My wife thinks that she wants to move to iPhone 6 (she has a 4s now). I am an Android guy and really don't care for the IOS platform. The main problem will be that she will want me to do all the set up and at this point you can fit what I know about the iPhone in a thimble.

Back up the 4s to iCloud. Then when you turn on the 6 and start setup it'll give you the option to use the backup from the 4s. It's very easy. Just make sure you backup the 4s to the cloud first otherwise you'll have to use iTunes to set up the new phone and who wants to use a computer in 2015? lol

Back up the 4s to iCloud. Then when you turn on the 6 and start setup it'll give you the option to use the backup from the 4s. It's very easy. Just make sure you backup the 4s to the cloud first otherwise you'll have to use iTunes to set up the new phone and who wants to use a computer in 2015? lol

Pretty funny.....I actually don't anymore thanks to the cloud.

Pretty funny.....I actually don't anymore thanks to the cloud.

I don't use one at home. I'll probably go the iPad Pro route when/if it comes out. My iPad 2 is on it's last legs.

I do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

847adf26f635a2687ccb37abce73a641.jpg

Apple Magic Mouse for comparison.

First post from my new iPhone 6! So far I'm happy I went with the 6 over the plus. Seems to be the perfect size for me. Just interested in this battery life

First post from my new iPhone 6! So far I'm happy I went with the 6 over the plus. Seems to be the perfect size for me. Just interested in this battery life

So many jokes about used to something smaller....:alien:

Most of the review sites and benchmarks have it not great. Apparently THPers success is much better however.

So many jokes about used to something smaller....:alien:

Most of the review sites and benchmarks have it not great. Apparently THPers success is much better however.

Lol I knew it as soon as I posted it

As long as it lasts you a full day you should be good.

I don't have any issues with the battery on my 6 and I'm a heavy user. I don't need to carry a charger round with me like I did with my 5. I did originally get the 6 plus but returned it. Apple had the chance to make that a great phone but by simply making it an oversized 6, they ended up with a phone that is ergonomically all wrong. The top and bottom bezels aren't needed and make the phone a pain to use. If Apple make the 6 plus S without the top and bottom bezels, every other phone manufacturer may as well give up!

I don't have any issues with the battery on my 6 and I'm a heavy user. I don't need to carry a charger round with me like I did with my 5. I did originally get the 6 plus but returned it. Apple had the chance to make that a great phone but by simply making it an oversized 6, they ended up with a phone that is ergonomically all wrong. The top and bottom bezels aren't needed and make the phone a pain to use. If Apple make the 6 plus S without the top and bottom bezels, every other phone manufacturer may as well give up!
I agree the bezels make it way to big for '' only '' a 5.5'' screen. However I was under the impression that was a result of how thin the phone was, the extra real estate was needed for fitting the internals.

iPhone 6

Been using the 6+ ever since this happened to my 6....
bdea80f66a597139c9bba4a45532d4fe.jpg

Falling out of a doorless Jeep at 45mph will do that to any phone, though.
Battery on the 6+ is great. However, it seems that every generation of iPhone takes a step back in the "it just works" department. A lot of bugs and quirks, but nothing I can't handle.
As for Swype on the iPhone. Nah.... Gimme SwiftKey every day. So much better!

I agree the bezels make it way to big for '' only '' a 5.5'' screen. However I was under the impression that was a result of how thin the phone was, the extra real estate was needed for fitting the internals.

That is what Tim Cook said on CNBC.

iPhone 6

That is what Tim Cook said on CNBC.

Well, Mr. Cook & Co. need to just give up on skinny and go for short. I'd rather have a short and healthy chick than an extremely skinny and tall one. More comfortable to hold on to! Same goes for phones...

Well, Mr. Cook & Co. need to just give up on skinny and go for short. I'd rather have a short and healthy chick than an extremely skinny and tall one. More comfortable to hold on to! Same goes for phones...

