The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And where is the commissioner on this? He was at bob kraft's house last week lol. To me this is on brady, not bellicheck. The qb gets the ball he wants on every team, if what Rodgers says is true he likes it over inflated. Like I said, of course it's wrong, but it's a big deal because it's the patriots. If this is the Raiders or jags it's a page 8 story

If the Raiders or Jags had done it in the AFC championship it's still a big deal.

Totally changing topics, but I was reminded of this stat this week. The Bucs and Raiders met in the Superbowl 12 years ago, and neither team has won a playoff game since.

That's because Brad Johnson cheated. And I'm sure the Raiders did to.

Yet again, I did not say it wasn't wrong. How about this, is this any different than pine tar in baseball?

Because in the NFL its a rule. just like you can use metal bats in college baseball, should we let one team in the MLB use a metal bat? You are comparing apples to oranges.

That's because Brad Johnson cheated. And I'm sure the Raiders did to.

They all used the same football, so Johnson cheated for them.

Imagine all the shady stuff the Patriots did over the last decade or so and never got caught.

Imagine all the shady stuff the Patriots did over the last decade or so and never got caught.

I know, right. Its a good thing no other team ever does anything wrong. I wouldn't be able to handle that amount of evil in the world.

Interesting article on USA today explaining how hard it would be to deflate the balls given how they are handled.

Basically it leads you to believe that somewhere much akin to Johnson someone got paid to look away for a bit at best.

Not good for the league, at all, if officials are found out to be taking bribes.

Especially during playoff time when only the best officiating crews are supposed to be reffing.

It makes some games more interesting like the Saints Vikings games where there were so many non calls on roughing the Passer.

Interesting article on USA today explaining how hard it would be to deflate the balls given how they are handled.

Basically it leads you to believe that somewhere much akin to Johnson someone got paid to look away for a bit at best.

Not good for the league, at all, if officials are found out to be taking bribes.

Especially during playoff time when only the best officiating crews are supposed to be reffing.

It makes some games more interesting like the Saints Vikings games where there were so many non calls on roughing the Passer.

was just reading the same article...
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...urce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=206567

Because in the NFL its a rule. just like you can use metal bats in college baseball, should we let one team in the MLB use a metal bat? You are comparing apples to oranges.
There's no rule in baseball about pine tar or pitchers who dr baseballs? Same thing to me

I know, right. Its a good thing no other team ever does anything wrong. I wouldn't be able to handle that amount of evil in the world.

The stuff they have done in comparison to other teams besides the Saints is not even close.

There isn't? It's an automatic ejection if you are caught altering a baseball..
That's why I asked with a question mark, I knew the answer. Was just saying nobody is calling for firing, etc for guys that use pine tar or pitchers scuffing balls

That's why I asked with a question mark, I knew the answer. Was just saying nobody is calling for firing, etc for guys that use pine tar or pitchers scuffing balls

they get suspended though, I believe Pineda got 10 games

They are ejected immediately and suspended.

So, under your thought process... should every offensive player for the Patriots been ejected?

The stuff they have done in comparison to other teams besides the Saints is not even close.

how do you know other teams are not doing anything illegal? just because they have not been caught? Obviously the Patriots are bad at cheating, but don't kid yourself other teams are not clean as a whistle, just better at not getting caught

Does anyone really believe they will suspend Belicheck or Brady or both before the Superbowl? I could see Belicheck but it would be very surprising...Brady no way

how do you know other teams are not doing anything illegal? just because they have not been caught? Obviously the Patriots are bad at cheating, but don't kid yourself other teams are not clean as a whistle, just better at not getting caught

Oh I'm pretty confident they all do in some way or another, but the stuff that has been revealed about the Patriots over the years makes them look the worst.

They are ejected immediately and suspended.

So, under your thought process... should every offensive player for the Patriots been ejected?
My only point was that the pats were caught doing something I'd guess more than half of teams do, similar most likely to how many guys either pitching or hitting try to affect a baseball. The outrage comes from them being the pats, not the act in my opinion. That was my only point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back