Live Update Thread & Contest - UST February Shaft Spectacular

Question for Nate: Now that you see what a golf shaft can do for a particular clubhead, when you get a new club, will you replace the stock shaft?

Question for Shane: What were you expecting to learn about your current game that the new fitting would improve?

Looks like a pretty amazing day. A full bag fitting is awesome!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Unbelievable haul for the two lucky guys. Been a blast to follow along on the forum!

Not only a first class fitting and incredible shafts to take home, but a day of so much information is incredible!

Can't wait for next month!!!

Waaaay behind here...will post up some stuff and then start catching up.

It was an awesome day!

354583729c08c69fcfc94050646d6601.jpg

Greeted by swag in the conference room. Awesome hats and Link Soul shirt.

e4f359014eac8dc0d444048180e0dd43.jpg

4fe4a7fef526c9efd40e005d5dbede25.jpg

The table where Danny does his fitting magic.

b1c8f241c6e18e124b80b4f128de01f6.jpg

Wall of shafts.

c9d2ee56ae5cc617af303ca22089d16b.jpg

Cool UST Mamiya bags.

More to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, sounds quite a day. It sure sounds like they layed out a red carpet for you!

Wow, 25 total shafts.... that's pretty cool to have one of those in the bag.

Love the pics and the swag is pretty sweet too!

Nate: Did you think after you heard you were getting fit, that maybe your current setup could get changed quite a bit? Or is it close to what you have now.

Shane: Going into the event did you expect anything or just went in with a clear head and let the knowledge soak in?

Question for both of you, Which donut was the best? Haha

My driver: Callaway alpha 815, Daimana D+ 62g. That stiff UST/THP one would go in smoothly. :D

Waaaay behind here...will post up some stuff and then start catching up.

It was an awesome day!

Greeted by swag in the conference room. Awesome hats and Link Soul shirt.

e4f359014eac8dc0d444048180e0dd43.jpg

Luv the pockets!

It's kind of crazy that I left UST Mamiya office a couple hours ago with...
1) a new XR16 driver fit for me by Danny ( love his fitting style by the way, very encouraging, supportive and good at it )

2) two potential shafts that will go in that new head above... We will decide tomorrow during outdoor fitting between an Elements 60g R proto and an HE 50g S

3) a whole bag worth of recoils

Yes that really just happened.

I'm trying to figure out my final custom design still.

5e4d3216c39893d23835611c8d7b89d3.jpg

Just getting caught up here, great pics! Incredible opportunity for you guys!

Okay so my questions for Nate and Shane to ask (they can pick which one they want to ask) are:

1: If UST could only make 1 driver shaft for the next 5 years, do they have that shaft already made and if so which is?

They are currently playing around with new materials. See tennis racquets. No telling what they have 5 years from now.

Nate - What are your expectations of a shaft to match up with the XR16 head?

Bomber! Will see more tomorrow. My biggest thing was bringing my dispersion in tighter. Danny may have done it.

Nate - After learning about UST putter options and technology, how could these change or not change your putting on the greens?

No clue....we didn't get to em.

Nate- What are you expectations from getting a putter shaft? I'm interested to know if you will be able to tell a difference and if it will affect how you approach the green

No putter shafts on this dance.

Nate: What were the first words out of your mouth when they said you'd be getting your whole bag fitted?

"Wait....what did you just say Danny?"

Nate- given the rundown from this morning what surprised you the most?
The passion those at UST have for what they are producing.

Nate: what part of your bag are you most looking forward to getting shaft fit for?

Driver......but now the wedge protos are high on the list.

Big Time- After learning more about the Frequency Putter shafts, would you consider throwing one in
No doubt I would but we'll see.

What a fantastic day today guys. I had a blast trying to keep up with everything that was going on today

Nate: What did you learn today about shafts that you thought you already knew

Shane: Biggest shock of the day

My current driver head is Callaway V Series with a reg flex Mitsubishi bassara 52 gram shaft

Wedge proto shafts

cc79a73182467d2410703a57cf69db44.jpg

3W proto shaft

6164b0fdd880870015f0d86d5fb36078.jpg
Oh my at those proto wedge shafts. Me likey

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Caught up after a few hours at work. Wow! You guys got the VIP treatment. Shaft heaven over there.

When are those sweet wedge shafts going to be available? Christmas in February and no one got you an ugly tie. Outstanding UST.

i wonder how many people are kicking themselves for not entering this. i suspect we'll see a big increase in entries for the next contest!

It's kind of crazy that I left UST Mamiya office a couple hours ago with...
1) a new XR16 driver fit for me by Danny ( love his fitting style by the way, very encouraging, supportive and good at it )

2) two potential shafts that will go in that new head above... We will decide tomorrow during outdoor fitting between an Elements 60g R proto and an HE 50g S

3) a whole bag worth of recoils

Yes that really just happened.

I'm trying to figure out my final custom design still.

5e4d3216c39893d23835611c8d7b89d3.jpg

That AC membership seems like a pretty good bargain.

Just getting caught up, damn there was some awesomeness going on here

Holy Cow again, busy day at work and just got caught up. Absolute rock stars on both sides! UST killing it and Shane and Nate appear to be repping THP to the fullest! Great job guys

Back