Callaway Razr X Black 3 wood

This club is becoming a serious candidate for the MVP of my bag (along with my Callaway MB's). I have taken to using it off the tee on 4 holes at my home course and am scoring exceptionally well because of this club. It gives me a repeatable feeling at contact and while swinging. It is forgiving and VERY long. Any questions, please feel free to ask. If you are in the market for a fairway, you'd be crazy not to at least demo this club.

This club is becoming a serious candidate for the MVP of my bag (along with my Callaway MB's). I have taken to using it off the tee on 4 holes at my home course and am scoring exceptionally well because of this club. It gives me a repeatable feeling at contact and while swinging. It is forgiving and VERY long. Any questions, please feel free to ask. If you are in the market for a fairway, you'd be crazy not to at least demo this club.

Good to see its still working for you. I look forward to hearing about your epic 3 wood shot to seal the Morgan Cup W!

Good to see its still working for you. I look forward to hearing about your epic 3 wood shot to seal the Morgan Cup W!

Hhahahahaa. Thanks man. It just may happen :act-up:

I am honestly not sure if there is much difference between this club and the Razr X 3W, but I can relate to what you are saying about MVP caliber club. I have used mine for about 25 holes and I am hitting an incredibly high amount of greens and getting awesome distance from it. An exceptional club for sure!!!

I am honestly not sure if there is much difference between this club and the Razr X 3W, but I can relate to what you are saying about MVP caliber club. I have used mine for about 25 holes and I am hitting an incredibly high amount of greens and getting awesome distance from it. An exceptional club for sure!!!

Great to hear man!! I bet they are similar. They just seem to "get it" with fairway woods.

I put my Steelhead Plus in the bag of clubs I dont use no more and bought the RAZRX Black 3w. This thing is awesome. I hit it 20 yards further than my Steelhead Plus. It even feels better and solid. I thought I can't part with my Steelhead Plus but I think I found a new and improved 3w that will stay in my bag for quite sometime. If your looking for fairway woods give these RAZR X Blacks a try, I highly recommend it.

I agree with x above, I hit both the fit and the razr x black and for me the shaft was a better fit on the razr x. I was much more consistent with the razr x black and it just felt better. I also recommend this 3w!

Couple of quick points:

1) If I could hit a 3 wood 265 yards and hit fairways, then I'd never use a driver. I'm not doubting you, but that's a skill level that I can only dream of. Congrats!

2) I would second the opinion that a back up tee club is a valuable thing. I'm not a long hitter, but I'm willing to give up 10% of my distance to split fairways. The driver can still come out on wide open holes. I think more people would benefit score wise from this approach.

3) I think Callaway makes good, if a bit under appreciated, fairway woods. I had a Diablo Octane that was one of the better all around (balance of length, ease of hitting, straightness, etc.) FWs that I've personally played. I think the X Black is the next gen Diablo Octane.

Couple of quick points:

1) If I could hit a 3 wood 265 yards and hit fairways, then I'd never use a driver. I'm not doubting you, but that's a skill level that I can only dream of. Congrats!

2) I would second the opinion that a back up tee club is a valuable thing. I'm not a long hitter, but I'm willing to give up 10% of my distance to split fairways. The driver can still come out on wide open holes. I think more people would benefit score wise from this approach.

3) I think Callaway makes good, if a bit under appreciated, fairway woods. I had a Diablo Octane that was one of the better all around (balance of length, ease of hitting, straightness, etc.) FWs that I've personally played. I think the X Black is the next gen Diablo Octane.

Good points dude. I agree with the comments entirely. My problem is my style of play is aggressive. When I hold back, I get in trouble. And truthfully I hit my driver near 3 bills pretty consistently as you'll see when they put up video from the MC.2. At the MC 2, it was my club to go for long par 5's in two and off the tee once or twice. I needed to take advantage of my distance off the tee.

Good points dude. I agree with the comments entirely. My problem is my style of play is aggressive. When I hold back, I get in trouble. And truthfully I hit my driver near 3 bills pretty consistently as you'll see when they put up video from the MC.2. At the MC 2, it was my club to go for long par 5's in two and off the tee once or twice. I needed to take advantage of my distance off the tee.

Dude, you were smacking the ball around. It was fun to watch.

wickedcool, do you have the Razr X Black Driver as well? Whats your review on it?

I have been using my Razr X Black 3 wood off the tee more often. I'm finding I get the perfect launch and insane distance. It's great have confidence standing over a ball be it off the tee or on the fairway.

I have always struggled to hit woods off the deck but now i'm so confident in these woods i'm taking on par 5's that i would never have taken on

I have been using my Razr X Black 3 wood off the tee more often. I'm finding I get the perfect launch and insane distance. It's great have confidence standing over a ball be it off the tee or on the fairway.

I have always struggled to hit woods off the deck but now i'm so confident in these woods i'm taking on par 5's that i would never have taken on

It really is amazing how much confidence they inspire. I feel the same way man.

I'm bringing this thread back as I've added the 4w to my bag. On a whim I picked it up this morning before a round with a couple fellow THPers. This thing is an absolute beast! I was hitting it very well with a couple in the 240 range. Midway through I sat the driver down and stuck with the RAZR X Black. I could not be happier with this club!

I've been looking for a new 3W. I'm going to have to try this club out.
Rocket Launcher terminology from earlier in the thread is tempting!

Had the Razr X Black 3w for about a month now! Been very consistent off the tee and off the turf. This is my go to club for 215 to 235 yards. Rolled it about 240 yards a few times too. This club just feels so sweet on impact! I put my Steelhead Plus in the closet in place of this and i'm happy with it.

