The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two broken toes. Pain.

That sucks yo tape those piggies up

Finally get the last 3 kitchen cabinets up on the wall, and realize I have a steady drop in heights all the way around my kitchen. Have some serious re-jigging to do this weekend.

SO much for put up the rail, mount the cabinets, and done.

Word of advice never measure from the floor to set upper cabinets, your floor isn't level. Figure out what side of your floor is high measure from that point to where you want the bottom of your cabinets to be, use a level from that mark to draw a line where the bottom of your cabinets will sit. When you set the lowers start from the high spot and work your way out make sure your level and the gap between upper and lower cabinets is the same.

That sucks yo tape those piggies up

Word of advice never measure from the floor to set upper cabinets, your floor isn't level. Figure out what side of your floor is high measure from that point to where you want the bottom of your cabinets to be, use a level from that mark to draw a line where the bottom of your cabinets will sit. When you set the lowers start from the high spot and work your way out make sure your level and the gap between upper and lower cabinets is the same.

Splinted and taped.

Finally get the last 3 kitchen cabinets up on the wall, and realize I have a steady drop in heights all the way around my kitchen. Have some serious re-jigging to do this weekend.

SO much for put up the rail, mount the cabinets, and done.

I hear you. We're building a cabin. Can't tell you the number of times the father in law has had us tear down walls and such because they weren't done right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bonehead!!!! Guy was loading liquid chloride, was switching tanks and didn't open the valve before he closed the other one and blew the 4 inch line. :banghead: What a mess, of course me and another guy had to clean it up. 2 hours later we get done after hosing everything down and putting every thing back in its place.

Yup, made sure to find the low point of the horribly level ceiling, and went off that. Even with having all the rails level with each other, I am still out. Not a major thing to adjust stuff, but it is going to be awkward to do by myself.

Same situation we're in and it's so fked up. Claim zero and we owe 6 grand. How that's even possible I will never know. Next year we have to pay quarterly to avoid this nonsense.

You get absolutely raped fit being a responsible married couple.
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Didn't you just by like brazillion dollar set of tools, or tool box or something? Can't you write that off?

Yeah, stupid little toes. They don't even do anything.

That sucks. Ones bad enough but two? I feel for ya. Worst part is you can't even really do anything but tape them and deal with it.

Hope the rum helps.

That sucks. Ones bad enough but two? I feel for ya. Worst part is you can't even really do anything but tape them and deal with it.

Hope the rum helps.

Nope, just gotta deal with it.

Well…crap. Just got a phone call that one of my good friends who is not that much older than I am had a heart attack today. From what I am told, they put two (?) stents in and there was no damage done to his heart (?), and he should be ok.

Not the wake up call I was looking for on a Friday afternoon.
Helluva wakeup call.

In my line of work I hate to hear about stuff like this because if your friend hasn't gotten life insurance yet, it will make it quite expensive to do it now. I wish I had gotten more coverage when I was 25 because I can't afford to get any more at 52 and I have zero medical issues. I got enough more in my 30s and 40s (and even a small one last year) that Jacqui will be set financially if I go unexpectedly. Sucks to be worth more dead than alive! (She has plenty also)

Ouch. Hope you were having a better day than yesterday up until that point!
Today was a good day, buddy. I just have to remember to not take everything personal at times.

I said it last time and didn't follow through, but I'm never flying United again.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I said it last time and didn't follow through, but I'm never flying United again.

I'm with you 100% on that one.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I'm with you 100% on that one.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Terrible in general, but the topper is the heinous "customer service"

And of course our second flight is delayed for maintenance.

****!!!!! Some dude just dropped his coffee from mouth level while standing up onto the ground and it splashes everywhere including all over my pant leg. Great way to start out a long travel day.

Yeah that's no way to start the day.

However, are we talking JeffJohn high, or Mward high? Trying to get an idea just how far the splatter could go. I'm sure he's feeling like its no way to start a day of travel too.

Somewhere in between. Up just past the knee.

Damn bro, yeah that sucks

Have to play an inter-club tournament today and I've got some kind of kidney ailment. We are hosting 8 or so other clubs from NW Florida and Alabama in a rotating monthly tournament. I love these, but, I'm hurting. Can't bail at the last minute because it really screws up the pairings. So, I'll be popping 800 mg of ibuprofen and toughing it out.

Oh no v.man. Feel better

One of my co-workers is working with a collaborator to get a big funding grant proposal completed. He asked if I would mind lending some support to the project. I said I didn't and to just let me know what he needed from me. That was about a month ago.

Got in today and read my emails ... over the weekend he sent me a bunch of requests for write-ups, conflict of interest lists, ethical forms, current funding statements, etc. When does he need them? COB today.

You've got to be freaking kidding me ... thanks for screwing me over today dude. Best part, he's out of the country so I can't not only tell him he screwed me, but can't even clarify things with him if I have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back