Official 2012 - 2013 NCAA Basketball Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was funny after the Miami game:

GamblePhotobomb_original.gif

Doug McDermott hasn't impressed me whenever I watch him.

My avatar somes up the end of this game.

Might be my avatar for a while.

When else have you watched him? The kid can flat out play

Saw him during the regular season a couple times and Friday and tonight. I guess I just don't see it. Weak on the boards, decent jumper, and good touch around the rim. Not a very good defender either. I think he's going to suck at the NBA level.

Shocked that they haven't even talked about the botched call in the studio yet. Ridiculous.

Saw him during the regular season a couple times and Friday and tonight. I guess I just don't see it. Weak on the boards, decent jumper, and good touch around the rim. Not a very good defender either. I think he's going to suck at the NBA level.

There are plenty of college players who aren't really fit for the NBA. He might be one of them.. So what you are saying is he cannot rebound? He averaged 8 boards a game this season...

The way that Duke looks tonight, even if they win, they're going to get the absolute crap beaten out of them by Michigan State in the next round.

There are plenty of college players who aren't really fit for the NBA. He might be one of them.. So what you are saying is he cannot rebound? He averaged 8 boards a game this season...

Big difference. He can rebound, but he's weak on the boards. I can't really recall seeing him challenge anyone for a rebound. He gets a lot of rebounds that have already hit the floor or fall right into his lap. Otherwise he tends to shy away. Echinique (sp?) does all the dirty work for him.

Big difference. He can rebound, but he's weak on the boards. I can't really recall seeing him challenge anyone for a rebound. He gets a lot of rebounds that have already hit the floor or fall right into his lap. Otherwise he tends to shy away. Echinique (sp?) does all the dirty work for him.

That is Creighton's big man?

I guess I just don't see why you don't think he is a good player. #2 in scoring in the NCAA this year.. Averages 8 boards a game, 56% shooting, and only 2 turnovers. The kid is extremely talented

McDermott reminds me of Jimmer Fredette. Just Jimmer could shoot.

That is Creighton's big man?

I guess I just don't see why you don't think he is a good player. #2 in scoring in the NCAA this year.. Averages 8 boards a game, 56% shooting, and only 2 turnovers. The kid is extremely talented

Yeah, he's their big man. He's talented, yeah. But he played well against weak competition. There are a lot of forwards I'd take over him.

Yeah, he's their big man. He's talented, yeah. But he played well against weak competition. There are a lot of forwards I'd take over him.

30 points against Wisconsin, 34 against Cal, 22 against St. Marys, 41 in a game against Wichita State, and so far 21 against Duke tonight.. ya weak competition for sure

30 points against Wisconsin, 34 against Cal, 22 against St. Marys, 41 in a game against Wichita State, and so far 21 against Duke tonight.. ya weak competition for sure

I hate to say it but I am with Charlie on this one, he is a good player but he is going to score a lot; he is the teams first, second and third option.

Anyone else feel like this game is dragging on? One or two possessions than a time out.

I honestly am not going to debate it any further. I don't like Creighton and I am not a Doug McDermott homer by any means, I just think he is a very good player

I honestly am not going to debate it any further. I don't like Creighton and I am not a Doug McDermott homer by any means, I just think he is a very good player

Late to the party here but considering how much attention he gets from other teams and is still able to put those numbers up speaks volume to his ability. Like you said, no one said he was going to be an NBA star (may become a decent role player though) but he has taken the team on his back the last 2 years despite being in every opposing players cross hairs.

Go buckeyes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back