Pacific Northwest Get Together - May/June/July, 2015

If we have 12 people going, shouldn't we have some kind of game (4-Ball, Wolf, Shamble, etc...)?

Fourball would be fun!

Fourball would be pretty epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's fourball? Forgive my ignorance!

What's fourball? Forgive my ignorance!

It's a best ball with 2 person teams. Best score of the 2 players is counted for each hole. We could have 4-6 2 man teams and see who comes out on top, like a mini tourney.

It's a best ball with 2 person teams. Best score of the 2 players is counted for each hole. We could have 4-6 2 man teams and see who comes out on top, like a mini tourney.

Ahh ok. Thanks!

Apologies in advance for whoever ends up being my partner. With my game where it currently is we probably won't win, but we will have a lot of fun.

Apologies in advance for whoever ends up being my partner. With my game where it currently is we probably won't win, but we will have a lot of fun.

#FirstInFun

Worst case scenario, just drink a lot! :drinks:

I am down to drink, but I am always fun on course. Winning is not always the key unless theirs something big on the line then yes maybe. I am a good motivator if you happen to ne my partner

Just updated first post with course, tee time, and player list.

For fourball, would we do like a 50% of team handicap deal or something?

Just updated first post with course, tee time, and player list.

For fourball, would we do like a 50% of team handicap deal or something?

That sounds about right, even field

Very excited to meet some new friends and play Gold Mountain.

Oh, pick me...that way i feel no pressure as I launch balls backwards...

I don't get the 50% of team handicap business. For what it's worth I'm in the 18-20 range though at gold mountain Olympic course may look more like 23.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Is anyone interested in doing 36? If so there is another course (Cascade) we could set up for the afternoon.

I don't get the 50% of team handicap business. For what it's worth I'm in the 18-20 range though at gold mountain Olympic course may look more like 23.

Just means that for each two man team, their handicap would be the average of the two players' caps. Example - if one team has a 5 and a 15 cap, the team cap would be 10.

Is anyone interested in doing 36? If so there is another course (Cascade) we could set up for the afternoon.

I'm not ruling it out, but I doubt I'll be able to swing it.

Sandbagger...lol

Sandbagger...lol

I am jealous of people who can figure this game out because it's a crazy mystery to me. Today was unexpectedly good so I'm just going to enjoy the happiness while it last :)

I am jealous of people who can figure this game out because it's a crazy mystery to me. Today was unexpectedly good so I'm just going to enjoy the happiness while it last :)

I shot a complete disaster of a front 9 today with a 52, and then all of a sudden I could play again and shot 40 on the back. I feel your pain hahaha

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I mysteriously was a shank machine at the range today after laying flooring in a house all day yesterday. I thought "shoot how fat away is the 8th?"

I mysteriously was a shank machine at the range today after laying flooring in a house all day yesterday. I thought "shoot how fat away is the 8th?"

Do not worry about it. Seriously. For as much as we may have side games going, it really is just about having fun.

Checking the ferry schedules looks like a 6am ferry from Seattle is a daily occurrence. Thinking for the people traveling this route we can meet there and hit a diner for breakfast on the other side... just a thought. I will be there early as usual so earlier the better for me.

Sorry guys not gonna work for me. My wife and I have volunteered to host a church event at our house that night. Sorry but priorities and all that. Have tons of fun!

never a mystery for me when I become that. played the local cakewalk track (King City), first time out in a week...and it showed. Took a divot with my driver on hole 1. Took me 3 shots to get on from 50 yards and in three times in first four holes. 3 putted twice. A mere 14 over on a soft, soft course...that is a confidence booster :)

Best part is I know when I play it tomorrow as part of a two man best ball I might shoot a 2 over on my own. Just all up and down with the game. But really looking forward to meeting some new people and adding some fellow golfers to my circle.

Back