THP Regional Rivalry - Ohio vs Michigan - Sponsored By True Temper

I missed the 7AM tee time, wow that is early! Not much time for flightscope or warm ups. Will we have a break in between matches or as soon as everyone finishes we go?

That would really depend on how slow people play. :D
We have tee times in the afternoon in hopes there is time for at least a small break, as teams will change I am sure.

Awesome formats and details. Cant wait to sign up.

7am tee time doesn't bother dads with young kids! That's late.

Lets go Meeeechigan!

So sounds like really only a few weeks to bribe me and get the kids playhouse built

They wouldn't even pay for your round yesterday, I wouldn't get the hopes up on that. Some people just don't understand politics...

I love that there are four 9 hole matches on the day, and those formats are great! Can't wait to get signed up on the 15th!

Loving the formats. Alt Shot to finish up. Brilliant!!! My playing partners are in for a format change this spring . We are going to implement these asap. Can't wait to hear the picks, the pairings & the match ups. Whats for the event dinner? Michigan Victory I suspect...

Going to need to prep for that. Never teed off that early.

I will help you out with that. We will be teeing off early for rounds when the weather breaks. Get the bio-clocks adjusted properly.

Awesome formats and details. Cant wait to sign up.

7am tee time doesn't bother dads with young kids! That's late.

Lets go Meeeechigan!

I was thinking the same thing. I am more concerned about taking a nap @ dinner...

I was thinking the same thing. I am more concerned about taking a nap @ dinner...

Haha, exactly. Adrenaline will get Tyler ready to go that early. Sun is even out by that time usually. Range time will likely be in the dark though. Get your glow balls ready.

I will help you out with that. We will be teeing off early for rounds when the weather breaks. Get the bio-clocks adjusted properly.
Sounds like a plan. But fwiw, I said teed off that early. Usually it's because I was working at 430 or so in the past.
Haha, exactly. Adrenaline will get Tyler ready to go that early. Sun is even out by that time usually. Range time will likely be in the dark though. Get your glow balls ready.
Adrenaline? Pshhhh. What do I have to be hyped up about? ?

The formats are going to be fun. Can't wait til sign-ups

Mixing up the 18s with two very different formats will make the Captains factor big time in the success of their Region. That's awesome.

Alt Shot is by far my favorite team competitve play type. The strategy involved is so fantastic.

I've never played alternate shot. So I'm really hoping to get in to be able to experience that. I think it's a game type that I would enjoy a lot.

With the signups near, and a few people possibly jumping into the thread for the first time I just wanted to revisit the questions I had asked to those folks interested in playing for Team OH. If you havent sent me a PM with the answers to these please do as soon as possible.

Thanks

1. What is your current index?
2. What is your goal index wise by the time of the event?
3. What do you consider are your strengths of your golf game?
4. What are your weaknesses that you need to improve?
5. What kind of player are you teammate wise when playing alongside a fellow teammate?
6. What is your plan to help assure your team is victorious in June?
7. Why do you want to be apart of this team?
8. Why should I pick you?

Matches 3 and 4 are going to be a GRIND. Throw in the fatigue factor along with the pressure of those formats? Going to make for some great stuff

Love seeing alternate shot being the last format and match for this one. Definitely will test the nerves and a format I enjoy playing.

Matches 3 and 4 are going to be a GRIND. Throw in the fatigue factor along with the pressure of those formats? Going to make for some great stuff
1 and 2 provide relief off the tee based on the format, but love that the second go-round is straight up pressure. Alt Shot on the final 9 is a very, very big deal.

1 and 2 provide relief off the tee based on the format, but love that the second go-round is straight up pressure. Alt Shot on the final 9 is a very, very big deal.

communication and knowing your partners game will be huge in the final 9.

communication and knowing your partners game will be huge in the final 9.

I was just thinking this. I will feel very strong in the first two formats, and I can bring it in best ball as well, the alternate shot is going to be a tester for sure.

Close them out after 27

Problem solved

It is, and its going to be tricky around the greens. Gotta remember the format or else it could be costly

The formats are great. Going to give the captains plenty to think about it. It will be interesting to see the teams and how the pairings shake out especially with Alt shot as one of the formats.

Quick announcement for the 1st 18 holes

When your 2nd 9 hole match ends, you are going to be asked to come off the course. This is to make sure everybody has time to finish the 1st 18, get bags swapped on different carts, grab something to eat if they choose and get ready for the next 18 holes.

Failure to do so will have some ramifications that could result in the rest of your team being a bit upset.
The second 18 should be no issue with everybody finishing all 18 holes, and assuming daylight is okay, everybody can play that one out.

More coming on time later.

Back