Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

Interested in those who were fitted at StaffProto event. When you were fitted for length, what were the parameters that were used? My height is 5'8" and my wrist to floor is 32.5". If you go by fitting charts, it recommends -0.5". The 7-iron length on C200s is 37.5" which is rather long for all manufacturers. Not sure if I just want to whack off 0.5" before knowing how the fitters determined when you needed a shorter length. Thanks

We did use the wrist to floor measurement to start my fitting, along with the lie board and impact tape.

I would get a proper fitting before you buy any clubs.

Agree with the guys. I measure to standard length but I'm up a half inch because it gave better contact and ball flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interested in those who were fitted at StaffProto event. When you were fitted for length, what were the parameters that were used? My height is 5'8" and my wrist to floor is 32.5". If you go by fitting charts, it recommends -0.5". The 7-iron length on C200s is 37.5" which is rather long for all manufacturers. Not sure if I just want to whack off 0.5" before knowing how the fitters determined when you needed a shorter length. Thanks

I'm about the same height and they had me a standard across the board with R flex graphite.

Thanks guys, cannot find anyone that will carry the C200s in Pittsburgh. Being a leftie doesn't help either! Might have to drive to Akron Golfsmith or wait for the golf show here.

Thanks guys, cannot find anyone that will carry the C200s in Pittsburgh. Being a leftie doesn't help either! Might have to drive to Akron Golfsmith or wait for the golf show here.

Being a lefty makes things extremely difficult... just ask CMedina!

Are the Aldila graphite shafts pretty much regular flex is for 90-100 mph SS and stiff is for 100+ mph? I am a stiff flex in the KBS Tour V and the Project X PXv but I am thinking for the Rogue's I would easily be a regular flex.

Hit these finally today. Unfortunately they did not have the graphite shafts but I still really liked them. My 7 iron is usually my 150 club and I was getting a solid 160-165 on most strikes.
Have to admit the slots on the top caught my attention early but after a couple shots I could care less. Really want to hit these with the graphite shafts.

Are the Aldila graphite shafts pretty much regular flex is for 90-100 mph SS and stiff is for 100+ mph? I am a stiff flex in the KBS Tour V and the Project X PXv but I am thinking for the Rogue's I would easily be a regular flex.

I think your transition is more of a factor than your swing speed.

Hit these finally today. Unfortunately they did not have the graphite shafts but I still really liked them. My 7 iron is usually my 150 club and I was getting a solid 160-165 on most strikes.
Have to admit the slots on the top caught my attention early but after a couple shots I could care less. Really want to hit these with the graphite shafts.

Wow thats some impressive gains

Stopped by my buddy's shop today for some sim time. Guess who got himself a Wilson account. Looking forward to the lineup being in his shop very shortly.

Stopped by my buddy's shop today for some sim time. Guess who got himself a Wilson account. Looking forward to the lineup being in his shop very shortly.

Well done. The C200's are special.

I know I posted in here today, but on my way back from a recruiting trip I stopped at a different golfsmith to hit these again to see if my numbers were a fluke. After a little warmup, these things were awesome again. Far outperformed the other irons I was hitting. Now I just have to find a demo with a graphite shaft.

Winning golfer's hearts and minds, one shop at a time. :D

I know I posted in here today, but on my way back from a recruiting trip I stopped at a different golfsmith to hit these again to see if my numbers were a fluke. After a little warmup, these things were awesome again. Far outperformed the other irons I was hitting. Now I just have to find a demo with a graphite shaft.

It sounds to me like a purchase is near

If I might indulge my inner Dick Vitale:

"They're awesome, baby!"

It sounds to me like a purchase is near
Yea. Only a matter of time. Beyond a ponder right now.

If I might indulge my inner Dick Vitale:

"They're awesome, baby!"

The hype is legit. These clubs are the real deal.

Really excited to see the love for the C200's continue. As for me, they played well yesterday, despite the cold temps. They're the crossover line, so they can be paired with their the feel woods/hybrid line (F5) or distance woods/hybrid line (D200). I grabbed a D200 4H and was stunned at how awesome it was. I know this isn't the thread to discuss the D200's, but if you go "all in" on W/S, look at the F5 and D200 lines to round out the top of your bag.

Really excited to see the love for the C200's continue. As for me, they played well yesterday, despite the cold temps. They're the crossover line, so they can be paired with their the feel woods/hybrid line (F5) or distance woods/hybrid line (D200). I grabbed a D200 4H and was stunned at how awesome it was. I know this isn't the thread to discuss the D200's, but if you go "all in" on W/S, look at the F5 and D200 lines to round out the top of your bag.

And don't forget the PMP (daddy) wedges at the short end.

And don't forget the PMP (daddy) wedges at the short end.
Yes, they're great wedges at a great price. And then there is the Infinite line of putters, and the Duo line of balls. W/S really does have the game covered from top to bottom!

I was curious if any of the testers were starting to have any different opinions on these - like maybe the honeymoon phase was wearing off, but it appears that's not the case. You guys still have me really excited for these. Hoping my local shop gets them in soon.

I was curious if any of the testers were starting to have any different opinions on these - like maybe the honeymoon phase was wearing off, but it appears that's not the case. You guys still have me really excited for these. Hoping my local shop gets them in soon.

I'll be honest. The irons are impressive but I didn't see the gains others are stating they see. My side by side review comparison showed they were a tad shorter but tighter in dispersion with the short irons and 5-10 yards shorter and slightly wider dispersion on the longer irons.

One of the guys is sending me a steel shaft because I was fit to graphite. I'm going to do a side by side from graphite to steel to see if that may help me flight the ball down because these clubs do send them high, just a little too high for my preference. However, the explosive feel of these combined with the Duo/Duo Spin golf balls is addicting. The GW is a great club that is versatile. The weight, size, and feel of the GW is great. It'd be a hard club to part from.

Overall, these clubs were very close to my current irons (Taylormade RSi 1) which tells me Wilson Staff is on the move, serious, and able to compete with other brands. If anyone is skeptical they at least owe it to themselves to make sure they include these irons in their trials when shopping for new irons.

In all honesty... I enjoyed the irons, but I was much more comfortable with my CB3's. I was way more consistent with them and I am about scoring. I will admit, maybe I have not given them the fair trial period, but I was struggling with them.

Now, that does not mean they are bad irons, they just did not work perfectly for me. I am not a big tinkerer and I hate struggling with one aspect of my game.

They launch the ball high, look great and they feel exceptional. I just had a case of the really bad lefts with them and I saw a touch of ballooning. Granted, that is quite possibly all due to swing flaws, but the results I got when comparing to my CB3's were just not good enough for them to kick the CB3's out of the bag. I think Wilson Staff has a true hit on their hands with these clubs, but like everything in golf, not all clubs work for all people.

For me, the honeymoon looks to be turning into a long, happy marriage. I'm working the rest of my bag around these irons and my previous set Cleveland 588 MT's are in the backup bag for friends and family to use while they're in town. I'm longer, higher, and more accurate with these irons and I've already shot my two best rounds with these in the bag (in less than optimal temperatures). I can only imagine what I'll see when I get these irons out in warmer weather.

Wilson Staff C200 Irons Review Thread

Honestly every time I pick up one of my C200's I'm reminded of how awesome they feel. These are not leaving my bag.

Back