Lajosi Putters Thread

Shut it GregDan I'm working on it!!!!
I just like messing with you. No rush my man. It's safe and sound here. ?

I swear... I do not know if I have had a longer month's wait. I cannot freaking wait until he starts my custom.

I hear you man. I've been waiting for that magical email telling me he started mine. Based on everything we've seen the wait should be worth it!

Got some awesome news today. I had emailed Kari last night wanting to make a change to the model I'm going with and he let me know it is planned to go on the CNC this weekend! I cannot wait to see how this comes out! I am so dang pumped up for golf season this year!

I removed the Odyssey from the bag because I just can't get used to the dumb insert and put the Lajosi back in for yesterday's round. I'm glad I did because the Lajosi just feels like home for me and instantly my lag putting and distance control was miles better, and I didn't really give up anything on short putts draining all the ones I needed to.

I'm still not that happy with the finish on my Lajosi as it's proving to be pretty weak and wears easily, but the putter itself is fantastic.

I removed the Odyssey from the bag because I just can't get used to the dumb insert and put the Lajosi back in for yesterday's round. I'm glad I did because the Lajosi just feels like home for me and instantly my lag putting and distance control was miles better, and I didn't really give up anything on short putts draining all the ones I needed to.

I'm still not that happy with the finish on my Lajosi as it's proving to be pretty weak and wears easily, but the putter itself is fantastic.
Did you ever contact Kari about the finish?

Did you ever contact Kari about the finish?
I sent an email but never heard back. Maybe he didnt get it or it got lost or something?
I will pursue it further one day but right now I want to use it.

I sent an email but never heard back. Maybe he didnt get it or it got lost or something?
I will pursue it further one day but right now I want to use it.
Email him again. He's backlogged like crazy right now, but that's no excuse. I've owned 10 or so of his plated putters and there's no reason for that finish to be failing, he should definitely fix it for you.

Out of curiosity has anyone received an update on the production time? Mine was supposed to go in a couple of weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since. I've sent a couple of emails, most recent being today, asking about it and haven't received anything back regarding the time frame. I placed my order December 22nd and am just excited for it. I'm sure he is swamped right now, just curious if anyone else has heard a time frame lately?

Out of curiosity has anyone received an update on the production time? Mine was supposed to go in a couple of weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since. I've sent a couple of emails, most recent being today, asking about it and haven't received anything back regarding the time frame. I placed my order December 22nd and am just excited for it. I'm sure he is swamped right now, just curious if anyone else has heard a time frame lately?
Been really, really, really hit and miss lately for me. I've got 3 refinishes that should be headed home and was talking about another new to him putter head shape, but its been pretty quiet.

Been really, really, really hit and miss lately for me. I've got 3 refinishes that should be headed home and was talking about another new to him putter head shape, but its been pretty quiet.

Thanks Jman. It's a little more comforting knowing others are experiencing this also.

I am at a little over two months and I have tried reaching out to him about a few things and I haven't heard a word.

I understand business is booming, but no communication will make me an one time customer without a doubt. I was told 8-10 weeks when he first told me about doing it. I understand it may be longer, just communicate that.

I am sure the work will be incredible, but the communication has been less than ideal.

I'll get into it more when I get my team to the tournament today and have a chance to breath, but I had a great convo with Kari about everything. There's legitimately a lot going on and he's a one man show right now, not making excuses but I can assure you there's no intent to upset anyone.

I am at a little over two months and I have tried reaching out to him about a few things and I haven't heard a word.

I understand business is booming, but no communication will make me an one time customer without a doubt. I was told 8-10 weeks when he first told me about doing it. I understand it may be longer, just communicate that.

I am sure the work will be incredible, but the communication has been less than ideal.

I would agree with you here.
I said the same thing about another brand in a shaft thread.
If a big company does this, they get crucified. Business is business and someone deciding to go the route of personal and custom, has to make the entire experience personal and custom.

It takes 5 seconds to send an email, even saying stock information like "I have not forgot about you, Im working hard on your design and some things have popped up. Please be patient and give me a few days and I will get to your response in detail".

I would agree with you here.
I said the same thing about another brand in a shaft thread.
If a big company does this, they get crucified. Business is business and someone deciding to go the route of personal and custom, has to make the entire experience personal and custom.

It takes 5 seconds to send an email, even saying stock information like "I have not forgot about you, Im working hard on your design and some things have popped up. Please be patient and give me a few days and I will get to your response in detail".

This is exactly my thought. I do not care if the time has doubled.

