TaylorMade JetSpeed Driver Review Thread

Don't they spin a little more ?

Comparing head to head for me, the difference was negligible. The weight placement is still going to be key when determining face dynamics and off center misses.

Yea, not a ton of difference for me either. Both provided the tantalizing screaming hook miss 60 yards off the planet every three swings for me.

Comparing head to head for me, the difference was negligible. The weight placement is still going to be key when determining face dynamics and off center misses.

Thats what i figured when i hit my brothers the main diffrenc for me was weight his is much lighter than SLDR I was just throing out an idea for why the JS might work and the SLDR would not

Ended up buying the jet speed this weekend I had no intentions of getting it and was not even on my list of ones to try but the store was empty so I had plenty of time to hit everything and this was by far the best so I had To buy it. Much lower spin than my x2 but still had good dispersion. My miss is a snap hook, and for whatever reason wasn't doing that In the store with the jetspeed like I was with everything else. Was mostly interested in hitting Bertha and the biocell but this performed much better. Average was 270 to 290 not bad considering my Ss has dropped.down to mid high 90s....intentionally to improve contact and results.

Geez. That distance with mid 90s swing speed should be physics wise technically impossible without a hurricane behind you. Do you know if there were any setting changed on the simulator before grabbing this club?

If not bottle that, save it and never change a single thing.

Geez. That distance with mid 90s swing speed should be physics wise technically impossible without a hurricane behind you. Do you know if there were any setting changed on the simulator before grabbing this club?

If not bottle that, save it and never change a single thing.

Not as far as I could tell. Was switching back and forth between multiple clubs....irons, woods, drivers on the same machine. Nothing really seemed outta whack. I will say I know I am capable of over 105mph swing speed so maybe the machine was.just off on ss.

After previously singing the praises of the Jetspeed, somehow, my driver swing has deteriorated such that I am now finding ways to bend the ball with the Jetspeed that were never intended. I haven't seen that much curve since I first started to play. When I manage to keep everything together, I still hit it long and straight, it is just now, sometimes straight is in the wrong direction. Very frustrating. At least now I know that my previous straight and fairly long driving wasn't all because of the Jetspeed. It is still a great club, I just found the way to negate the GI. Of course this is the way of golf, just as I start hitting my irons better, my driver fails me. Or in this case, abandons me and runs off with the drummer. On the plus side, I have finally started crushing the Jetspeed fairway wood off the short grass.

Been a few weeks with the jetspeed so I figured I don't give an update. Still happy with it, although I would agree it isn't the most forgiving. Low on the face and heel shots are punished but the toe seems ok. My miss lately has been toe so it works for me. No plans on changing anytime soon.

Disregard my last post......2 fairways hit over the past two rounds.........ummmmm bye bye.

Well that stinks Whiteballs. Hopefully you get it sorted out.

Been a few weeks with the jetspeed so I figured I don't give an update. Still happy with it, although I would agree it isn't the most forgiving. Low on the face and heel shots are punished but the toe seems ok. My miss lately has been toe so it works for me. No plans on changing anytime soon.

Disregard my last post......2 fairways hit over the past two rounds.........ummmmm bye bye.

It punished my heel miss. Ugh.

Sorry it didn't work out man, thoughts on where you're headed next?

Looks like the Jetspeed just got a win on the LPGA tour last week. Glad to see someone is using it haha

Still haven't given up on this club. Have a 10.5 and 13 degree now. Have a PL Blue in the 10.5 set to 12 and it's crushing it. Also have the 13 set to 14 with standard TP shaft and it goes bombs as well. The penalizing hook misses dissapeared for me after opting to leave the stock shaft behind.

I have the HL (13*) with the stock shaft (Velox T 49 gram) in senior flex coming my way. Eager to give this a try and see if I can push it out a bit further than the 910D2.

I have the HL (13*) with the stock shaft (Velox T 49 gram) in senior flex coming my way. Eager to give this a try and see if I can push it out a bit further than the 910D2.
For the time being, this has replaced the 910D2. I'm getting this out a bit further into the fairway, and I'm not experiencing any hooks or slices (over and above what I typically experience). With the JetSpeed, my typical miss is a pull, but I figure that's more the indian than the arrow. It is not the prettiest sounding driver (sort of muted), but it's working for me, and that's good enough.

