Best Shot Of Your Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downhill lie with a wedge near the green, short pin with a ridge halfway, I was able to elevate and land soft, rolling it in for birdie to win the hole.

Classic Canadanline.

152 yards out in a fairway bunker, I hit an 8 iron to about 10 feet. Even Canadanline was impressed.

Mine wasn't as good as Canadanline or Aaron but I did almost chip in for a birdie. Other than there was nothing to write home about.

Two stood out.

First hole par4 second shot I hit an 8i to about 10 ft. Missed the birdie , but a good way to start the day.

Next one was on a par 4. Tee shot left me about 176 or so into the wind. 23* degree hybrid landed just short of the green, but rolled out a bit. Great result given the wind and stance I had.

For the second day in a row, a really good pitch from 50 yards. About 18 inches. Birdie!

PW to 6 feet from 120-ish.

2 jump out to me. Played in a Captain's Choice over the weekend.

Long par 3 playing about 215 into a cross wind. Partner hit a beauty, but left us with an ugly putt... About 25 feet, down hill that goes all sorts of ways. Two tiered green and we were on the top half with the flag on the lower. They all stepped up and gave it a good run and barely missed. I felt like I had the line perfectly, it was just about hitting it the right speed. Stepped up and hit a beautiful putt and it dropped in the bottom of the cup for a bird.

Par 5 that is playing directly into the wind. I hit a solid drive and partner hit a pretty dang good second shot (Hit a tree and bounced about 50 yards down the cart patch and into the middle of the fairway) which left us about 30 yards to the flag. Flag is right on the front of the green and right behind a bunker. Green has a valley in the middle. All 3 guys carried it long and rolled down into the valley. One guy was mad that hit right before me and I literally looked at him and said... "Just relax while I hit this"... Needless to say... I struck it perfectly... it hit the flagstick and dropped in the bottom of the cup for an eagle.

It was awesome!! Everyone around us went crazy.

Played a 4-man scramble on Saturday and had a few nice shots for myself. Hole #1, I chipped in from 15 yards for a birdie. Hole #4, make an 18ft birdie putt from the fringe. Hole #15 I made a 23ft eagle putt. Had another short birdie putt in the round as well. All told, we ended up -9 and I was responsible for 5 of those strokes around the greens. It was definitely one of my better short game days.

From 62 today
Was a tap in for par after a poor 2nd shot
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415646554.785676.jpg

I had a bunch during my 2.5 rounds over the weekend. Some that stuck out are:

- Second shot of the day at Grand National. 7-iron from about 140 I think. Put it about 8 feet from the hole. Just missed the tricky downhill slider for birdie.
- Easy 6-iron on #6 from 140-ish. Put it to about 4 feet and made the birdie.
- 5-iron from 170 on #9. You can see the results in the HOTD video I posted. It ended up about 3 feet away, and I drained the birdie.

- Drained a 30-footer on #8 at the River course on Hampton Cove for a birdie to put me at 1-over to that point for the nine.
- After duffing a drive about 40 yards on #9 and hitting a solid 6-iron to about 95 yards, I stuck a pitching wedge to about 10-feet. I burned the edge on the putt that would have saved the par, but made bogey.

140 yd Par 3 - hit a sky high 9i into greenside bunker that resulted in THE WORST PLUGGED FRIED EGG I've ever seen.

Muscled up on it for the up and down ... surprised I was able to pull it off - best sand shot I've hit all year from a lie that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

Last edited:
Par five 8th I hit a good drive but into light rough but there was no trouble so I decided to go for it anyway but mostly topped the 3 wood back into the middle of the fairway still 174 out to the pin. Choked down a little on a five iron and hit it pure, tight baby draw at the stick the whole way. Thought it might go it. Missed it by 18 inches.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415848608.076896.jpg

I had two birdies today using my 7i for approach shots on both.

#1 (par 4) hit 7i to 6' below hole - made putt
#17 (par 5) took shortcut to take out corner of dogleg with driver and hit it perfectly to set up easy approach shot. Hit 7i approach to 4' below hole for chance at eagle and missed the putt. This was only the second time I've putted for eagle on that hole and I choked!

Totally digging the Hybrid bump and run from off the green or fringe. I had two yesterday that I left within three feet and saved par both times. No fear of chili dipping; just a nice choke down and putting stroke...

My best shot today was an 8 iron from about 120 that ended up about 20 feet from the cup.

Ended up about 25 yards short of a par 5 in 3 shots, so I decided to pitch the next shot in for a birdie!

No more golf for a while here in Update NY, but one of my best shots of the year is this par 5 second. 210 yards into the wind.

2014-09-04160221.jpg

Putting for Eagle

2014-09-04160838.jpg

Missed it, of course.

Best Shot Of Your Round

#18 Myrtle Beach West Course

Par 3, playing 147 yds to the flag, used my 9iron.

cca066bae0d6c16e9d87cc59acee2190.jpg

Was betting my buddies, as well and closest to the pin was the winner...so glad I didn't partake in the loser's challenge...

Using Tapatalk

8th hole, 420y par 4.
Pushed tee shot right.
3h from 209 20 feet past hole.
Drained putt for birdie.

Highlight in an otherwise depressing round.

8th hole, 420y par 4.
Pushed tee shot right.
3h from 209 20 feet past hole.
Drained putt for birdie.

Highlight in an otherwise depressing round.

But you at least got to play. And by the way, very nice shot.

Par 3 playing 178 yards. 6 iron, pin high, 15 feet. #TailWind #LippedOut

I could easily say the hole out from 101 yards for an eagle on the first hole, but my best shot was the NEXT one.

Hit 3 wood off the tee on the next hole and drilled a drive right down the middle. Absolutely loved that I was able to keep my emotions intact.

On a day when I wasn't able to make a full swing and with the wind blowing 20 mph, it's only logical for my best shot to be a putt. After leaving a wedge approach way short I made the putt from 24 paces. I know, I know, lots of luck involved but it felt good anyway!

3w into a par 5 that carried the green and splashed down.

Yeah, best.

It was pretty on it's way to it's demise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back