2015 Fitness and Working Out Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get to an advanced level of lifting where you cannot deadlift weekly, or even monthly, then substituting farmers walks for deadlift is a good idea. For everybody in this thread, it would be limiting potential to substitute farmers walks for deadlifts.
I'm going to add to my own post here. Unless the lifter was of an advanced age or had other injury limitations. Then farmers walks are a very good substitute.

Gotcha. Wasn't trying to sound negative or anything just curious as to what they were doing for you specifically.
Absolutely didn't take it as negative at all - feel free to ask questions.

My instructor is a huge believer in deadlifts and we are doing them in our individual workouts 3x a week.

The shoulders are an area of improvement for me because of the prior injury, so he is having me several different exercises to strengthen several muscles in the shoulders.

All your boys talk about chin up's in here made me put myself to the test. I haven't done a chin up or a pull up in about 10 years and banged out 23. I dropped so my arms were just slightly bent at the bottom so they didn't lock up and didn't do the rapid fire fast as you can with poor form.

I was impressed a little myself.

All your boys talk about chin up's in here made me put myself to the test. I haven't done a chin up or a pull up in about 10 years and banged out 23. I dropped so my arms were just slightly bent at the bottom so they didn't lock up and didn't do the rapid fire fast as you can with poor form.

I can't do 23. Even without a dead hang.

I can't do 23. Even without a dead hang.

I have always been able to do a fair amount. No idea why but it's been like that since I was in elementary school.

I'm going to try Monday and see if I can do that routine Sudseh posted. Ive done 12 pull ups but going to 20+ could be rough lol we'll see if I even get close. That's narrow grip btw, wide grip is way worse haha those bastards are ridiculous

I'm going to try Monday and see if I can do that routine Sudseh posted. Ive done 12 pull ups but going to 20+ could be rough lol we'll see if I even get close. That's narrow grip btw, wide grip is way worse haha those bastards are ridiculous
It's a really good routine. When I was doing it seriously, I would switch up hand position every day wide, medium overhand (pull-up), medium underhand, close underhand (chin-up). Variety in that builds up total arm / shoulder strength.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

That is insane. Unless you only weigh like 100 lbs...

I can do about 10 chin ups but only 7 wide grip pullups. But I'm fat...

That's awesome man! I can do about 16 or 17 and then I burn out. Wide grips are a different story haha. I max out at 10 ish.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

5 sets of 6 reps this week on the core lifts, bench press, squat, presses, and a single set of 6 on the deadlift. I may quit training after this week.

On day 10 of Squat Every Day. This is a new level of awesome and sore all at the same time. Blasting through PRs in just about every movement, its amazing what starting my workout with heavy squats does for the intensity of my session.

On day 10 of Squat Every Day. This is a new level of awesome and sore all at the same time. Blasting through PRs in just about every movement, its amazing what starting my workout with heavy squats does for the intensity of my session.
Are you squatting everyday or every session?

That is insane. Unless you only weigh like 100 lbs...

I can do about 10 chin ups but only 7 wide grip pullups. But I'm fat...

I'm now 172 dropped 8 pounds over the past month and body fat is now at just under 8%. I've been putting in a lot of work over the past month by doing two a days mon-fri and only take a day off on football Sunday. I need to keep an eye on my fantasy team and yell at the tv. Also really cleaned up my eating I've never eaten this much kiwi, pomegranate and pineapple in my life.

liftingrules1.jpg

Great workout tonight. Focused on cardio work at the start followed by a good amount of speed training. Finished with some tough core training.

Squats tonight. 5 sets of 6 @ 80% of 1rm. I may die

Sorry gents. I failed on my 5x6

It ended up being 3x6; 1x4; 1x2; 2x3

Gassed. Now I'm pushing a prowler. Then some chins. Going to sleep like a baby.

Sorry gents. I failed on my 5x6

It ended up being 3x6; 1x4; 1x2; 2x3

Gassed. Now I'm pushing a prowler. Then some chins. Going to sleep like a baby.

What is a prowler?

Did a bunch of work on my triceps's and calves. Love working my calves and want them to turn into cows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back