Agree completely, I think LG and Motorola and others have it right, skinny on the sides with the gradual rise to the middle.

iPhone 6

Are they? That's quite likely, although I had read it was Johnny Ive that had insisted on them to keep the phone symmetry. I fix these things for a living and the 6 plus isn't exactly tightly packed inside, although the battery would have to be smaller without the bezels. Of course, the battery is one of the big selling points of this phone. I think the Apple boffins need to come up with a work around though so the frame doesn't go out much past the screen like on the larger android phones.

Are they? That's quite likely, although I had read it was Johnny Ive that had insisted on them to keep the phone symmetry. I fix these things for a living and the 6 plus isn't exactly tightly packed inside, although the battery would have to be smaller without the bezels. Of course, the battery is one of the big selling points of this phone. I think the Apple boffins need to come up with a work around though so the frame doesn't go out much past the screen like on the larger android phones.

I have no idea, but losing battery size would be a huge no no to me. Althought you would think they could go smaller since the phones specs are so much behind compared to other phones with similar size batteries and similar battery life.

I can pick up a used 5 for $100.00 and no contract or a new 6 for $100.00 with a 2 year contract. What are the pros / cons for the 6 over the 5 and vice versa. Both are 64 gigs.

#Team441 for the win in Legacy.

Last edited:
I can pick up a used 5 for $100.00 and no contract or a new 6 for $100.00 with a 2 year contract. What are the pros / cons for the 6 over the 5 and vice versa. Both are 64 gigs.

Where can you get a 64 gig 5 fir 100? I have been looking for one for my mom and best I can find is around 225 for a 5 that is 16gig. I am in Verizon

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'd go for the 6 in a heartbeat. Better battery, better design (the rounded edges feel so much better in the hand than the squared off edges on the 5), bigger screen, higher resolution, better camera, faster processor, Apple pay........

My nephew has the 5 and wants to sell it. I was gonna offer him $125.00 to cover his shipping and a bit extra, but my wife wants the 6.

6 over 5 every day of the week.

I have a question for the 6+ folks. I've only read the last 10 pages or so so please forgive me if this was discussed earlier in the thread. Upgrading my phone this week and planned to go with the 6 but this thread has me pondering. FOr background, I', coming from a 4S and not what I would call a power user. My kids on the other hand are power users and each have the 6. They love the phone but are constantly running out of battery. I don't see this being a problem for me but maybe I'm wrong. My biggest concern is the size. I'm 51 and like most others my age, my vision is going to chyte! The idea of a bigger screen is very attractive but my biggest concern is how in the heck do you guys carry that thing around? Does it fit in your pocket? Not a huge issue in the winter with coats etc, but when wearing golf shorts and shirts, it seems kind of awkward. Thoughts?

It does fit in my pocket - shorts, jeans, and work pants. It's heavy as hell, but I also have one of those stupid otter box cases on it.

Like the phone though. Battery life is crazy good compared to what I had before, but I'm always leery of making any long term observations like that when phones are new. As for now, I'm getting 24-36 hours on a charge and I use the hell out of it.

I have a question for the 6+ folks. I've only read the last 10 pages or so so please forgive me if this was discussed earlier in the thread. Upgrading my phone this week and planned to go with the 6 but this thread has me pondering. FOr background, I', coming from a 4S and not what I would call a power user. My kids on the other hand are power users and each have the 6. They love the phone but are constantly running out of battery. I don't see this being a problem for me but maybe I'm wrong. My biggest concern is the size. I'm 51 and like most others my age, my vision is going to chyte! The idea of a bigger screen is very attractive but my biggest concern is how in the heck do you guys carry that thing around? Does it fit in your pocket? Not a huge issue in the winter with coats etc, but when wearing golf shorts and shirts, it seems kind of awkward. Thoughts?

I have a similar sized phone and I have no problem carrying it around. My parents are both in their 50's and have gone to 5.5" screens and love it. My dad went from the 6 to the 6+ reluctantly, but now he wouldn't go back for anything. His vision is deteriorating and he LOVES the bigger screen.

I have yet to have a problem with it fitting into any pocket. That being said, I'm not walking around in skinny jeans or tight shorts. I frequently wear golf shorts and have no issues and that's even with a relatively slim protection case on the phone.

Back