Iron Finishes: Which one would you want for the rest of your golfing life?

If I had to go with one finish it would be satin.

A dark nickel or matte grey is what I prefer. Love darker heads on Irons.

Satin for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Satin is the norm. But I could game black like the Bridgestone J15 wedges... they have held up extremely well.

Shiny chrome

In the minority but I love the Shiny Chrome look, which a satin face.

Satin FTW.

Edit: By brushed chrome I meant satin, haha
I used to think I wanted black, but only on wedges, satin on the irons for sure!

Brushed satin, with maybe a few polished accent surfaces. Minimizes the glare, and it looks awesome even when it has quite a bit of wear - unlike polished, which looks like crap very quickly.

The finish Ping used to use around G2, G5.

Love the looks of the Burner 2.0's , So I would say black with satin is the look i would go for.

satin for sure

Iron Finishes: Which one would you want for the rest of your golfing life?

To this day....the prettiest irons I've gamed were the Cleveland TA3's and the TA1's
448b9cc33fdd7cb1bf9c6e7f071d6796.jpg
28e2835062bba1806b3c3ed3117701cf.jpg

I would have said satin a year ago but I've since switched to chrome and love it.

Chrome for me baby!

My favorite is black finish. Then satin. I can deal with chrome if I must

If someone could help me out here...what finish were the J40 DPC? What finish were the original Apex and Apex Pro?

To this day....the prettiest irons I've gamed were the Cleveland TA3's and the TA1's
448b9cc33fdd7cb1bf9c6e7f071d6796.jpg
28e2835062bba1806b3c3ed3117701cf.jpg

Gamed the TA3s from 2003-2012... loves those irons, and loved the gunmetal finish. Played my best golf, and I will remember those irons fondly!

Satin and then chrome. I tried black and I guess my expectations on the wear were way out of line.

If they wouldn't wear much, then black all the way

Satin without a doubt

Give me satin all day.

Back