What's in the bag? Fixed 14 clubs or do you have/use options?

Mine is pretty much set, and I don't even carry a full 14 clubs. I carry a SLDR Mini, 5-9 irons, PW, AW, 56,*, 60*, 2H (just for hitting out from under trees), and putter.

I took out an Adams Super S driver, 3 wood, and hybrid when I bought the Mini. They're the only things sitting on my shelf, because I can't hit any of them consistently. I'm considering removing the 60* for the same reason.

Very fixed for me. I have a backup set of irons, but I have not touched them since I put the new set in the bag last spring. Before that, I didn't have any others. I have no backup wedges and only own one putter, one 3-wood and one hybrid. I do have two drivers other than what's in the bag, but I haven't played either since I moved on from them.

Putter is the one place in the bag I might swap in and out if I had more options. But my MO is pretty much to put a new club in the bag if I think it's better than the old one, then take the old one out, and leave it out.

I have a fairly significant bench. Enough to keep things interesting.
I'm in the same boat. Just look in one of my other bags to change things up.

13 clubs are fixed, but i'm trying to figure out whether i want to bag a 3h and pull my pw that we bent 4* weak. the weak pw fits the 130 distance really well, and i find myself in that distance often. i can't hit that number consistently enough with my md3 50, it's more of a 120-125 club. i'm having trouble finessing my pw to cover 140 and 130. i was hoping the 3h would be a slightly less risky option into par 5s, but so far i'm not finding that it's good enough to do what i want. so i guess my bag is fixed after all!

I have 14 clubs and that is it. I don't see the need to have another set of clubs just laying around for me to tinker with or sometimes use. I can instead sale those clubs and use that money for rounds of golf.

I pick 2 out of 4 of these. RBZ 2 3 wood and 5 wood. Both launch pretty high with more spin. 3HL Jetspeed fairway wood and 3H SLDR which both launch fairly low with less spin.
3W- 240 ish (230-250)
3WHl 235 ish ( 225-245)
5W 220ish (215-235)
3H 215 ish ( 205-225)

Fixed bag for me. Itching for spring time already.

13 fixed. Putter is usually a revolving door, but I'm digging the one I'm playing now. I'm going to try to make it last all year..............

Irons from 5-LW are set.
Hybrid or 5W varies on course conditions
3W or Driver varies on course length
3W or 64 wedge varies on course length
4 different putters.... varies on which ones are in the dog house.

Mine is fixed. I replaced my irons in December and that is the only time it changes. :clapp:

Lots of options. THP has helped me build a collection haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1200GE set.jpg

I think that I'll go vintage in the spring, at least to begin with.
My vintage set, unfortunately, is comprised of sixteen clubs.

Unlike modern over-stocked bags, I don't go over the limit with an array of four or five wedges.
With this bag, I just include the two wedges that came with the set.

My sweet sixteen problem comes from overlapping long irons with lofted fairway woods.
I need my lofted fairway woods in both modern and vintage sets. I never switched to hybrids.
But modern iron sets start with the five-iron and my Wilson iron set starts with a 1-iron.

So if I have to get down to fourteen for a member-guest or something, I'll definitely pull the three-iron.
Then I'll have to pick between the 1 and 2 for a driving iron, whichever one I hit longer.
The 1200GE long irons are much more forgiving than most.

No need for a gap wedge with the weaker, old fashioned lofts, but if I replace the 1200GE sand wedge with two other wedges, then I have to choose between the 25º Spalding 7-wood and the 4-iron. I don't think that I'll do that, though. The 1200GE sand wedge is very hittable from the turf. Truth be told, it's not that fabulous from the sand.

The sets that I've bought after this mid-eighties rig (the metal-woods may have been early 90s) were probably extravagance. I can play with this set.
Especially after replacing the iron set steel shafts with NV Pro 105s.

Only thing I really swap out depending on mood is 5W/3H, though the 3H has been winning that battle for a while now.

EDIT: Totally glazed over putters. I'll change out a putter if I'm struggling and something else feels better to me. I usually have a small handful hanging out in my basement.

My "gamer" bag is set 13 out of 14 clubs for this year with putter being rotated because thats who I am and what I do. LOL

That said, there will be many short term temporary moving part this year thanks to the job I have here testing things.

Hey, thanks all for the replies. The question I was trying to get to was how many people changed up club in the bag based on weather, course... Seems like there's a little of that but the majority of club swapping is more "user" experimentation.

My bag is subject to change based on the course. I will swap out FW/hybrids/utility irons depending on what course I'm playing.

If I go with my new FW-15s, having had the choice of loft increment gappings makes it easy to pare down to fourteen clubs.

With the Wilson set, I didn't have those choices. I can find use for all seventeen clubs in casual play.

The problem is that I hit the mid-eighties irons better than I hit the less forgiving new ones.

My bag is subject to change based on the course. I will swap out FW/hybrids/utility irons depending on what course I'm playing.

See for me it depends on what I'm hitting better. The 5W is always longer, but I've just been hitting the 3H more consistently. Can you provide an example? I guess I could see swapping out a hybrid for a 4I if there's a lot of short, tight par 4s as I'm pretty comfortable with my 4I off the tee.

See for me it depends on what I'm hitting better. The 5W is always longer, but I've just been hitting the 3H more consistently. Can you provide an example? I guess I could see swapping out a hybrid for a 4I if there's a lot of short, tight par 4s as I'm pretty comfortable with my 4I off the tee.

If I have some issues off the tee with the driver the 2deep will go in the bag.
If the course I'm playing has more holes that are in the in the low 400 dude range I'll go driver 5 deep, 2 utility iron.

If it's a longer course I may go driver 5 deep 2h.

However the strategy will likely change this year as I change some habits. Which will likely settle some the club swapping I've done.

One example for me. One one course there's a long par 3 from the blues that's around 225. With my normal setup, that's a little long for my 3H (19*) and short for my 3W. I'll swap my 3H for a 16* 2H for that course as my # on the 2H is around 225.

If the wind is blowing and I want to flight down, I'll drop my 5H and put my 5iron in the bag.

Hey, thanks all for the replies. The question I was trying to get to was how many people changed up club in the bag based on weather, course... Seems like there's a little of that but the majority of club swapping is more "user" experimentation.

I do change as well depending on the course. My home course is my primary bag set up, but there are several that I play that I swap out a hybo for a wedge or a wood

I play 13 currently but may get another fw. It is pretty set other than adjusting my longest hybrid depending on conditions.

For me my setup is very versatile for any course/cobditions

With seventeen clubs, I've got it pretty well covered as well!

Nice! My gaps are super wonky and my fitter and I took some clubs out of the bag as they did not fit in anywhere or cover a certain flight

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back