Home made training aids

NullNomad

Golf Course Miscreant
Reaction score
Handicap
work
Am I the only person that takes old grips and shafts to make something like this to work on hand position and pressure while at work or while watching TV? Simple curiosity...

attachment.php

Never thought of it, but that is a great idea, almost need an iron head on one side and a putter head on the other.

I put it together like this because it fits in my luggage when I travel. Down time in a hotel room, with most of the places I stay, ceiling height allows for a full swing motion if I choose to do so. Not to mention traveling with a "travel putter" just messes with my game since it is no where near the feel of my Scotty.

I like the idea of the addition of the head. Might have to monkey with it and see if I can simulate full shaft and head weight on the next one I put together.

I have used a shoe box to see if my weight shift is proper. I place the box in front of my back leg, take a swing, and if the box tips over to my other leg, then I did it right. If the box falls over, then I did it wrong.

That's a cool idea, going to have to give that a shot. I have been suffering from "over active" legs lately. Causing a nightmare push in my game right now.

Back