Will You Create Your Legacy - 2015 #THPLegacy Event

Match play inherently should move at a faster pace than stroke play. I've seen it occur plenty of times, though, where someone is laying 6 in the bunker and their opponent is laying 2 with a 3-foot putt and the other guy thinks he needs to finish out "just in case" or to "get some reps". Take your medicine, pick up the ball and move on.

Trust me when I say that you don't want to be forced to rush from True Blue to Caledonia on Saturday and not be able to enjoy lunch, a little air conditioning and a cold drink before the afternoon round. It will wear you out physically and mentally...regardless of what kind of physical shape you are in.

At the end of the days, guys, we are going to have an incredible time together in Myrtle Beach. There was nothing demeaning in what Josh said earlier. Frankly, it has to be said because inevitably he is the one who will get yelled at if the pace gets slowed down by our group. Enjoy the amazing new gear, soak up the experience, and have fun playing golf with some great THPers at two of the most beautiful courses you'll ever experience.
Well said

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Nobody said anything even remotely like that and frankly I find this post incredibly insulting.
So looking back, clearly this was a misunderstanding on my part and I overreacted. I apologize for the insult. I'm sure like others have said when we get out there we're all going to have a great time and this isn't going to be a huge issue.

JB on the pace of play, since we dont often realize we are slow, do you, or anyone else Ive played with or around, think there is any part of my game I should work on speeding up? I would rather work on it now than have to try to adapt there.

I don't recall seeing any part of your game that would make you be considered a slow player, but i will keep an eye on it in two weeks.

It's just something that needs to be said. No one ever thinks they are slow. Just take our last event for example...we had 29 carts of THPers, and I believe 5-6 were actually on pace and they were all in the same area. Other than that, every other cart was behind, and a lot were almost 20-30 minutes behind. It just happens unfortunately and it's nothing personal to any person in particular. It's golfers in general and it just needs to be stated.

This is so true. We passed JB on our 15th hole and there was a group 35+ mins behind pace. Some people dont realize they are slow or their group is slow. Keep up with the group in front and if you see they are getting away from you then you know you are falling off pace.

Hit 200 balls tonight. I'm tired, my hands are blistered but it's all part of what it takes to create my Legacy. It started for me last year on these courses you guys will be playing in a few weeks. Despite not playing, it won't stop me from preparing and making my Legacy something I can be proud of.

Bret and I played 27 holes today with 104 heat index in the Orlando area. It was absolutely brutal. One of the other players with our group of 12 basically passed out had to have an ambulance called. The heat issues are very real. Get ready.

Tithe participants: have stopped and smelled the roses? Mean have you taken a moment to just stop and see how freaking lucky we all are to have this awesome opportunity.

Tithe participants: have stopped and smelled the roses? Mean have you taken a moment to just stop and see how freaking lucky we all are to have this awesome opportunity.

So true dude. To many times when events are done you hear guys say, "I wish I would have stopped to take in all that this opportunity is providing" I know games are being dialed in, but you can work and still appreciate IMO

How can I not. Everyday when I start day dreaming about July 24, I think about what an opportunity I have been given. I am so grateful for this, and I don't really think words can or ever will do justice for how grateful I truly am.

I'd be straight up lying if I said I didn't spend time thinking about what my bag is going to be like for this event. Some of it is nerves. Did I pick the best clubs for playing my best? Time will tell, but that Friday morning on the range is going to be absolutely special! And I have no idea what's in store hahaha

Well I just finished up my worst round in about 5 years. Tee woes continue but I am glad it happened now I learned a lot from it and will continue to learn. Before I may have taken a few weeks off but now I am identifying what went wrong and working on it. In the end I feel I will be a much better golfer by learning to grind through tough times. I still hit some fantastic shots so I know it is still there. One thing to note I need to do a better job leaving my swing thoughts on the range and just getting into the round and my shot not picking things out in my swing each shot.

Well I just finished up my worst round in about 5 years. Tee woes continue but I am glad it happened now I learned a lot from it and will continue to learn. Before I may have taken a few weeks off but now I am identifying what went wrong and working on it. In the end I feel I will be a much better golfer by learning to grind through tough times. I still hit some fantastic shots so I know it is still there. One thing to note I need to do a better job leaving my swing thoughts on the range and just getting into the round and my shot not picking things out in my swing each shot.

Good stuff buddy! Im
looking forward to hanging with you and everyone else down in Myrtle. Polarized by teams but that's only on the course to a certain extent. I honestly want everyone to be playing the best golf of their lives in July. Let the chips fall where they may.

Just caught up a bit on the thread. Looks like participants are gearing up as of late as they get closer.

Good stuff buddy! Im
looking forward to hanging with you and everyone else down in Myrtle. Polarized by teams but that's only on the course to a certain extent. I honestly want everyone to be playing the best golf of their lives in July. Let the chips fall where they may.
I feel the exact same. I am hoping we see 16 people shoot their personal best down there. I know I will be ready set backs are needed to make the end result that much better.

Just caught up a bit on the thread. Looks like participants are gearing up as of late as they get closer.
This event is going to be "Big Time"
:)

Sounds like each team has some Big Time participants ready to do some Big Time things in the next few month!
Next few weeks! It's almost here!

Sounds like each team has some Big Time participants ready to do some Big Time things in the next few month!
There is only one Big Time! However you and several others have left a great impression for many of us what it should look like.

I can't wait to follow along as well! I have friends on both teams so it's hard to root for one...

Hey guys. Some of you know, but I've been pulled away from Legacy prep & pretty much everything else since Monday due to a family emergency.

My dad was in a bad accident & is still in the ICU with pretty severe head trauma & a broken hip. After several days of being unresponsive, he started stirring yesterday & opened his eyes & squeezed our hands a little today. The doc said they would keep him sedated & intubated until after his hip surgery Monday, so there is still a long way to go before we know If there is any brain damage or how long the recovery will be.

Since we've been at the hospital, I've been amazed at the number of people who have come to visit. I've heard story after story about my dad & how he's touched other people's lives. That's the legacy I want.

I'll get back to Legacy prep & participating in the forum soon. Thanks for all the thoughts & prayers.

Hey guys. Some of you know, but I've been pulled away from Legacy prep & pretty much everything else since Monday due to a family emergency.

My dad was in a bad accident & is still in the ICU with pretty severe head trauma & a broken hip. After several days of being unresponsive, he started stirring yesterday & opened his eyes & squeezed our hands a little today. The doc said they would keep him sedated & intubated until after his hip surgery Monday, so there is still a long way to go before we know If there is any brain damage or how long the recovery will be.

Since we've been at the hospital, I've been amazed at the number of people who have come to visit. I've heard story after story about my dad & how he's touched other people's lives. That's the legacy I want.

I'll get back to Legacy prep & participating in the forum soon. Thanks for all the thoughts & prayers.
Had no idea Tom. Thoughts and prayers with your father and your family buddy.

Sorry to hear it Tom, if there is anything I can do for you dude please let me know.

Thoughts will be with you and your family Tom. Please let us know of any positive news

So sorry to hear about your dad Tom. Thoughts and prayers heading your way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back