Callaway SuperHot 55 Golf Ball Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
New ball released from Callaway today and here are the details.

The new Superhot 55 Golf Ball is super long, super straight, and has a low 55 compression to give you incredibly soft feel. Our proven aerodynamics promote low drag and optimal lift for a strong flight that keeps the ball in the air longer, so you get more distance from tee-to-green. The soft mantle layer and cover system work to lower spin for reduced hooks and slices so your shots fly straight. And it lets you compress the ball with soft feel.

Price - $27.99

Superhot-55-2016.jpg

There's my ball....I'll have to hit this one. I was hoping Callaway would come out with a low-spin ball too. I've always been a fan of all of their balls, but the high spin balls just don't work for me, so this is right in my wheelhouse.

Did any of the Grandaddy team get to hit this one as well as the new Chrome Soft?

I like soft....if this has anything decent green side with spin then it could be a great option for me.

Same for me #Cookie. With some check, this could be a winner.

JM

I agree, there needs to be some short game benefits but other than that it sounds great.

If this thing even has just the tiniest bit of spin around the green vs. the SuperSoft, I'm definitely going to have to try it out.

Interesting name, but the Supersoft last year was pretty popular, so hopefully another great offering from Callaway.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Soft has been fun with some other golf balls. I haven't really played the supersoft so won't be able to compare and I like what callaway is doing with the chromesoft so will be interested in what others say about this.

Good to see another option in the soft distance category.

It will need to have obvious benefits on the course over the current crop of $20 soft/distance balls to be worth the $8 premium.

This probably won't work for me in general, HOWEVER, it very well could be a great late/early season cold weather ball for me! I'd be willing to give it a go and see how it performs.

Most other balls in this same category claiming the same things are $7 cheaper per dozen. Not sure why. What is so much better about this ball?

Callaway SuperHot 55 Golf Ball Thread

Most other balls in this same category claiming the same things are $7 cheaper per dozen. Not sure why. What is so much better about this ball?

Is that the case? I know many two piece balls that are in The 19.99 range, but I thought most 3 piece were closer to $25 or so. Heck I know the nxt tour is even more.

The Super Soft is still in that range though

I hear you. But when I read the part about the ball being straight I see this as going head to head against Bridgestone's e6, which is in that price range.

I love everything I have read about this ball and I am looking forward to giving it a shot

Looks to be something to compete with the Bridgestone e6. Comparable price point and construction. I always liked the Hex Hot Pro, and found the Supersoft to be too squishy for me. Might have to give this a try. Only thing is the Top Flite Gamer Soft would seem to have a pretty similar construction at a lower price, so it really comes down to whether the 55 or the Gamer Soft stops better around the greens.

Wonder how these are with spin off the wedges?

I think the price point is right on though for a 3piece ball.

I've gamed the soft and supersoft last year. Didn't spend enough quality time with the super soft to get a good judge on them though but the felt considerably softer than my usual 330 regiment of balls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I didn't play last year's Superhot but I picked up a few of the prior generation X2Hot+ and actually quite liked them - good distance, straight flight and didn't feel like hitting a rock. And for a ball primarily billed as a distance ball, spin on approaches and around the green wasn't bad. I'd be interested in giving these a shot.

Great timing, especially with the cold finally hitting the mid-atlantic! Sounds like a great winter ball.

I like soft, interested to try these.

What was the compression on last year's SuperHot ?

Seems like a perfect fit....I play the E6 alot..this seems comparable, will have to give it a try

Hmm, I liked last years superhot this could be right up my alley. Will have to give these a try.

So am I right to kind of compare it to Titleist like this?

ProV1 - Chromesoft
NXT - this ball
DT Solo - Supersoft

This is simplifying it quite a bit, especially when you compare compression ratings across both brands. Just when looking at what ball Callaway is targeting to replace from the market leader that would be my uneducated guess.

In lay person terms you could compare them that way. At least as far as layers and cover material goes.

Back