Golfjams Bluetooth Speaker - THP Review

That battery life is outstanding... How's the sound?

It's really quite clean while in an office setting. It's obviously not going to hit very hard, and you lose a lot of the acoustics when on course, but I really don't remember hearing 'better' sound out of another portable unit. Not to say this sound is superior, I just think it's as good as the best I've heard.

That's probably pretty subjective though, considering we all have preferences towards how our music should sound. Certainly no hissing or anything awful like that.

I would be real interested to see long that battery actually lasts on a charge. Seems like if you go out and play 2 rounds.. your golden.

I would be real interested to see long that battery actually lasts on a charge. Seems like if you go out and play 2 rounds.. your golden.

Currently at 22.5 hours and still playing on the charge. I'd say you could manage two rounds out of that timeframe!

We are now at the 27 hour mark on a single charge. Keep in mind a majority of this playback is at a reasonably "only person in the room and working/THPing" volume so I am not sure that is having an impact on battery burn or not. My phone has been connected via bluetooth throughout this time and hasn't been all that far away from the unit, so again I don't know if proximity plays a role either.

I do know that i walked to the green the other day (with phone in pocket) while this was playing, a good 40+ yards away, and it was still connected and playing music. That's a pretty impressive range in my opinion.

That battery life is extremely impressive, not sure I've seen anything that can beat that.

This thing looks sweet. As much as I love Puma I think I like the idea of this one better than the soundchuck.
My exact thoughts--as long as you aren't walking + carrying your bag. Then I think something like the puma is a better fit.

Battery life is IMPRESSIVE Dan.

Being a walker that uses a pushcart I still have an interest in seeing if I could make this work. I think with a little ingenuity I could.

jams Bluetooth Speaker - THP Review

jams Bluetooth Speaker - THP Review

Just got the golfjams.... All I can say is AWESOME..... PUMA WHO?? Way different, 200% better battery life, what a better application... soooo easy to use and sounds so good. After my 27 hole round, took it back home and used it by the pool. This thing is crazy good.

My Golfjams just arrived. Initial thoughts: Build quality and packaging is top notch. Sound quality sounds very nice even at high or low volumes. I look forward to being off of work to give this a test on the course. I am going to use it at my desk at work until then.

Nice job Dan. The battery life on this unit is incredibly impressive. Might be a small feature to some, but I like that the button lights go on automatically. That's a great feature if one is using this off the course.

This thing sounds interesting. I've been looking for a deal on a Soundchuck, but this one might be a better fit.....

Back