Golf Ball Inventory - How Many?

I have a problem where I buy a lot where I see a good sale (good example was the 8 dozen Duo U I bought last month for the year). I give a lot of sleeves away to friends as a result. Right now, I'm over 20 dozen of a variety of balls I play - mix of Callaway, Bridgestone, Wilson staff, and a random dozen of tour preferred and pro V1.

I feel better now having read this. It's difficult to pass up quality balls on sale at great prices.

I will say I'm only half the hoarder you are at 10 dozen of various make/model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
How are the Lady Precepts?
They are actually a great ball. Several of the guys here on the forum have used them. Academy Sports had them for $4.00 a dozen at the time and since I was losing balls at an alarming rate I stocked up.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I have around 16 dozen balls. Mostly Chrome Soft, Pro V1 and Supersoft.

Without counting the loose balls in my golf bag or my shag bag the number is around 43 dozen. I could have a problem.

7f239517b75b9eea80ee012399d28bb8.jpg

What are your thoughts with those Hopkins?

1 Doz B330 (2014)
2 Doz Chrome Soft
1 Doz SuperSoft
3 Doz Used ProV1x

I have a shelf in the garage that full but not sure how many it is.

Golf Ball Inventory - How Many?

They are actually a great ball. Several of the guys here on the forum have used them. Academy Sports had them for $4.00 a dozen at the time and since I was losing balls at an alarming rate I stocked up.

I used them when they were the Precept 180IQ. I really liked them. I'd guess they are like the xFIXx or Treosoft.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts with those Hopkins?

I thought they were OK. Kinda of hard for my taste. Distance was on par with others in the same price category. I struggled with them around the green, but at the time I got them I struggle with almost every ball around the green so that may not be a fair analysis.

Probably 100 or so in a USPS box. I have never bought brand new balls or plan on it, always AAAA+ bulk quantity on ebay.

3 doz. Thats enough for a couple seasons for me

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

That's a great deal. I asked because my wife's grandma got me some Lady Precepts (by accident I'm sure) and I haven't hit any. Maybe I'll give them a shot.

That's a great deal. I asked because my wife's grandma got me some Lady Precepts (by accident I'm sure) and I haven't hit any. Maybe I'll give them a shot.
Hit 'em!! I think you will like them.

Hit 'em!! I think you will like them.

What are your opinion of the Hopkins balls, what mainstream ball would you compare with them?

I miss being on a staff plan, getting about 6 to 12 dozen a year just for using their clubs. That was the best!

NOW, it's whatever is in the bag when I leave the house. Pretty sure I have about two dozen right now, nothing crazy.

I keep a bucket in the garage that I drop in balls that weren't for me, there are now two full buckets. My daughter picks out what works for her. As far as unopened boxes I have 2 2016 Chrome Soft, 2 Titleist ProV1, and 1 2016 Bridgestone RXS, also have 3 sleeves of Callaway Superhot 55 that may end up in the bucket.

I usually keep a dozen in the bag and maybe one extra sleeve.

I currently have:

7 Dozen 2015 ProV1X
4 Dozen Chrome Soft
1 Dozen 2015 B330
1 Dozen Nike RZN Black

Brand new in boxes -
18 doz Brudgestones
4 doz Callaway
3 doz Wilson Staff
2 doz Titleist
Please do not ask about "experienced" balls.

Brand new in boxes -
18 doz Brudgestones
4 doz Callaway
3 doz Wilson Staff
2 doz Titleist
Please do not ask about "experienced" balls.

So.many.balls.

I'm slowly whittling down my inventory. It's most comprised of e6's, e5's, DUO's, 50 Elite's and SoftFli's so I haven't been super insistent on finding errant shots. Trying to make more room for the 2016 iterations of the DUO.

I have about a dozen in the bag, although many are not new. Along with that, I have about 8 sleeves of various balls PV1, Chrome Soft, RXS, Staff Duo, NXT-S, in my locker in the garage. I have a box of Duo-U headed my way. Getting ready for our trip to Florida.

Picked up a few boxes of supersofts here and there when they were on sale on amazon. The last order they screwed up and sent a double order...ended up being an even greater deal!!! not pictured are 36 of some cheap wilson titanium balls that I use as my home range balls. Now that I have a Skytrak I'm thinking of just using some of the supersofts as my home range balls...might as well practice with the balls I game. Also thinking of getting a box of the new Chromesofts to try out. Think I have a problem....LOL

I normally have 2 or 3 sleeves in my bag and what's left of the dozen I keep in the box. Replace as needed. I got 3 doz for Christmas and I feel like I've got a truck load now.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Just bought 4 dozen 2016 chrome Soft so now at 6 dozen at home and 2 dozen in the shag bag

Back