Thats a cool video. I always wondered about it so did read up on it quite a while ago. Our greens are not stimp metered so ive never seen it done in person.

very good info, now the guys from New England can have an excuse when NY/NJ beats them on the putting greens......sorry, just can not stop thinking about the rivalry and how much fun it will be!!!!!!

I knew how it worked but I always thought Pelz was involved with the Stimpmeter somehow.

So the guy measured it at 9.5'. I assume it means that the stimpmeter reading would be a 9.5?

At least I now know what they're doing in photos like these!

So the guy measured it at 9.5'. I assume it means that the stimpmeter reading would be a 9.5?

Yes. And that would be about right for most players these days. Although one country club in our area goes 13 - 14 in the summer. Brutal.

Very interesting. I have always wondered how the Stimpmeter actually worked, or what it even looked like... and just never thought to go look it up. Thanks for the post!

This is very interesting. Always seem to hear about this right when the US Open is about a week away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can reverse engineer the stimp using the older aimpoint and watch how far a ball breaks assuming you can guess the angle of the slope fairly well.

Back