I've been looking for a new 3W. I'm going to have to try this club out.
Rocket Launcher terminology from earlier in the thread is tempting!

Then you should def put these woods in the mix, you won't be dissapointed

I hit the range tonight with my new Callaway RazrX Black 4 Wood. I brought this to replace my RBZ 3 wood which I have always struggled with off the deck and found to long off the the tee against my driver.

So I arrived at the range with no expectations of the club at all despite the fact I have actually hit it before albeit sometime ago. Ideally I wanted the 4 wood to be easy to hit off the deck as well as giving me a towering ball flight off the tee, as my local "home" course has a couple of holes where getting the ball airborne quickly off the tee is vital otherwise you have play to the side and then go down the fairway.

After warming up with some wedges and irons, i reached into my bag for the 4 wood. I opted to start with hitting balls straight off the mat to see how the club would work out on the fairway. Immediatley right from the off BOOM! a tall, straight ball flight heading out to the 220 flag - bear in mind we are working with range balls in 2*c temperatures here - damn pleased with that was my first thought. I hit 4 or 5 more just to make sure the first one wasn't a fluke, and continued to hit similar shots time after time - I can very easily see this becoming my go to club from long range on the fairway.

With the positive result from the mat, I setup myself up on a tee hoping and praying that the ball would disappear into the moonlight. My first effort wasn't my best swing of the night but the ball lept off the face and screamed skyward exactly the way I hoped it would. After two or three hits, I very quickly came to realise that this purchase may actually be one my most significant to date.

All in all I am very happy with the purchase and only wish I had thought about this sooner. I would strongly recommend anyone who struggles with a 15* 3 wood take a look at the Razr X Black 4 wood. Distance wise the loss is minimal and if your slightly inconsistent with your ball striking as I am than you will find you get more distance from the 4 wood anyway because the ball flight is that much higher and you will gain far more in carry.

Definatley work a look folks!

I hit the range tonight with my new Callaway RazrX Black 4 Wood. I brought this to replace my RBZ 3 wood which I have always struggled with off the deck and found to long off the the tee against my driver.

So I arrived at the range with no expectations of the club at all despite the fact I have actually hit it before albeit sometime ago. Ideally I wanted the 4 wood to be easy to hit off the deck as well as giving me a towering ball flight off the tee, as my local "home" course has a couple of holes where getting the ball airborne quickly off the tee is vital otherwise you have play to the side and then go down the fairway.

After warming up with some wedges and irons, i reached into my bag for the 4 wood. I opted to start with hitting balls straight off the mat to see how the club would work out on the fairway. Immediatley right from the off BOOM! a tall, straight ball flight heading out to the 220 flag - bear in mind we are working with range balls in 2*c temperatures here - damn pleased with that was my first thought. I hit 4 or 5 more just to make sure the first one wasn't a fluke, and continued to hit similar shots time after time - I can very easily see this becoming my go to club from long range on the fairway.

With the positive result from the mat, I setup myself up on a tee hoping and praying that the ball would disappear into the moonlight. My first effort wasn't my best swing of the night but the ball lept off the face and screamed skyward exactly the way I hoped it would. After two or three hits, I very quickly came to realise that this purchase may actually be one my most significant to date.

All in all I am very happy with the purchase and only wish I had thought about this sooner. I would strongly recommend anyone who struggles with a 15* 3 wood take a look at the Razr X Black 4 wood. Distance wise the loss is minimal and if your slightly inconsistent with your ball striking as I am than you will find you get more distance from the 4 wood anyway because the ball flight is that much higher and you will gain far more in carry.

Definatley work a look folks!

Good thing to hear you are impressed with the performance. I have the #3 wood and really like it. Still gaming my 2007 Taylormade Burner, but RAZR X black is impressive and will get some bag time, it is longer off a tee for me and a little longer off the deck.

This bad boy went back in my bag today. I forgot how much this club just crushes golf balls.

I have the razr x black driver and 3H just need something in between. I'm considering this 3 wood, the Ping K15, Cleveland Mashie and also the regular X hot. Looking for something easy to hit mostly out of the fairways as I'm pretty comfortable with this driver. Anybody have any comparisons between these? The X hot is the only model I would be able to try before buying.

I have the razr x black driver and 3H just need something in between. I'm considering this 3 wood, the Ping K15, Cleveland Mashie and also the regular X hot. Looking for something easy to hit mostly out of the fairways as I'm pretty comfortable with this driver. Anybody have any comparisons between these? The X hot is the only model I would be able to try before buying.

Sorry, I can't directly compare the other options. Just picture an incredibly easy to hit and surprisingly long club, that is the RAZR X Black. I've had mine in the bag for over a year now and all my playing partners know that when I need 230 from anywhere "Steve and his 4 wood" are coming to party. For the price you can find this club it's worth a shot.

I agree with the positive reviews on this club. I've had the 4 wood and the 7 wood in my bag for over a year, and decided there's no reason to upgrade or move to another club, because they are just too good. They set up to the ball beautifully, and are very easy to hit. I always hit them straight with a good trajectory. They're by far the easiest fairway woods I've hit. In fact, when I hit them off the tee on shorter par 4's or longer par 3's, I don't even tee them up. I just throw the ball off the ground and smack 'em down the fairway.

Great Post. I am wondering about the different shafts available for the RAZR X Black and White fairways and driver. It seems they all may have a stock Callaway shaft? I think theres a stock Motore F8 available for the driver? The black fairways also can come with a prolaunch axis red? The white fairways can come in a prolaunch axis platinum? Can anyone shed any light? I am thinking of getting a s flex and my driver ss is 95 mph and climbing with a shorter style swing. What shafts are available and which is best for me?

Back