For the time being, this has replaced the 910D2. I'm getting this out a bit further into the fairway, and I'm not experiencing any hooks or slices (over and above what I typically experience). With the JetSpeed, my typical miss is a pull, but I figure that's more the indian than the arrow. It is not the prettiest sounding driver (sort of muted), but it's working for me, and that's good enough.
Glad you got it working for ya. I love mine. Just bombs it out there.

@bigtazzGOLF
Grip n Rip
Chicks dig the long ball

For people who have upgraded the shaft in their JetSpeed, what shaft did you end up going to?

I'm looking to possibly upgrade mine. I'm a high handicapper and the regular shaft seems too flimsy for me when I feel it whip around and I am not a fast enough swinger to require a stuff shaft. I don't get that same feeling out of other regular shaft drivers I've hit. I'm just wondering if it will be beneficial for me to replace the shaft or get a whole new driver and 3 wood. I hit my JetSpeed hybrids really well but I really struggle with consistency off the tee with the driver and 3 wood.

I have a JetSpeed 10.5 and I've come to the conclusion it is like a putter. Every once in a while I need to put it in the closet to teach it a lesson, then it will behave (for awhile).

Seriously, very forgiving and fairly long as long as I put a reasonable swing on it.

For people who have upgraded the shaft in their JetSpeed, what shaft did you end up going to?

I'm looking to possibly upgrade mine. I'm a high handicapper and the regular shaft seems too flimsy for me when I feel it whip around and I am not a fast enough swinger to require a stuff shaft. I don't get that same feeling out of other regular shaft drivers I've hit. I'm just wondering if it will be beneficial for me to replace the shaft or get a whole new driver and 3 wood. I hit my JetSpeed hybrids really well but I really struggle with consistency off the tee with the driver and 3 wood.

Any feedback on this one? I consistently hook my R stock shaft on this one. I like the head so I'm hoping a good suggestion for a shaft upgrade that would be cheaper than a whole new driver.

Wish I could help with this one. This driver head and I just did not agree.

On the flip side of my question too.

Is there anyone who normally hits a R shaft that has stepped up to the stock stiff shaft with success?

I know the stock shaft is pretty flimsy and my swing speed is around 87 mph. With my hook I have, I'm wondering if just getting a stock stiff shaft would help the dispersion and go a bit straighter. I get th general impression that the stiff shaft is also tends to be a flimsier as well and may be closer to a regular shaft.

Little bit of a tough question...probably more a swing issue than shaft issue and you are probably better candidate for a R shaft with an 87 mph SS. But a different shaft could help. Also, keep in my mind that your sense that the shaft feels flimsy could be remedied by a different R shaft.

I've been told by a fitter that the TM shafts run a little soft. Have you tried hitting other drivers and shafts to see what differences you see in ball flight? If you're still hooking, it's probably swing related.

The stock S is still a 50 gram shaft so it may not help. Personally I couldn't hit a 50g shaft with any consistency. Hopefully you can demo one and see for yourself. Too stiff of a flex for your swing can keep you straighter but you will lose distance too.

On the flip side of my question too.

Is there anyone who normally hits a R shaft that has stepped up to the stock stiff shaft with success?

I know the stock shaft is pretty flimsy and my swing speed is around 87 mph. With my hook I have, I'm wondering if just getting a stock stiff shaft would help the dispersion and go a bit straighter. I get th general impression that the stiff shaft is also tends to be a flimsier as well and may be closer to a regular shaft.

I have a very similar swing speed and a hooking problem too. I typically play R flex. Jet Speed was one of many drivers I ran fairly extensive comparative tests on. It was also one of a few drivers, that required me to bump up to stiff or change shafts to even begin to see what it might do. Typically the ones requiring a flex bump were light weight offerings, the standard Big Bertha being the exception. It was another offering I just couldn't control at stock R flex. Going stiff or going ZT regular (the alpha shaft) helped. Back to Jetspeed. For me, switching to the stock stiff helped reign in the HUGE left misses a little bit, but not really all that much. A heavier (in weight) shaft might help you a little more. Going from 55g to 65g was the key with Ping I25 for me there, not flex.

Back