What Is Your Favorite Local Course?

Torrey Pines North.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True Story. My father is from Brookline and growing up he was not allowed there as they didnt allow Jews. Over the years and through his successes he was offered to play many times and he finally got the chance and has now done so numerous times and I get to do it with him in 2016.
I'm just now seeing this post, it's awesome you get to play there. I live less than 2 miles from the course but will likely never get the chance to play it. Have fun with your dad next year or there.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

For me I have to say The Quarry as I play it more often than Firestone.

Quarry over boulder? You're a mad man!

Boulder is 45 mins from my address. May need to move 15 mins north because Boulder is by far one of the best in the area.

What Is Your Favorite Local Course?

I practice at The Wilds.....unlimited range balls for $15. I get better at Legends....and I get my a$$ kicked by The Meadows. .

I live less than 15 from all three...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would say my favorite within 30 minutes of me is the Trophy Club in Lebanon, IN.

I would say my favorite within 30 minutes of me is the Trophy Club in Lebanon, IN.

Next season we will play it again, hopefully I'll have a golf game by then

Next season we will play it again, hopefully I'll have a golf game by then

Sounds good to me, just say when.

Boulder is 45 mins from my address. May need to move 15 mins north because Boulder is by far one of the best in the area.

Ok lets just say we are meeting at my house before we play....boulder wins!

Ok lets just say we are meeting at my house before we play....boulder wins!

If that is the case it's not even close. Boulder Creek and that island green win!

Any course within 30min of me? Peachtree Golf Club.

A course within 30min of me that I can play? Berkeley Hills CC.

The Frog Golf Club. Best within 30 minutes of me for sure.

Mine would be Manakiki in Willoughby Hills. Old Donald Ross design that you can't beat for the price.

Never played there & never realized it was a Donald Ross course. I need to do this!

My favorite is my home course, Serrano CC. It's a Robert Trent Jones design and is good enough to have hosted a Champions Tour event for a decade or so. This one is easy because there are only anout six above average courses in the Sacramento area. If I was still living Minnesota this would be a much tougher question.

A little over 30 minutes, but Purgatory GC for sure.

TPC four seasons.

forgot a pic of boulder creek

bouldcreek_oh.jpg

Boulder Creek has my vote too. But I'd like to try Firestone South someday.

For me I have to say The Quarry as I play it more often than Firestone.
Which Firestone course have you played Matt? How does it compare to Boulder Creek?

Boulder Creek has my vote too. But I'd like to try Firestone South someday.

Which Firestone course have you played Matt? How does it compare to Boulder Creek?

I've played both North and South. Hard to compare the two to Boulder Creek, but if I had to the North would be most comparable. The elevation changes and island green stick out the most.

Back