2015 Weight Loss and Nutrition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to go out of town this weekend. Is it weird that I plan to bring my own food so I am not tempted to eat poorly? I know where we are going my healthy/good choices will be limited so I am just going to bring them with me.

Not at all. That's actually really smart planning. Plan ahead so you don't make poor decisions when you get busy or off schedule. Especially the late nights, not many healthy options then.

It really is much easier to get into the habit when your spouse is in on it too. I'd never had made it 3 weeks if my wife wasn't preparing a lot of our meals (teacher - summer break) and doing the various shopping for vegetables and such i had never heard of before.

Agreed. It's tough when one spouse is bringing in the bad stuff.....

Love hummus and carrots. Its a go to for me here at work.

Its funny what a difference 7lbs makes, I feel better, I look better, and my clothes fit a TON better. I can't imagine what 15 more will feel like...or how it will destroy my wardrobe hahahaha

Welcome to my world James! I've had to buy new clothes and have started selling and donating some of the old that I can't wear anymore. Its a good problem to have!

Frozen bananas and 1/2 cup of skim milk in Vitamix for 2 minutes = amazing milk shake and less than 2 points.

Frozen bananas and 1/2 cup of skim milk in Vitamix for 2 minutes = amazing milk shake and less than 2 points.

All praise the mighty Vitamix. I kept getting lesser brands for years, finally threw down for one and I use it all the time. Soups & healthy smoothies are huge to my improved eating.

I know some swear by the nutri bullit or whatever but I think talking the wife into buying a vitamix was the best appliance we've purchased. Use it every morning and it's a beast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

had my yearly physical today, dr was so impressed she gave me a hug. 274 lbs, down 124 lbs. bp was 124 over 74, pulse was 68, ekg was great. she told me to keep doing what I am doing and I should be on tv!

I look great, I feel great and dr told I am in great shape, what day!

had my yearly physical today, dr was so impressed she gave me a hug. 274 lbs, down 124 lbs. bp was 124 over 74, pulse was 68, ekg was great. she told me to keep doing what I am doing and I should be on tv!

its always good when the doctor is happy. Outstanding job!

Great job mike. Keep at it, all the hard work is definitely showing

Another breakfast that I've been having that has really kept me full for longer than a lot of things - one serving of 2% green yogurt (plain) with a 1/4 cup of granola mixed in. Sometimes fruit on top if I have it. Comes in at about 300 calories (170 for granola, 140 for yogurt), and is really filling.

Just got on the scale after a full work week. 235 lbs down 6 from Monday Morning. Pretty pleased, but I'm going to push on through till I see sub 210.

Just got on the scale after a full work week. 235 lbs down 6 from Monday Morning. Pretty pleased, but I'm going to push on through till I see sub 210.

Anything particular you are doing to lose 6 in a week?

Official weigh in this morning. The first week I am down from 241.1 to 236.1 so off to a good start. I know all weeks won't be this good, but I am in the mode where I want more of it so that's a good thing.

Official weigh in this morning. The first week I am down from 241.1 to 236.1 so off to a good start. I know all weeks won't be this good, but I am in the mode where I want more of it so that's a good thing.

Dude that's awesome. I started the week at 210 and I'm 205 this morning. If I can find a way to incorporate some cardio it will go down fast

Great work, fup. Some weeks might not be as high in numbers, but just focus on the direction. Great start.

I was around 257 and some change roughly 3 weeks ago and weighed in at 243 this morning. I've changed nothing but cutting out almost all alcohol. I had 4 beers on one night last weekend and had 4 last night. I'll probably have a few more since it's labor day weekend but the weight loss will help me keep it in check.

I was around 257 and some change roughly 3 weeks ago and weighed in at 243 this morning. I've changed nothing but cutting out almost all alcohol. I had 4 beers on one night last weekend and had 4 last night. I'll probably have a few more since it's labor day weekend but the weight loss will help me keep it in check.

Drinking Michelob ultra?

Was 204.0 this morning, makes 8lbs. Sub 200 for Disney should be reality, crazy.

Was 204.0 this morning, makes 8lbs. Sub 200 for Disney should be reality, crazy.
Beast! Harry isn't gonna know what hit him.

Beast! Harry isn't gonna know what hit him.
190 by December doesn't seem that bad or far fetched right now. Maybe I can even do better.

190 by December doesn't seem that bad or far fetched right now. Maybe I can even do better.
Don't want to lose too much. Your headbutts won't be as effective.

Im right on pace for my goal come December as well. 175 is in my sights and by next week will be sub 190.

Im right on pace for my goal come December as well. 175 is in my sights and by next week will be sub 190.
We will be shells of our former selves haha

I already look in the mirror and am amazed at what 8lbs has done, especially in my face.

We will be shells of our former selves haha

I already look in the mirror and am amazed at what 8lbs has done, especially in my face.

My Callaway polo already fits better then it did in Savannah.

My Callaway polo already fits better then it did in Savannah.

Its funny you mention that because quite a few of my pants I purchased recently are now too big. Time to take them in to have hemmed, this way there is no turning back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back