keeping your hands dry - rosin bag? something?

BuckeyeMark

Reaction score
Handicap
It's summer in Big D and that means yesterday the temp was in the high 90s and the Temp-Humidity Index said it felt like 104. My right hand was just wet with sweat and I had a tough time getting it dry. Grab the towel on the way off the cart to the shot - kinda damp by the time I got lined up over it. Ideas for this? Maybe a rosin bag? Anybody carry talc or some drying agent in their bag? Is that even legal (I sure don't want to do something wrong :bulgy-eyes:). Ideas or thoughts?

I have a big problem with this. I just wear a glove for each hand. I had tried some stuff ( can't remember the name ) before, but it was too sticky. I have thought about a resin bag, but haven't went there yet.

I bought one of these in the pro shop at True Blue for the 2012 Morgan Cup...that year was the hottest most humid weather I have every played in and I am in South Texas.....several guys from Florida said the same thing.

$_35.JPG

The stuff worked pretty good

I really don't have the problem but my brother does, he carries a towel with him every where and wipes his hands constantly.

I have this problem up here in humid MI! The moment my hands get too sweaty, I lose all confidence in my grip. I end up wiping my hands on a towl between shots... but its not 100%. Also, i feel like cycleing through a few gloves helps. The moment the palm of your glove gets wet... good luck!

51Zpwx9ytUL.jpg

It's summer in Big D and that means yesterday the temp was in the high 90s and the Temp-Humidity Index said it felt like 104. My right hand was just wet with sweat and I had a tough time getting it dry. Grab the towel on the way off the cart to the shot - kinda damp by the time I got lined up over it. Ideas for this? Maybe a rosin bag? Anybody carry talc or some drying agent in their bag? Is that even legal (I sure don't want to do something wrong :bulgy-eyes:). Ideas or thoughts?

I would avoid talc since it tends to act like a lubricant as well. When the weather is triple-H I keep a big towel in the cart and a smaller one in my back pocket. The big towel does most of the work and right before the shot I'll use the small one on the grip.

Try a Hirzl golf glove, the wetter they get the stickier they become. great glove

Picked up some liquid chaulk before the MC last year and it worked fantastic. Can't remember what it was, but picked it up at GS in the bins up front.

Try a Hirzl golf glove, the wetter they get the stickier they become. great glove

These work pretty well, I don't normally wear a glove when I play but I have been wearing a Hirzl glove for the past month because of the heat and humidity here in Georgia.

I usually have 2 towels, a big one that I use the bottom to wipe my clubs off with at the bottom and can dry my hands at the top.

then I have a microfiber towel that I take with me to the green to dry my hands putter off on.

works pretty well, but on high humidity days, I might need to grab a 2nd towel just for my hands.

I love the Hirzl gloves.....only ones I play now

My hands sweat a lot. I carry a dry towel and go through 3-4 gloves during a round. I don't know much about this Hirzl glove that people mentioned above, but I'm going to look into it.

I usually go through 2-4 gloves in a round on a hot day. I bought a resin bag in the baseball section of a sports store last year and it works pretty well. I always have a dry towel to wipe my hands off and then I'll use the rosin bag. I also carry a wet towel and use that to cool off my hands sometimes. I always make sure to take my glove off shortly after my shot. I really struggle if my hands are wet.

I've found the holding some ice in my hands and/or dunking my hands in the cooler for 30 seconds really helps. It cools the hands and reduces blood flow to that area. Still have to dry off. But, it sure helps cool things down.

Years of baseball taught me the value of a rosin bag. I keep one in my bag.

I am a DFW guy and feel your pain.

Nothing really works except rain gloves.

I bought one of these in the pro shop at True Blue for the 2012 Morgan Cup...that year was the hottest most humid weather I have every played in and I am in South Texas.....several guys from Florida said the same thing.

$_35.JPG

I've used something similar from Golfsmith called Gorilla Grip. It's a stick rag, kind of feels like a wax base, but it dries you right out and keeps your hands plenty sticky.

I use multiple towels and a rotation of gloves. Sometimes four.

I don't really like sticky hands either so I'm not sure I'd like any of the products mentioned above. I like clean grips, clean hands.

The easiest thing to use to keep your hands dry is to have a cold, wet towel. Think of the size of a hand towel. All you have to do is to get it wet and cold and use it to wipe off your hands between shots. When you come across the beverage cart, dip it in the ice water keeping the drinks cold. Or use the water jugs to get some cold water on it. You just have to refresh the cold on it a couple times during the round.

It's simple really. Your hands sweat because they are hot. Use the cold towel to cool them off, and they won't sweat, at least for the few minutes until you hit the shot. Plus its great to use to wipe off your face and cool off that way. My hands will sweat like crazy and I've used this method for years and never have a problem with sweaty hands. It's cheap, easy, and there is no mess.

Hasn't anyone come up with a grip for these conditions? I think golf pride says they have one but I don't know that actually works.

I've used something similar from Golfsmith called Gorilla Grip. It's a stick rag, kind of feels like a wax base, but it dries you right out and keeps your hands plenty sticky.

Yeah, the SD Chargers got in trouble for using these to dry the football. Other teams were using it as well but the NFL put a stop to it.

Are your grips clean a tacky. That and a Hirzl should do the trick.

$_35.JPG

I just ordered one of these from the Bay. Hoping this will help some.

Back