Contract to be an OEM Staffer

Are the totals per year or total for 5? I'd be happy to take a 1,000 a year to play your equipment (which I assume is for free). Also, this is as long as I believe in and like it. If not, the price goes up.

Zero dollars.

$100,000/year

I'd retire tomorrow and play with them EVERY DAY!

Aloha,

Bob (Diveguy)

I'd do it for free. I'd quit my job and do it full time for 100K per year.

I would do it for free depending on the company. There are a few companies that I couldn't put a full bag of gear that I would want to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All of this is depending on the company, but assuming it is one of the companies that could provide all the equipment I would ask for $10k for 5 years to cover greens. If it was a good company (from my perspective) I would do it for free.

If I got to sell off or give away the previous models I would make a few bucks or become super popular with my buddies.

Unintentional yet interesting question. Since we're all big on trying everything..

What would you accept in a contract with a golf company to play their gear exclusively? includes fresh clubs each cycle and balls/gloves/hats/bags(staff and stand).

Zero dollars?
1,000 dollars?
10,000 dollars?
100,000 dollars?

Rule is, you can't put another brand in the bag, or even really experiment with anything. Would expect to focus purely on that equipment in all discussions and be essentially a brand ambassador when possible. Breach would forfeit all monies/equipment.

The contract would be for no less than five years.
Looking at some guys WITB they already do it, presumably, for free. This does raise the question of how much word of mouth advertising is worth?

To answer your question: If I was fit for everything in the bag by the OEM for each cycle, they covered the consumables (balls, glove, etc) every year, and there were no out of pocket expenses to be their Brand Ambassador I would do it for free. Now, if they expected travel or greens fees etc beyond what I normally have, then I would think that those expenses should be covered.
I would do it in a heartbeat, probably for 0.00, now, you throw 100,000 on the table I will get a tattoo of the OEM and then some.
LOL at James with a "T" stamp. :alien:

Being that I'm not a tour pro, I'd do it for free

There's no need to become a professional in this instance.

I look at it this way. I'm active on a public golf forum, I discuss equipment constantly, and play around 100 rounds of golf a year with different people. Would my advertising of said company not be worth something? You know that staff bag on a range draws eyes and questions.

That was exactly what i was thinking. If i could show off all their gear at my club and the other clubs i play at, and also talk to people, surely if they brought stuff from said brand my advertising worked.

This would depend on the company and I would have to negotiate some part of the club deal like putters for example. I would do a year for free but 5 years without trying something else?? Id need to pad my bank account for 5 years with the amount depending on the company.

My entire bag is already comprised of Titleist and foot joy products down to the bag...umbrella....gloves...shoes....literally everything. I even have Vokey milled ball markers.

FREE depending on brand and scope

I'd accept a full bag from maybe two companies. Callaway and Titleist. 100k a year for 5 years to game their gear, done!!!

Would gladly do it for free! I mean yea if I could negotiate a set price say per month that I would then use to pay for golf I would love it and gladly accept it. But if it was between $0 free clubs or $0 and no clubs ill take the clubs happily and become extremely brand loyal.

With my current weekend hacker status, free.

Would you get to try out new clubs and get fitted when the newer models came out?

With Taylormade, you would get a custom fitted driver 5 times a year. Lol!

Jack

I'd do it for zero if I'm getting fitted properly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would depend heavily on which OEM. I could see doing Ping or Titleist. For sure you'd need to pay me to do it--I love tinkering so you're basically paying to take away my fun for X number of years. If I'm supposed to say the brand is best at everything you're going to have to pay me a *lot* to lie publicly--no OEM dominates every type of club.

Only payment required is unlimited golf and range pass at a nice course

There are a few brands I'd do this with, based on their past performance and current catalog (and industry trajectory) and do it for free. Titleist, Callaway, Cobra/Puma (but what ball?) or possibly Cleveland. Where do I sign up?

For a 5 year contract in which I'd be forced to only use that company's product, I think as Dan said, a couple years worth of golf on the company's dime would be enough for me. I'd also want to be able to tinker as much as I wanted with the company's current offerings.

I would get paid. Business is business. lol.

I'm not interested. I'd rather have the freedom to try anything I want when ever I want.

I'm not interested. I'd rather have the freedom to try anything I want when ever I want.

haha I think you and I are the only ones!

I assume this would exclude me from a ton of THP Events for 5 years so I'd probably have to pass.

That said, if an OEM offered me $10,000 just to run around with their stuff I'd find a way to make it work hehe.

I'd definitely do this (with just about any OEM) in exchange for an all expense paid trip to be fit and a membership at one of my local courses for the duration of the contract. I think I could make a pretty decent brand ambassador too...

Back