Shoot me an email just to let me know that things are slammed. I am perfectly fine with that, I like that business is booming for you, but I do not like being left in the dark about things.

My exact words to a friend last weekend were that the putter was solid, but I don't think I'd order from Kari again.
I mean, I'd complain about the communication but there isn't any.

I did receive a response overnight regarding my most recent email. It sounds like my putter has been milled and he is planning on getting the engraving done over the Easter weekend. Then next week it should be off to the welder and plater, so there is definitely progress.

I do agree with JB and Sanzabar though. My only complaint through this whole process has been communication. There have been a couple of emails that I sent where I received no response. Like JB said, some sort of canned response would have been good enough for me. If it was going to take longer than anticipated, no biggie but I would just like to know that.

It is a really tough mix of patience and excitement. I tend to lean on the "take 30 minutes out of your day and spend it with those who pay the bills to make sure they are happy" but we're all different I suppose.

On the plus side, you want a custom putter at a great price, and I'm certain Kari will deliver. When he does, I'll be enjoying the creations as you guys post photos of your new sticks!

It is a really tough mix of patience and excitement. I tend to lean on the "take 30 minutes out of your day and spend it with those who pay the bills to make sure they are happy" but we're all different I suppose.

On the plus side, you want a custom putter at a great price, and I'm certain Kari will deliver. When he does, I'll be enjoying the creations as you guys post photos of your new sticks!

I said the same thing in a recent shaft thread and was told it was bias. Its par for the course, but as someone that works a lot of hours, its amazing what a tiny bit of communication does. It takes 5 minutes to go through all of them and go from there. If its health concerns, business concerns or anything else, its very easy to respond tactfully and not leave people waiting.

We are not talking about 5000 putters per year. We are talking about a very limited item where people are ordering the piece, the process and artist/craftsmanship. If consumers wanted no communication and a regular putter, they can go to a big box store. And heck, they can talk to the person that designed it right on Twitter (not all companies of course).

I hope he gets it squared away. I just wish people realized that the communication is sometimes as important as the work.

Received a kind message from Kari today!!

I said the same thing in a recent shaft thread and was told it was bias. Its par for the course, but as someone that works a lot of hours, its amazing what a tiny bit of communication does. It takes 5 minutes to go through all of them and go from there. If its health concerns, business concerns or anything else, its very easy to respond tactfully and not leave people waiting.

We are not talking about 5000 putters per year. We are talking about a very limited item where people are ordering the piece, the process and artist/craftsmanship. If consumers wanted no communication and a regular putter, they can go to a big box store. And heck, they can talk to the person that designed it right on Twitter (not all companies of course).

I hope he gets it squared away. I just wish people realized that the communication is sometimes as important as the work.

I agree with this 1000%. Earlier this week I canceled an order through a different putter maker (no need to mention name) that hadn't responded to emails in over 6 weeks. I had to file a claim through PayPal, and the next day I miraculously received an email from him. I respectfully declined to continue with the process.

I've got a pretty sweet new head-shape being done by Kari that mimics the Mills Fleetwood, maybe my favorite shape ever. Cannot wait to see the proto-head and see what tweaks are made. Lots of possibilities for different necks with the head/shape so that really really really excites me (and scares my wallet).

I've got a pretty sweet new head-shape being done by Kari that mimics the Mills Fleetwood, maybe my favorite shape ever. Cannot wait to see the proto-head and see what tweaks are made. Lots of possibilities for different necks with the head/shape so that really really really excites me (and scares my wallet).
Congrats. Looking forward to seeing the pictures as the project moves forward.

Well I got a little sneak peak sent to me before it headed to the welder.

fq5ucSgYoQy3x5xiDry2sJan311gwRhbfLAM-XuaTOmh7jYb1FrssCvaKwrPgww36Lt4=w2881-h5118-no

PCmqFgVl6Q9Ma1LpHPSw-89oGUzRG2r51ISuBzykL6HZxVfEDlkl44HtFxKGzCwVsOSK=w2881-h5118-no

RkumgF7YRksTqOrID6PglmAnRVZMh0gr_ZMo4D2sXBhfNLZZ486UlmvOj4GbN-VrPOEk=w2881-h5118-no

This will be something that will be passed down to one of my kids someday. The lizards are for each member of our family and has my wife's initials on one and the other two have my kids nicknames. I can't wait to see the final result!

Love love love the wrap around lizard on that one Kev. Even more I love the sentimentality, very very cool.

Back