Cobra FLY-Z+ Driver Preview

Sad day today ...RIP
e1cdfacd1bc53b21703f0429ec0014db.jpg

What a great driver you are...will miss you

Sad day today ...RIP
e1cdfacd1bc53b21703f0429ec0014db.jpg

What a great driver you are...will miss you

A picture does say 1000 words, but I'm going to need you to tell us the rest of the story there.

Now I'm scared, mine has a dent almost exactly there as well.

Its my fault however for expecting myself to be able to make normal swings after barely touching a club for two months. After seeing yours it makes me think that the head is quite fragile in that area.

Ha..no story to tell really. Was hitting it really well on the range and then heard a weird sound at contact. Looked at the face and nothing abnormal. New sound didn't change and noticed distance loss.

On further inspection I noticed the fracture in the bottom and it also starting to separate in front of the weight.

PLH...there is no dent in the club...it's actually a bulge forming. Kind of like a compression fracture where the face is moving back into the club. Will try and get a better picture out on the course today. Kang is bringing me a driver to use but wanted him to take a look as well before I send it off to get replaced.

Last edited:
Definitely contact Cobra - they will definitely take care of you.

Definitely contact Cobra - they will definitely take care of you.
Dropped it off today to get replaced. Cobra rep is actually coming in tomorrow and they emailed him to see if he had one to bring with him. Could have it replaced tomorrow or 2 weeks or so. No big deal...a great fella is letting me borrow one of his drivers (which was also awesome today).

Was going to try and get a better picture of the issue but forgot to get it before I dropped it off.

Shout out to Cobra and their service. My replacement driver came in today all wrapped up and ready to take to the range!

Thanks Cobra! The rep was going to give me a new one the day after I took it in but he didn't have my color. Good stuff.

awesome. Love hearing about good CS.

Shout out to Cobra and their service. My replacement driver came in today all wrapped up and ready to take to the range!

Thanks Cobra! The rep was going to give me a new one the day after I took it in but he didn't have my color. Good stuff.

You would wait because it wasn't your color lol. Glad you have the replacement.

My buddy just got one of these and I've hit it a couple of times on the range. It's not at all spec'd for me given it has a X flex shaft, but at 9 degrees with the weight port back, I've had zero issues launching it. It is amazingly straight and I have hit what are for me some very long shots.

The sound and feel are fantastic. The closest thing I have hit are the old Callaway carbon fiber Fusion (FT) lines. The ball comes off with a nice solid thump.

This is the best Cobra driver I have ever hit. They really got this one right.

I am seriously pondering this one, have not found a driver or a replacement for my broken Cleveland classic. That was my most consistent launcher. Thinking as the fly z is similar shape it may be worth a go. Tomorrow I intend on hitting it to see what kind of results I can get.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

First round playing this courtesy of Jman.

Feels livelier than my 815 alpha and with less side spin. Shafted it with a Fubuki zt. Good combo and it will be my gamer.

I need to hit this on a legit monitor since the new launch will certainly drop prices. Sheesh I have so many I want to hit this fall/winter.

I got a fly z + in today and was wondering if I should tighten the flip zone weight until the torque wrench clicks, like when changing loft, or if I can leave it looser without fear of rattling or sliding out? Thanks

I got a fly z + in today and was wondering if I should tighten the flip zone weight until the torque wrench clicks, like when changing loft, or if I can leave it looser without fear of rattling or sliding out? Thanks

I always tightened it until it clicks

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere but I couldn't find it. I have a regular bio cell driver with two shafts and a flyz+ with one shaft. I know the adapters have slightly different adjustments and wanted to know the conversion for loft if I swap one of my bio cell shafts in the flyz + or vice versa. Would the loft still be correct, or would it be off by a degree or so?

I believe they are the same in that both the Bio Cell and the Fly-Z lines used the 'my fly 8' adapters. The heads are different lofts though so a Bio shaft adapter reading 11.5* in the Fly Z+ head window would probably only be lofted at 11*

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere but I couldn't find it. I have a regular bio cell driver with two shafts and a flyz+ with one shaft. I know the adapters have slightly different adjustments and wanted to know the conversion for loft if I swap one of my bio cell shafts in the flyz + or vice versa. Would the loft still be correct, or would it be off by a degree or so?

Hey there Tmax,
had almost same/related question recently - have a Fly-Z+ (8.5-11.5) with 2 shafts and one has the regular Fly-Z (9-12, same as reg Bio-Cell) adapter. Contacted Cobra to be sure and they confirmed (as daddio suggests):
just subtract 0.5* from BC/FlyZ Adapter shown to get actual loft on Z+
Enjoy

Awesome, just what I needed.

Been pondering this driver lately. Anyone still enjoying theirs? I'm really liking the thought of the flip weight and thinking it would benefit me.

edit: pulled the plug last night and found an open box deal for a white fly-z+!

Last edited:
Been pondering this driver lately. Anyone still enjoying theirs? I'm really liking the thought of the flip weight and thinking it would benefit me.

edit: pulled the plug last night and found an open box deal for a white fly-z+!

Congrats on the find! Let us know what you think!

Picked up 1 this afternoon after hitting it on a monitor. May go ahead and get the Fly Z as well to compare the 2.

So I had hit the Fly-Z+ on a monitor awhile back while testing out pretty much every new club and really liked it. When a fellow THPer put one on the market, I went ahead and got it. First time out this morning, and I really like this driver. Definitely lower-spinning than my current driver, even with the weight in the back. The sound and feel of the Fly-Z+ is amazing, but a solid thump for well-struck shots. Despite being a bit shorter than my current gamer, still got above average distance. Misses towards the toe are penalized a bit more, but that's to be expected. Either way, I can't help but think this may well become my gamer in the near future. It's just too much fun to hit not to.

Back