CajunMan

Reaction score
Handicap
10.9 USGA
Does anyone have a better way to clean clubs, while playing, than using a towel in a zip lock bag? Thanks, Tim

Wet towel in the basket. Works on balls too when the ball washers are dry.

Club cleaning? That's possible?

About all I do is my brush on the grooves. I'm so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frogger Towel, or something along those lines works decently.

Wet it down before the round, usually good for 9 holes, if not 18.

I just wipe them down after each shot and brush the grooves out, leave the washing till after the round at home. But maybe you could carry a wet towel like Smalls said.

wet towel that I pre soap with dish soap before I leave home

Frogger Towel, or something along those lines works decently.

Wet it down before the round, usually good for 9 holes, if not 18.

This, I saturate the heck out of mine and it's good for 18 holes.

Club cleaning? That's possible?

About all I do is my brush on the grooves. I'm so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ha, this is me. Plus spit on towel for hybrids/woods or if brush isn't enough and to clean ball.

I always walk and carry my bag so I don't even know what I would do with a wet towel.

I don't take many divots so my clubs don't get that dirty, but I'm thinking I will need/want to schedule regular cleaning for the CF16's when they arrive.

I use a brush and towel on the course then give them a detailed clean when I get home.

I tried the Frogger brush and wet towel yesterday and it was messy. Dirt I can handle but lately it has been mud. I bought something called a GolfRound and will try it out next time. Just trying to keep these new AP1's clean and shinny! I did Google something called Spotless Swing that looked like it might be ok. Anymore advice would be appreciated. Tim

I carry a bottle of water and wet one end of my towel while playing.

I carry a bottle of water and wet one end of my towel while playing.

Same. Although usually just a good brushing does the trick, and I wait until I get home to give them a good cleaning.

When I'm riding I bring along my own club/ball cleaner. Just a little dish soap in the reservoir and fill it up at the course.

http://www.amazon.com/Club-Clean-Ball-Cleaner/dp/B00YSOLW0Q

When I'm walking I go with one wet towel, one dry towel. I hang the wet towel on the handle of the pushcart.

I tried the Frogger brush and wet towel yesterday and it was messy. Dirt I can handle but lately it has been mud. I bought something called a GolfRound and will try it out next time. Just trying to keep these new AP1's clean and shinny! I did Google something called Spotless Swing that looked like it might be ok. Anymore advice would be appreciated. Tim

The Spotless Swing Towel is pretty good. THP had them in the store several years ago.

Here's some threads on them:

Preview: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?8271-Spotless-Swing-Towel
Review: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/spotless-swing-golf-towel-review/

A wet towel works just fine for most messes. Not sure why you would need it in a Ziploc bag. For the big messes, I keep an old toothbrush in the bag to scrub out grooves.

A wet towel works just fine for most messes. Not sure why you would need it in a Ziploc bag. For the big messes, I keep an old toothbrush in the bag to scrub out grooves.

The zip bag was to try to keep my hands clean. I tried the GolfRound and it really didn't do it for me. I think the Spotless Swing towel might be a good idea. I like the mountable golf ball/club washer but I also use a push cart. Tim

Back