as you don't act like a fool.
I don't have brand loyalty, but I do wish this one had the storage that some of the Club Car models have.
I ordered this one from Knight Rides in Opelika, Alabama. I gave the local dealer all the chances in the world to sell me one, but he refused to touch the price.
Even with including the shipping costs all the way to Spokane, Washington, the guys at Knight Rides beat the local guy by just under $2000. (trailer bought local)
It was fedex'd in 6 days without a scratch. Doug was a great guy to work with on the phone.

Wow....I missed this somehow....Congrats JB !

Golf Carts

THP owns a golf cart... That's awesome, it's the mini tour van! It would be cool to make it look like the tour van, somewhat. Not make windows or anything but maybe same color wrap and logos. JB, that would be sweet. If I got one, I would have to frog it up. Ha ha no way I could not do it if I got one.

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

I'm a Cushman kind of guy. I want the real deal to haul around everything besides my clubs.

My grandfather had a gas powered Yamaha which my brother and I could not kill.

Ez go is a solid solid brand. That'll be a lot of fun for you guys.

Also, pay no attention to the ez go cart key on my key chain :alien:

I have no preference but really have never paid that much attention. Going to have to look a little bit more now.

I own a 2005 ezgo bought used that has given me no problems although I did just replace the charger($295). Replaced the front window with a foldable one but thats the only mod. Solid workhorse cart.

yhynehav.jpg

5usy4e8a.jpg

me5yte2e.jpg

Sweet! Wrap time. :)

slappin on the decals!

cant wait to see the finished product

Solid start. I want a golf cart. Can you get them 4x4 for the snow?

I don't have a brand preference, but there are features I would consider mandatory if I were buying.

1. Windshield (the type that folds down)
2. Roof
3. Canopy that can be pulled down over the clubs in rain
4. I want to have a button to shift from D to N to R. I do NOT want to have to turn the key to engage various gears.

My dad's buddy just bought a gorgeous golf cart. One feature he has is that it is 48V instead of 24, which is very nice.

Congrats on the new ride. Time to take that thing to Xzibit.

Erky,
Most of the newer models you will find are 48V.

Lift kit and alloys!!!

Nice looking ride, JB!
I've got a 2008 EZGO that I've had for 3 or 4 years now and I have no complaints. My cart is a gas cart because I generally go 3 or 4 months (start of deer season till warmer weather arrives) without hitting the course and I figured sitting up that long would be pretty hard on an electric cart.
Unfortunately, all I've had the chance to do to my cart is custom seatcovers, a radio and tweaked the governor. Once my little girl and now plans to build a house came along, the golf cart budget disappeared! Of course I do still want to add some diamond plate goodies and some led lights to it one of these days.

Good luck with your cart and happy customizing!

THP rides! Golf cart...that's great. Is the cart going to tag along with the van to events?

Haha, that's awesome!

Needs a name!

Back