Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

No frost delay there. Greens and fairways like concrete in the morning.

LXg-Lx.gif

Still going.

Do I dare ask what you guys wear in this weather when it doesn't get warm enough during the day to melt the frost? It's like 32 F down here @ 11 a.m. That's like 20 degrees lower than my minimum.

Do I dare ask what you guys wear in this weather when it doesn't get warm enough during the day to melt the frost? It's like 32 F down here @ 11 a.m. That's like 20 degrees lower than my minimum.
Long sleeve shirt, polo, 1/4 zip
Long underwear, thick socks, pants
Waterproof shoes
Toque

I'm usually shedding layers pretty quick too, the trick is to keep your hands warm.

I'll be wearing UA ColdGear baselayers, golf pants, snowboard socks (nice n' warm), golf boots (Nike Bandons), a 1/4 zip fleece, light insulated jacket, knit cap, and running gloves. Like Army says, keeping the hands warm is key. I'll probably carry too, to get the blood flowing a little more.

Won't be able to confirm until later today.

Do you know yet? Need to try snag a tee time

No I don't know yet. We could set it up for a foursome and even if you only have 2, it's usually not a issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm having some car troubles gentlemen...it might be best if I don't join you guys this time.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I'm having some car troubles gentlemen...it might be best if I don't join you guys this time.

That's not cool.

Should we try again for Saturday?

Ok nvm false alarm. Battery issues, they're ordering in a new one but for the meantime I SHOULD be ok...I just ask that one of you sticks around to jump me if necessary lol.

So if we're still game and it's not already too late, I can still do tomorrow. Let me know.

Ok nvm false alarm. Battery issues, they're ordering in a new one but for the meantime I SHOULD be ok...I just ask that one of you sticks around to jump me if necessary lol.

So if we're still game and it's not already too late, I can still do tomorrow. Let me know.

Nothing is booked as of now. I'll phone tomorrow morning and see if I can grab a spot for two around 11 am.

Nothing is booked as of now. I'll phone tomorrow morning and see if I can grab a spot for two around 11 am.
Sounds good. 1030-11 would be ideal.

wish I could play with you guys. I need to get out and play.

Pacific Northwest/Vancouver, BC Golfers Group

I think next week will be a bit easier for me! Have fun if you end up playing

Last edited:
Any luck?

Any luck?

11:16 for two. Hope that works but it's all they had available.

Its $49 today for some kind of New YEars Day special tournament. Includes a $10 voucher for the lounge and entry into a prize pool for the round. Should be fun!

11:16 for two. Hope that works but it's all they had available.

Its $49 today for some kind of New YEars Day special tournament. Includes a $10 voucher for the lounge and entry into a prize pool for the round. Should be fun!

It'll work - sounds interesting. Is it a shotgun or something?

It'll work - sounds interesting. Is it a shotgun or something?

Not to my knowledge. I played in it last year and its just a regular round.

Not to my knowledge. I played in it last year and its just a regular round.
Ok cool. Sounds good man. I'll see you at 1030 or so!

Hey bud,

I had to jump my car again. Will they charge you if I back out? I just really don't want to have a major issue here.

If they'll charge you, then I'll get there.

EDIT: I'll be there in 20 to 30 minutes.

Last edited:
Hmmm.... handwarmer in the ball part of the bag to keep the balls warm so you're not hitting rocks off the tees sounds like a good idea too. Against the rules but scores don't count this time of year anyway.

Add a balaclava to keep your face warm.

Hmmm.... handwarmer in the ball part of the bag to keep the balls warm so you're not hitting rocks off the tees sounds like a good idea too. Against the rules but scores don't count this time of year anyway.

Add a balaclava to keep your face warm.

When the sun is out, it's not that bad. However, about a month a ago, we were ending a round and it was 32 deg far outside and I skulled a PW shot.... I'm still feeling it in my hands!

Shot an 84 on the tundra! Solid! A frozen lake saved one of my crap tee balls hahaha

Shot an 84 on the tundra! Solid! A frozen lake saved one of my crap tee balls hahaha

Good job buddy! A friend just asked me to go play at hazelmere tomorrow... How's the course?

Back