Cobra KING F6 Irons Preview

There's still a sgi line called max I think that replaces the baffler line.

Pretty excited to hit these irons. Some additional images I picked up from Google.
Cobra-iron-new-copy.jpg

images

I am not a fan of these,too bulky in these photos. Maybe in hand these looks smaller. I quite enjoyed the last King Cobra irons the ones Ricky uses

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Is Cobra planning to release F6+ irons?

Is Cobra planning to release F6+ irons?

Not from what I have seen. That would fall into the King Tec Forged and other KING LTD lines.

I am not a fan of these,too bulky in these photos. Maybe in hand these looks smaller. I quite enjoyed the last King Cobra irons the ones Ricky uses

In person they do not appear bulky at all. Even the hollow body long irons have a much more slender appearance then expected.

In person they do not appear bulky at all. Even the hollow body long irons have a much more slender appearance then expected.
Usually the photos do not do the clubs justice,this seems like the case

Can't wait to see in hand photos. Cobra has definitely stepped up their game with recent releases I feel. Headed in the right direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the way the set is made up of a combo set and the looks have me won already. Just wonder about the color option because I'm not 100% on orange.

Seem to be an interesting blend in the game improvement category. They look solid!

On my shortlist for Spring. Need a complete new set to replace my very old Gravity backs.

Cobra really seems to have a lot of tech into the King line this year. Really interested to read the reviews.

I'm a very big Cobra fan but one thing puzzles me here. Why the shallow little speed channel groove on the sole near the face? Could it really provide any performance boost, even on a horribly thin shot, then it looks like you'd need to clean it after pretty much every swing. I read their blurb about the channel in the press release JMan posted but did their engineers say much about it when you all were there?

Like many things before it, its just visual technology. Showing what can happen.

Like many things before it, its just visual technology. Showing what can happen.
Cobra is very good at that imo

Interesting combination if technologies we've seen individually in some other offerings, plus some new things. I bet they are great at delivering the promised performance. I especially like how they offer help with the longer irons.

Do you have any lofts & specs to share with us?

Dang that's a lot of technology crammed into an iron set.

I really feel like they've made an iron set here as opposed to a set of irons.

Do you have any lofts & specs to share with us?

Lofts will be coming with in hand photos soon.
What specs would you like?

Lofts will be coming with in hand photos soon.
What specs would you like?

Thanks JB. Just standard stuff: lofts, shafts (upgrade options), offset (mm), etc.

I'm still trying to decide whether I like the looks of these, or not. They look OK, just not grabbing my attention at this point. In-hand pics could make a big difference, though, as I have changed my mind, in the past, after seeing "live" pics.

I'm still trying to decide whether I like the looks of these, or not. They look OK, just not grabbing my attention at this point. In-hand pics could make a big difference, though, as I have changed my mind, in the past, after seeing "live" pics.

And these look way better in person.

Was the question regarding what 'type' of iron set this one is get answered? Part of me says GI, definitely not SGI. What is Cobra's target here? Are they reducing the number of iron offering this year overall? The combination of all the different types of irons in this set makes me think this is supposed to hit a broad range of golfers, with the King LTD stuff on the top end and max on the low end. Is another set in this area going to be announced?

Being they are GI/SGI I would love to give these a try. Never played Cobra before but really would like to give them some swings

Back