THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

I love that course, I've played it a bunch and 14,15,16,17 and 18 are some of the best finishing holes I've played, 17 offers risk reward and 18 is a touchy par. I love this announcement, time to put the 2 iron back in the bag!

Really freaking stoked about this!!!! I've made RNK my biotch once before.. Can't wait to do it again!

THP Regional Rivalry - DC/MD/VA vs Carolinas Sponsored By True Temper

Aren't they joining your team? I mean that kinda nullifies that whole "winning team" thing.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

Well honestly they're hopefuls at this point. Much like you are. I like their chances. For you.....

7b6de45f0bb65c37ef7f18dda86295a3.jpg

[

I love that course, I've played it a bunch and 14,15,16,17 and 18 are some of the best finishing holes I've played, 17 offers risk reward and 18 is a touchy par. I love this announcement, time to put the 2 iron back in the bag!

Trouter, I like the sounds of that 2 iron...I have a 21 degree utility iron that is very much like it. A tad longer for me though.

One or both utility irons would definitely be in the bag on this course. Fingers crossed

Well honestly they're hopefuls at this point. Much like you are. I like their chances. For you.....

[

Sadly you're right. Date doesn't work for me. Got a family reunion that week, but I'll be on the beach thinking about how painful it must be for y'all to be losing.

Of course this won't stop me from talking trash and supporting the true southern team.

Sent from the magic know everything box in my pocket

I updated the New Kent course review with pictures and description of each hole from the black tees. I hope this helps someone in someway.

I updated the New Kent course review with pictures and description of each hole from the black tees. I hope this helps someone in someway.

I was looking at the pictures feeling a bit intimidated by the course, but then I thought about every other Strantz design I've played. They are very visually intimidating with some blind shots and landing areas, but once you play them once or twice, they're not horrible. The first time around is always a challenge though.

I was looking at the pictures feeling a bit intimidated by the course, but then I thought about every other Strantz design I've played. They are very visually intimidating with some blind shots and landing areas, but once you play them once or twice, they're not horrible. The first time around is always a challenge though.
It's just a golf course hit your shots and you will be fine. Stranz is an amazing designer but one thing with his designs is there is always more to it than what you see. A scouting trip or two will be high in my list this year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's just a golf course hit your shots and you will be fine. Stranz is an amazing designer but one thing with his designs is there is always more to it than what you see. A scouting trip or two will be high in my list this year.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Let me know dude, I'd love to run it with you

Sweet I have family not too far from there and I can probably squeeze a practice round in on one of my work trips to Norfolk/VA beach

Definitely making it a priority to try and get into this one. I feel a scouting trip/practice round coming to the course.

Guess I will need to get an Albatross club membership and try to get into this event since it is in my backyard. I played the course last year after they burned off all the grass; there must have been 1000+ lost golf balls scattered around the course. I figured even if I am not selected I will head that way to say hello and meet some of the THP members. Are we playing from the Invicta tees?

Sweet, course is only a 2 hour drive for me. I'll get some practice rounds in this summer!

It's about 3 hours for me.
10e0f0f45dea246016f0cc874024b32a.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Nah, with no traffic it's just over 2 hours from Ashburn.
One little flaw in that plan.

When has there ever been no traffic on 95 S on a Friday in the summer leaving the DC area :blowkiss:

I woke up at 4 thinking about this event. The course will set the stage for the RR to play out in dramatic fashion. The course will reward the team who can avoid the big mistakes. Pars and steady play will be the way to go.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guess I will need to get an Albatross club membership and try to get into this event since it is in my backyard. I played the course last year after they burned off all the grass; there must have been 1000+ lost golf balls scattered around the course. I figured even if I am not selected I will head that way to say hello and meet some of the THP members. Are we playing from the Invicta tees?

Tees and formats will be announced soon.
Team event and all.
Lots of reasons to get an AC membership, including this event, a chance at the Grandaddy and all of the other perks that are part of it.

Going to be a great time.

So bummed that the date doesn't work for me but that just means I get the to be Team DMVs biggest supporter! This thread has been subscribed and will be that way till the Live thread is up.

You need a person to play practice matches against let me know and we can set something up. Can't wait to get some informal outings together to get this team ready to go wipe the floor with those Carolinians.

Back