Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Struggling with driver swing but hitting 3 wood well, so this always makes me ponder a mini driver or strong 3 wood...so mini Bertha is on my mind, wondering how well I'd hit that thing.

What length do most people play the mini drivers at?

I'm deciding on a 4 hybrid to possibly replace my 3 and 4 iron.

Wondering if i should got a XR or Big Bertha. Leaning more towards the Bertha due to thw lost adjustment.

picked up 19 degree and 27 degree XR hybrids, stock, out of "the bin" at a local golf town, $40 each (looking for a 24 as well) . Using these to replace 5 , 4,3 irons

Tried outside for the first time yesterday. Fit my swing. Helped me match my lowest 9 hole ever, a 42. No mishits. Really like the lack of crap on the heads

I think this qualifies but I want to get fit for clubs. I can't afford to pay an arm and a leg for clubs but I would really like to see some of my options after a fitting.

picked up 19 degree and 27 degree XR hybrids, stock, out of "the bin" at a local golf town, $40 each (looking for a 24 as well) . Using these to replace 5 , 4,3 irons

Tried outside for the first time yesterday. Fit my swing. Helped me match my lowest 9 hole ever, a 42. No mishits. Really like the lack of crap on the heads

Oh wow. I am looking for this exact lofts in XR hybrids and those deals are a steal. Hope you hit them well.

Pondering a 3 wood shaft for my XR16 head on its way. I have a Project X LZ for my driver but havent got it tipped yet to see if i like it. Maybe take the one out of the Bio Cell + and try that one.

Pondering irons. Yep woke up and was the first thing that crossed my mind.

Driver shaft; I need a driver shaft fitting like my body needs food, it's all about survival.

Don't need anything right now except figuring out the gap between 4i and Driver. Don't even know where to start on bridging that gap.

Oh and although I don't need it...a HZRDUS yellow would accent nicely with the graphics on the JGR.

Don't need anything right now except figuring out the gap between 4i and Driver. Don't even know where to start on bridging that gap.

Oh and although I don't need it...a HZRDUS yellow would accent nicely with the graphics on the JGR.

Heavenwood.
For the Gauntlet.

Heavenwood.
For the Gauntlet.

What he said. I think this year's HW is a solid improvement on last year's, at least for me. Adjustable hosel makes it easy to swap out shafts if needed too.

Well after chipping around with T2GRN18's SM6's yesterday, at least the 54 and 58 are on the definite list and possibly a 50.

I've started pondering hybos since realizing I've got about a 30 yard gap between my 3h and 3w. The J40 is a great hybrid but not especially long, so if I could get something that feels and looks somewhat similar but goes a few yards longer that would be awesome. Got fitted into a 19* M1 a few months back so something in that 19*-20* loft area probably makes sense to pick up a few yards there.

That is right...will have to get that in prior to moving south.

I've started pondering hybos since realizing I've got about a 30 yard gap between my 3h and 3w. The J40 is a great hybrid but not especially long, so if I could get something that feels and looks somewhat similar but goes a few yards longer that would be awesome. Got fitted into a 19* M1 a few months back so something in that 19*-20* loft area probably makes sense to pick up a few yards there.

what would you drop out of your bag to cover this 30y gap at the top?

A 4 wood

what would you drop out of your bag to cover this 30y gap at the top?

I would replace my current J40 3h with a 3h that goes further. I get around 230 from my 3W, 200 from my 3h, and 185-190 from my 4h. If I could bump the 200 up to maybe 205-210 by replacing the 3h it would give me better gapping.

I would replace my current J40 3h with a 3h that goes further. I get around 230 from my 3W, 200 from my 3h, and 185-190 from my 4h. If I could bump the 200 up to maybe 205-210 by replacing the 3h it would give me better gapping.

heavenwood? I like the j15 hybrid a lot and you can test drive it with different shafts. I get about 200-210 out of the 4h I have in my signature and love it. it's by no means the hottest out there but it's very straight and plenty forgiving. also doesn't seem to be a hook monster. no plans to change anytime soon.

heavenwood? I like the j15 hybrid a lot and you can test drive it with different shafts. I get about 200-210 out of the 4h I have in my signature and love it. it's by no means the hottest out there but it's very straight and plenty forgiving. also doesn't seem to be a hook monster. no plans to change anytime soon.

I haven't tried the heavenwood, but I'm a little hesitant since every time I try a 5W it doesn't work out and I end up back at a hybrid in that slot, so I don't see an even higher lofted FW working too well. But who knows.

I like the J15 option, since they are really similar to the J40 in shape. And I'm always scared of hooks with hybos so it not being hooky makes me happy. I'm also really interested in trying the Titleist stuff, TEE stuff, and the XR Pro.

Heavenwood.
For the Gauntlet.

What he said. I think this year's HW is a solid improvement on last year's, at least for me. Adjustable hosel makes it easy to swap out shafts if needed too.

Callaway woods/hybrids are at the top of my list. Have to give the HW a shot. There something called "HW craters" and I wouldn't mind having that shot in my bag. My 4i is my 220-230 club. If I can find something in that 250-260 range I'll be alright me thinks

Callaway woods/hybrids are at the top of my list. Have to give the HW a shot. There something called "HW craters" and I wouldn't mind having that shot in my bag. My 4i is my 220-230 club. If I can find something in that 250-260 range I'll be alright me thinks
I second the above posts on 4w. I go from driver to 4w to 3 iron. A strong 3w in 14° range leaves me with too much gap to 3i and I prefer the higher flight of 16° 4w. Callaway xr16 pro is in my bag and it's fantastic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back