What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

Found a few Chrome Soft' @ Olde Stonewall and really liked it. Gonna buy a dozen to give them a whirl!

Bought a box of B-Stone Rx and really like the way they played for me. Not much side to side movement off the driver, and felt a lot softer than my 330-S that I usually play. Also, a bit of extra distance off the tee. Even with a faster swing speed than is recommended for them, I didn't see any ballooning. I've found that I don't need anywhere near the spin I did in Hawaii to hold greens around here, so that negates the need for the 330-S. Heck, you can stop a Top-flight on a dime with a partial wedge shot on the courses around here. I might start playing these exclusively, as they are a bit cheaper than the regular 330 balls, and perform great for what I need right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been playing the Callaway Chrome Soft since I got back from #TheKing and I really like it. Going to be in play when I play in the Illinois Open Qualifier in a 10 days. Really love the feel of the ball and the way it checks up on my chips/pitches. Love it!

Question for those gaming lower compression balls. How do you feel the distance is on them compared to a more tour ball compression. I personally have concern that these balls might play a bit shorter off the tee but because of the compression they feel so pure and soft that have misleading sensory feedback.

played Pro V1 today. Played well, probably because I kept thinking " This is a ProV1, don't lose it".

played Pro V1 today. Played well, probably because I kept thinking " This is a ProV1, don't lose it".

This is why I can't play the ProV1s and stick to e6s for the time being.

Wilson Duo. Might be my favorite ball ever.

Wilson Duo. Might be my favorite ball ever.

Are you playing the regular one or the spin one?

I keep meaning to pick up some of these to try.

Are you playing the regular one or the spin one?

I keep meaning to pick up some of these to try.
Regular. Just an awesome ball for me. Good off the tee and good around the greens. And an absolute steal in terms of pricing.

Question for those gaming lower compression balls. How do you feel the distance is on them compared to a more tour ball compression. I personally have concern that these balls might play a bit shorter off the tee but because of the compression they feel so pure and soft that have misleading sensory feedback.
I played Wilson Duo - I found no significant distance loss (if any) off the tee, and actually gained distances with my wedges. Driver SS is roughly 103.

I have started playing with a few year old Srixon Trispeed, and I really like them. I can buy them quite cheap at the moment. Do anyone have any experience with that ball and can get your opinions?
I found them to be a little hard, did not spin around the greens.
I am not sure what your price range is, but I prefer the Wilson Staff Duo and Callaway Supersoft to the Trispeed - in every aspect of my game. Both are softer compression, both spin more around the greens.

I played Wilson Duo - I found no significant distance loss (if any) off the tee, and actually gained distances with my wedges. Driver SS is roughly 103.
That's good feedback. My SS is similar. I notice that Phil is is gaming the chrome soft, which surprised me.

Played the Super Soft for the front 9 today and the Wilson Duo for the back 9. Really enjoyed both balls. Had better drives with the super soft and better iron shots with the Duo. Both performed similar around the greens

Recently switched from the Callaway Hex Chrome to the Callaway Hex Chrome+. As my swing speed increased and my driving improved, I gave it a try, as it's a bit firmer and has an extra layer.

Really happy with its performance. Picked up a some distance off the tee, but what I love most is the spin around the greens.

I played the b330s again today. I like the ball, especially for the price right now. I'm tempted to go pick up a dozen chrome soft and try them.

Gave the Chrome Soft a try today - conditions were damp after the rain overnight and this morning so it was difficult to get a true feel for them, but I was impressed with how they handled the course

The shot that most impressed me was a 9i that I hit very thin, the ball never got above 15ft or so so I expected the ball to fly through the green yet it actually took a couple bounces and stopped just short of pin high. This would never have happened with the e6 I used last year

I liked the feel off all of the club's and I can't necessarily attribute it to the ball but my putting today was a lot better than the last round I played with the 330S

Played the B330RX again today and didn't lose a ball so that's a good thing. This ball isn't as solid off the tee as the e6, but man does it work around the greens.

Played Top Flite Gamer Tour today. My game wasn't on, but it wasn't the balls fault. A lot of spin on the greens, soft feel. Same distance on drives and irons.

Jack

I went back to the Supersoft. I just love the feel too much. I just have to deal with the extra bounce during the summer.

I get more ball speed with them, and as a result, more distance off the tee. My best drives in a round with a PV1 will be around 270-275 total, but are closer to 290 total with the Laddiex or Duo.

I use most anything ... lately I've been using Srixon Z star, DT solo and TF D2. Don't spin the ball much, so it really doesn't matter much to me at all ...

B330 RX love the ball and the new price. I have been stocking up on them since they dropped the price to $34.99. Can't beat this ball especially at that price I hope they keep in down. Ball is just great from tee to green and feels great off the club as well.

Some Precept, I think it was called the laddie or something. I was at a scramble outing yesterday and I won a sleeve of these, it just so happens that right after I won them the next hole was a tight par 4 with woods on both sides. So figure instead of taking the chance of losing a ProV1 I would use these Precepts. Long story short, I hit probably my best drive of the day with them and I came away thoroughly impressed. They were so soft, yet I was still hitting them long and they had no problem holding any of the greens(Granite I do hit the ball high). This may just turn into my colder weather ball.

Srixon AD333, boy do my irons eat balls.

They're harder then the SuperSoft, spin less around the green and have another outer layer. Other then that they're good balls. :)

B330 RX love the ball and the new price. I have been stocking up on them since they dropped the price to $34.99. Can't beat this ball especially at that price I hope they keep in down. Ball is just great from tee to green and feels great off the club as well.

A couple of sites (Hurricane Golf comes to mind) have them listed at 29.99. Just confirmed they're still at that price on Hurricane Golf this morning.

Back