Buying Golf Gloves

Canadan

You Are Great
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
How much thought do you all put into buying a golf glove?
How many stick to one style?
Are there things a glove has to have to be worn?

Do you care how long they last?

I've been wearing the Bridgestone Tour premium glove for quite some time now, and it's kind of ruined my perception of them. The leather is quite thin which means they don't last as long, but don't have anywhere near the amount of material between hand and grip which seems to be a big deal. So much so that I've been going gloveness rather than using a thick one while the weather sucks.

I buy the cheap $5 Wilson gloves at Wal Mart usually. They seem to last as long for me as the Titleist/FootJoy gloves I can buy at a discount at the golf course.

Not all are created equally and you can get quite a good quality of you look around.

I buy the W/S ones as they seem to fit me the best and just happen to be a good price. I think they are just as good as any of the more expensive ones.

Currently using the Bionic gloves.. They are more expensive but for me seen to last longer.

It's nice when they last a while and I prefer gloves that have an extra layer of material on the fat part of the palm (pinky finger side) because the butt end of my club usually rests in there. The Callaway glove that we got at the Gauntlet has lasted almost 30 rounds, although it's starting to show some wear in the middle of the palm.

I've been buying the Callaway 2-pack ($15.00) for years, cant remember the "name" of the style, but they last and work well. Not sure I have ever put thought in to it at time of purchase, but always remember which I like and continue to use the ones that work well and last.

I've been buying the Callaway 2-pack ($15.00) for years, cant remember the "name" of the style, but they last and work well. Not sure I have ever put thought in to it at time of purchase, but always remember which I like and continue to use the ones that work well and last.

Aren't those the Warbirds? I bought them for a while but found I got more use out of three of the Wilsons for the same price I mentioned earlier.

I go through the Bridgestone Premium gloves too fast for my tastes. I love the feel of them, but they aren't cheap so I've started using the Callaway Dawn Patrol glove. Though they don't feel as good as the Bridgestone, it's not a big difference and they last forever.

Callaway dawn patrol are good if you prefer a thinner glove.

I like the Bridgestone Tour Premium, very good club durability is an issue i usually grab the multi pack on ebay and that lasts me a season, I do use a Wilson glove as my practice glove so as not to wear these out

I try various styles. I only wear through a couple of pairs of gloves a season. As long as they fit and have a little tack to them I'm happy. Some times last round I even went gloveless with my UTX grips.

I go through the Bridgestone Premium gloves too fast for my tastes. I love the feel of them, but they aren't cheap so I've started using the Callaway Dawn Patrol glove. Though they don't feel as good as the Bridgestone, it's not a big difference and they last forever.

Not sure I've ever tried them. If they are close, I'll give them a shot.

I have a local golf shop that has Wilson gloves for 9 bucks and they usually last just as long if not longer as a glove costing double that. Makes sense for me

Not sure I've ever tried them. If they are close, I'll give them a shot.

They aren't as soft as the Bridgestone--the Bridgestone is just about the best feeling glove I've tried, but I'm willing to sacrifice a little feel for the durability and price of the Dawn Patrol.

They aren't as soft as the Bridgestone--the Bridgestone is just about the best feeling glove I've tried, but I'm willing to sacrifice a little feel for the durability and price of the Dawn Patrol.

They've got them on Amazon for about 9 bucks. That seems solid.

I experimented with a lot of brands but none of them last long. There's usually a hole after 3 or 4 games.

Try Fit 39, a Japanese brand. They're the only ones I know that last much longer. Good grip too.

I buy in bulk off ebay. Lets me get a quality glove at a discounted price.

Can't remember what model, but I always seem to come back to the FJ glove with the ball marker snap on it. I don't use the ball marker but I love the glove.

I may have have to order some Brigdestone gloves though to try out, I've just never seen them for sale in my area.

I buy many different kinds and use them, if I don't like them I toss them. Style isn't a big deal to me. And as for how long they last, my thoughts are they last until one of the fingers rips or wears through. Its why I keep 4 or more gloves in my bag.

I have yet to find a better glove then the Titliest PermaSoft Glove

I've been using FJ gloves for some time and they last the season. I got 2 Titleist gloves when I bought my new clubs, so time will tell, but they appear well made.

Titleist Players Glove, although those might be the same glove with just a name change?

I switched to FJ Pure Touch gloves this past season...I love the feel, but they wear out fast. Going to see what else is out there that are more cost efficient.

Buying Golf Gloves

I believe they are the players glove.

I use these as well. They have a good feel and good grip and they last quite a while as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back