How many golf balls do you carry in your bag?

One. If I lose that one I shouldn't have been playing.

EUUieyk.jpg

Usually about 9-12 "new" balls and a handful of olds crappy ones for when I need to release frustration after a bad shot / grip and rip trying to reach a par 4 off the tee or something after I play my 1st ball.

between 12-18 balls. i'm loosing lots of balls right now.

Wow I didn't know everyone carries so much. I carry 6 balls. I feel like its bad luck to play with a Ball I found. I only replace a ball if I lose it or it gets scratched.

Usually have at least 3 sleeves with me. If I am playing a new course that I don't know, I will throw a couple extra in the bag for sure.

Generally 6. Much more than that and the bag starts getting heavy.

Lee Trevino taught me that. But most of the time I keep a reserve of 5-6 hidden in another pocket just in case. Ha!

2 sleeves for me, as I walk I like to keep the bag light

3 rounds in Hilton head in 4 weeks....I thinking dozen and a half

I keep between 9-12.

I usually carry 6. If I lose more than that in a round I have no business being on the course that day. For the unofficial Gauntlet I think I had 15 because I was worried about all the water on the courses. It might sound weird but carrying less balls gives me a little more confidence. I don't want to see a pocket full of balls and think that I might actually need all of them.

For me, it depends on where I am playing. Some courses require (cough, cough) that I bring more than other courses.
Wide fairways means fewer balls.
Narrow fairways and lots of water means more balls.

I usually carry around 8-10 balls in my bag

Way more than I can ever use in a round. I think last time I looked I had two or three dozen "good" balls and like 20 or so found balls. For me at least the added weight isn't much of a factor and I have plenty of space in my bag for all of them and all of my other crap.

I carry about 2 dozen in the compartment that i've designated for balls. I keep another dozen of premium balls (Pro V1's mainly) in a side pocket that I use just for putting or am saving them for when I can actually go a round without losing more than 3 :)

It depends on the course and if I am walking or riding. If riding, then I will toss a good dozen into the bag. When walking I try to keep it lean, 6-9. The less balls in the bag, the smarter I tend to play out on the course :)

I play everyday so I usually have 1 or 2 boxes of new pro v1x in big area of my tour bag.

I open a sleeve everyday, put one ball in cart tray 1 in left pocket provisional and 1 in right pocket I use.

End of round all three get dumped into my good ball used pocket.

I may have a dozen or more in that good ball pocket, when it gets too many I may use them for a few days to trim down that pocket. When balls get scuffed or whatever, I move them to a large shag ball pocket, when that has more than a dozen, I start to hit them into lakes to warm up. LOL

So 1 to 2 dozen new balls that might last 10 days, playing everyday, and a dozen in the good used ball pocket and a dozen in the beater pocket.

I like to play really pristine balls, so usually it's one ball per 9. if I hit a hazard that round, the 3rd ball in a sleeve comes into play.

I don't loose many balls nor do I hit that many hazards.

When you play everyday, you can go through 7 sleeves in a week. So that's why I keep 2 dozen in the bag.

If I'm playing late in the day, I might use the beater balls or the decent balls to hit a lot of practice shots, depending on what I'm working on, on the course I don't hit a lot of balls into greens since I don't want to beat them up, but I might hit a half dozen off a tee to work on something with a driver, like ball flight, 3/4, choke down, whatever.

You start to hit multiple drivers off tees, you forget where they all went, most are in the fairways usually, but you push one, or pull one it's hard to remember where the missed shots went.

Most of the courses I play get very little traffic later in the day, so hitting 3 to 6 drivers is not big deal. But if you started to hit a half dozen shots into a green a ranger would say something, you can beat up a green if you do that.

So 3 to 4 dozen balls in various stages of use. 1 to 2 new dozen, due to lots of daily play. A dozen or so slightly used balls and a dozen beaters that caught a cart part or got torn up from a sand shot or whatever.

Pro V's do show use after 6 to 9 holes.

Last edited:
Wow I didn't know everyone carries so much. I carry 6 balls. I feel like its bad luck to play with a Ball I found. I only replace a ball if I lose it or it gets scratched.

Heh I have played some of my best golf with a found ball. The other day I picked up a scuffed top flight on hole 13 and finished my practice round with it. I was +1 on those last 5 holes. I have never played them that well.. not even close. I cried a little when I lost that ball :D

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Being a huuuuge slicer of the ball, as many as I can stuff into each and every pocket of the bag!

In total I would say about 15 or so. Before each round I usually make sure there are atleast a half dozen of my "gamer" balls in one of my pockets(usually there's around 8 or 9), and I usually keep another half dozen or so of "garbage" balls(they are good balls just not the type I play for my gamer) in another pocket for special circumstances.

Back